YYW
KeytarHero

Trolling is a form of art.

Started: 8/5/2012 Category: Arts

YYW

Pro

Resolved: Trolling is a form of art.

Definitions:

Trolling:

"deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame. The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help. Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll."

http://www.urbandictionary.com...

Art:

"A skill acquired by experience, study, or observation; an occupation requiring knowledge or skill... the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects."

http://www.merriam-webster.com...;

Rules:

1) Neither the definition of "trolling" or "art" may be questioned by debaters.
2) Sources in text.

Structure:

Round 1: Introductions.
Round 2: Opening arguments.
Round 3: Rebuttals to opponents arguments in preceeding round (i.e. rd. 2)
Round 4: Responses to rebuttals and concluding arguments. No new arguments may be introduced.

"When we are born, we cry that we are come
To this great stage of fools"
King Lear; Act IV, Scene IV

KeytarHero

Con

Trollers be trolling.

Also, I question the definitions of "trolling" and "art."

Trolling is deliberately hiding under bridges to scare passers-by and not allow them passage over the bridge unless they answer your three riddles.

Also, art is a man's name, short for Arthur or Artholomew, or even Art.

I look forward to Pro's opening argument.

:D
YYW

Pro

Both sides have agreed to forgo this debate. See comment section for further details.
YYW

Pro

May this debate, if voted on, remain a tie, pursuant to the nature of this debate's progression! Oh, and tomorrow never knows.

;
KeytarHero

Con

Yep. And may we all fly away on the backs of angels...

YYW

Pro

Indeed. And because love lifts us up where we belong.
KeytarHero

Con

The world is coming to an end.

Posted by Dragon_of_Christ 1 year ago
Dragon_of_Christ
And this:

I. Love. FROZEN.
Posted by Dragon_of_Christ 1 year ago
Dragon_of_Christ
YYW, i want to submit this to the truth box:

Dragon_of_Christ is a jerk. No one cares that trolling idiot.
Posted by haert09 4 years ago
haert09
Hello My Dear,
I am well pleased to contact you after viewing your profile today through my mail contact mail address is
hamisikipkalye(at)yahoo(dot)com) give me your mail for easy contact send it directly to my mail box now and i will add you ok
God bless you.
Yours friend.
hamisi
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
You could just have a mod delete it...
Posted by YYW 4 years ago
YYW
Ok. Cool.
Posted by KeytarHero 4 years ago
KeytarHero
Well, to make it faster we can just click "post your argument" and explain the situation. I don't think there's a way to get out of a debate once it's begun.
Posted by KeytarHero 4 years ago
KeytarHero
Posted by YYW 4 years ago
YYW
So... how does one forfeit a debate willingly? Or do we have to wait for the clock to expire?
Posted by KeytarHero 4 years ago
KeytarHero
Oh, I know. I was just joking about the re-definitions. lol

That's okay. You can go ahead and debate with Imabench, since it's just a joke debate, anyway.
Posted by YYW 4 years ago
YYW
If you 'really' want to debate it, we can, but the definitions are not up for debate, pursuant to the stipulations outlined in the stipulations.