bubbatheclown
emospongebob527

Troll Debate: Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber are Secretly a Gay Couple

emospongebob527
Started: 3/18/2014 Category: Funny

bubbatheclown

Pro

First round is for acceptance.

In this debate, I will be taking the pro stance, which states that Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber, iconic characters from the hit kids show "Veggietales," are secretly a gay couple. I have evidence to back up my claim, and I await a challenger who thinks he or she can prove me wrong.
emospongebob527

Con

Many thanks to cubbatheblown for instigating this debate over whether or not Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber are Secretly a Gay Couple. I see no need for definitions or clarification.... so, I accept.

State your case.
bubbatheclown

Pro

Before I begin, you'd probably ask, "if it's true, why's it a secret?"
Here's why:
A. Veggietales is a Christian show (even today), and Christianity views homosexuality as a sin,
B. No kids show that I know of portrays homosexuality, even in our increasingly gay-tolerant culture.

Evidence 1.
Look at this:
If you look at the the Big Idea logo, you can see that Larry is leaning on Bob, as a romantic couple might lean against each other.

Evidence 2.
They've never married or shown romantic interest in any female vegetables, despite occasionally pretending to do so for various Veggietales productions, such as "Larryboy" and "Duke and the Pie War."

Evidence 3.
Taken from transcript from Veggietales episode "Madame Blueberry:"
[Bob and Larry are crying]
Bob: Oh that was beautiful!
Larry: Hold me Bob!
Bob: I would if I could.
http://en.wikiquote.org...
You can't get much more gay than being a guy who wants another guy to hold you when you're crying.

Evidence 4.
Larry has a high pitch voice, and even Bob's voice sounds a tad too high to be normal.

Evidence 5.
Both Bob and Larry are completely naked when around each other, except perhaps during the productions, such as Larry Boy.

Pro has made his case.
During his/her turn, I ask Con to:
A. Keep it (relatively) clean
B. DO NOT forfeit

I await my opponent's rebuttal
emospongebob527

Con

Many thanks to clownthebubba for his opening arguments.

Rebuttals:

Such Logo

My opponent states that a romantic couple may lean against eachother and so if Larry and Bob have leaned against eachother, then they may be a gay couple. My problem with this is mainly that, leaning doesn't exist. In order for them to lean against eachother, they would have to touch eachother. Let's define lean. Lean is slang for purple drank. Purple drank is a "concoction which includes a prescription-strength cough syrup used in a manner inconsistent with its labeling, as a recreational drug. The mixture became popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States, originating in Houston." [http://en.wikipedia.org...] Is my opponent suggesting that Larry and Bob a concoction which includes a prescription-strength cough syrup used in a manner inconsistent with its labeling, as a recreational drug. The mixture became popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States, originating in Houston against eachother, so they may be gay? This is absurd. My opponent's claim is 1/10 would not accept.

many Romantic Interest

My opponent's next claim is devoid of much logic. such groundless. wow.... anyway, his claim carries no logics because Larry and Bobby could very well be asexual. Ever think of that Mad Hatter? Anyway, my opponent assumes that lack of romantic interest in females equates to homosexuality. This is simply false. [http://www.physicsforums.com...] Homesexuality and heterosexuality aren't the only options. They could very well be asexual, which is having no sexual attraction to either sex, as said before. [http://en.wikipedia.org...] My opponent's contention is a very false dilemma. much assumption. so fallacy.

quite Madame Blueberry

My opponent quotes Veggie Tales using wikiquote, which is a sketchy source, at best. My opponent's contention claims that if Larry-san and Bob-senpai said these things while crying, then they are probably gay. Well, my problem with this is my opponent is jumping to conclusions. In other words, he is assuming and jumping to the conclusion that them saying these things makes them gay. This is false, they have to do the sexual things to be gay. [http://www.zmescience.com...] And, obviously, since Barry and Lob don't have wieners, they can't do da gay tings. [http://www.whfoods.com...] The article says that tomatos are the "healthiest fruit in the world" and if Bob was gay, he'd probably have HIV and not be healthy [http://www.cdc.gov...]. Same with cucumbers. They are the "world's healthiest food" after all [http://www.whfoods.com...].

many Voices

My opponent contends that if Larry and Bob have voices that are higher than usual, then they must be gay. However, this such false. many false. very false. wow. Anyway, it's false because wikipedia says, "Bobby is usually the "straight man" in his partnership with Larry the Cucumber (the "Costello" of the pair), as they introduce many of the stories at the beginning and wrap-up the Biblical lesson at the end of most of the shows" [http://en.wikipedia.org...]. If that isn't proof that Bob is straight and therefore not gay, I don't know what is.

very Naked

My opponent's next contention states that since Larry and Bob are naked most of the time when they are around eachother, then they must be gay. However, my problem with this is that.... it's much false. very presuming. not very wow. I could easily spend my time around another man without clothes and not be attracted to him or turn gay. Like I said before, gay marriage doesn't exist [http://www.zmescience.com...]. And, I am straight [http://www.debate.org...], just like Bob-senpai and Larry-san, because they are good Christians who hate homogays [http://biblehub.com...]. As the word of our good Lord says, "'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." And, obviously Lawrence and Robert are good Christians and haven't committed suicide. Therefore, they are straight.

Much thanks.
bubbatheclown

Pro

Logo:
They don't have digestive systems, so they cannot drink this "purple drank." I was referring to the fact that Larry is leaning his head against Bob, as if they're a couple.

Lack of Interest in Female Vegetables:
My opponent suggests that they are asexual. This makes no sense; they couldn't be gay if they were asexual.

Madame Blueberry Quote:
I believe my source to be quite reliable. However, if you still need more proof of Bob and Larry's gayness, Google the "Sombrero Song" and you'll find that Larry is seen wearing a dress. That should be proof enough, I believe.
Haven't you heard all those fancy dressed Liberal college professors speak? Kissing guys is more normal than kissing girls, dude! Of course they're healthy!

High Pitch Voices:
You cited Wikipedia, which can be edited at will. However, this still does not excuse their high pitch voices. Do you know who else has a high pitched voice? Justin Bieber, and it's commonly known that he's gay. Then, take the Yodeling Song. That sounded really gay.

Nudity:
You said that their nudity somehow does not mean that they're gay. Then what does it mean, that they like walking around naked? Also, they don't need external reproductive organs because they've got seeds inside. Of course, they never try to have kids because it means somebody would have to dig a big hole in them.

More Proof: Don't their faces look like they're wearing makeup?

There are plenty of "gay Christians" out there who believe that their lifestyle is compatible with Biblical teachings, ignoring such Bible verses. Perhaps Bob and Larry are among these.
emospongebob527

Con

Many thanks to clownthebubba for his counter-rebuttals

Rebuttals:

Such Logo

Pro claims that Larry leaning his head against Bob makes them a gay couple. This is many fallacious. such wrong. not wow. Anyway, it's wrong because one time.... I saw these two guys leaning against one another and I walked up to them very cautiously and said, "are you g-guys g-g-g-g-g-gay?" They said no. This proves that fruits and vegetables from a dumb, Ron Paul worshipping, Christian TV show are not gay.

many Romantic Interest

Exactly, Pro. You dismiss the alternative of them being asexual. The possibility exists.... your original argument was a false dilemma.

quite Madame Blueberry

My opponent claims that I should look up the sombrero song. I refuse. My opponent is trying to rape me. Rape = trying to get someone to have sex with you through force and coercion.... my opponent tries to employ the rape tactic. I will not stand for this. And besides, I wear dresses and I'm not gay, at least I hope not.

such Voices. not very wow

My opponent claims that Wikipedia is probably not a reliable source. However, for this claim to hold true, he must show me some scientific evidences. Thanks. He then says that Bustin Jeiber has a really high-pitched voice so he is also gay. But, this is simply an ad hominem towards Hitler and French Jews. Y u do dis? ;-; He then cites the yodeling song, but doesn't present any scientific evidence. Now please. thanks.

Nudity 4 Doge pls

"You said that their nudity somehow does not mean that they're gay. Then what does it mean, that they like walking around naked?"

Possibly. You have dismissed this alternative outright and you shouldn't have. Thanks.

"Also, they don't need external reproductive organs because they've got seeds inside."

Get a load of this guy. ^ I have seeds inside from the watermelon I ate today and yet, I need an external reproductive organ, i.e, my member. lel.

"Of course, they never try to have kids because it means somebody would have to dig a big hole in them."

Good. It's for the best.... God is great. Vote Con if you love God. :*

no Prostitutes for me pls

"Don't their faces look like they're wearing makeup?"

Maybe. However, my opponent never the fact that leaning doesn't exist. As covered in my acceptance round. Shut up, Tina! You fat lard!

'There are plenty of "gay Christians" out there who believe that their lifestyle is compatible with Biblical teachings, ignoring such Bible verses. Perhaps Bob and Larry are among these."

Yes, but they are not true Christians.

"True christians do not engage in the same behavior as the homogays, who should be stoned. A true Christians hates homogays and eats dirt and lives in a hut for 40 days to come closer to God. Jesus loves you is a nice motion in church, it is a nightmare in prison. Vote Con." -Jesus

bubbatheclown

Pro

I applaud my opponent's trolling skills. He/she has a knack for this, I think.
That being said...

My opponent claimed that a guy leaning his head against another guy is not gay. This couple who he saw doing this probably was gay, but they weren't quite ready to admit it publicly yet. Also, there's never been a direct mention of Ron Paul in Veggietales (as far as I know).

My opponent claims that they are asexual. We have no way of knowing this, so this point is null, I guess.

Ignoring my opponent's accusations, the Sombrero Song in Veggietales shows Larry wearing a dress. This is evidence of homosexuality. Also, if my opponent is male and he wears dresses, then he might very well be gay (though this is not guaranteed).

Let's see, evidence for Wikipedia's rack of reliability...
Done! I just now changed the article on Obama to state that he's a secret communist Muslim who isn't a citizen. But by the time you look it up, a nerdy underweight Wikipedia user named Joe will have erased this.

My opponent says that they just like walking around naked. However, if two guys walk around each other naked, they're probably gay. The Roman Baths closed about 1700 years ago. Is there anybody on this Site who disagrees?
emospongebob527

Con

Okay, I only have 13 minutes, lol.

Rebuttals:

"My opponent claimed that a guy leaning his head against another guy is not gay. This couple who he saw doing this probably was gay, but they weren't quite ready to admit it publicly yet. Also, there's never been a direct mention of Ron Paul in Veggietales (as far as I know)."

My opponent drops that someone leaning their head against someone else equates to the two being attracted to one another.

"My opponent claims that they are asexual. We have no way of knowing this, so this point is null, I guess."

No, I claimed that it was possible. I also showed how your either/or argument for being homosexual or heterosexual was a fallacy.

"Ignoring my opponent's accusations, the Sombrero Song in Veggietales shows Larry wearing a dress. This is evidence of homosexuality. Also, if my opponent is male and he wears dresses, then he might very well be gay (though this is not guaranteed)."

How is this even evidence? I mean, come on, bro. lol. Wearing a dress is something by choice and is only physical. Homosexuality is innate and within one's deepest desires. The two aren't really connected.

"Let's see, evidence for Wikipedia's rack of reliability...
Done! I just now changed the article on Obama to state that he's a secret communist Muslim who isn't a citizen. But by the time you look it up, a nerdy underweight Wikipedia user named Joe will have erased this."

My opponent never provides a source therefore, the resolution is false. Vote Con. :* He needs to provide scientific evidences to prove his points, lol.

"My opponent says that they just like walking around naked. However, if two guys walk around each other naked, they're probably gay. The Roman Baths closed about 1700 years ago. Is there anybody on this Site who disagrees?"

I disagree, lol. And how are Roman Baths relevant? Vote Con pls.
Posted by Loveshismom 3 years ago
Loveshismom
Con is totally going to win.
Posted by Loveshismom 3 years ago
Loveshismom
This is ridiculous, and Pro is obviously wrong.
Posted by bubbatheclown 3 years ago
bubbatheclown
You know what? I changed my mind. This thing is still on!
Posted by emospongebob527 3 years ago
emospongebob527
What happened, clownathebubb?
Posted by bubbatheclown 3 years ago
bubbatheclown
I am terribly sorry, but this debate ends now. Consider yourself the victor.
Posted by bubbatheclown 3 years ago
bubbatheclown
How about Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster (Gus) from Psych? Perhaps they are too?
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Nothing secret. They never denied their relationship. Same with Burt and Ernie :P
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
O wow, I had no idea, that's pretty funny.
Posted by bubbatheclown 3 years ago
bubbatheclown
Actually, Veggietales episodes are still being made.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
OMG, blast from the past haha! I remember those videos from like 3rd and 4th grade.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
bubbatheclownemospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro trolled this debate.