Max.Wallace
RevL8ion

Trolls manipulate font's to gain creedo with their masses, the dumb voters.

RevL8ion

Max.Wallace

Pro

When you see a font in boldface or archaic, are you more likely to believe the font manipulator? Obviously.
RevL8ion

Con

I accept your challenge, and will prove that fonts and colors are not necessarily meant to make voters prejudiced to one side. The Pro side may begin whenever they are prepared. I will be looking forward to their argument in this debate.
Max.Wallace

Pro

I hadn't even thought of color manipulation.

Font manipulation is clearly marketing, which is profiteering due to greed.

Colors have much more emphasis on opinion. Thanks for bringing that up. please elaborate on why niether makes a difference to the manipulable.
RevL8ion

Con

Thank you for your argument, Pro. I'm afraid, however, that because of your lack of content, I'm unable to make as many rebuttals as I would like, nor do you include any sources, trivial as this debate may be. Before I start, however, I would like to clarify some things before this debate turns into a dirty game of semantics. You are stating that trolls on DDO use elaborate and colorful (actually, you can't color words on DDO, but perhaps it might be added soon) decorations to their posts to gain more votes, correct? Well, I agree with that, but I do not see why that makes them as a "troll," or why that makes the voters "dumb." Let's start, shall we?

I. Rebuttals
"Font manipulation is clearly marketing, which is profiteering due to greed." To begin with, how is massing votes on DDO marketing? You do not gain even a single cent from winning a debate by a landslide, say, 400 points to 2. In addition, people do not use fonts to be "greedy." They use it to be creative or want a change from the old default font. Everyone has a right to do at least that, considering our freedom of speech! The most preposterous argument that you've held in belief is that you believe colors can affect judgment. Your belief is that if someone uses, say, Comic Sans MS (shudder) and a peculiar font size, do you think they will win from simply that? In fact, it does the contrary, as proved by this veteran debater [1]. SUPPOSE THAT I WROTE LIKE THIS. Do you think that if I continually wrote like that, I would get more voters? Just reading that make my eyes water. I am sorry to inform you I am extremely skeptical of your argument overall.

II. Reasoning
I will now further pave the way for my argument. Let's use the formula p ⇒ q, to show that if p, then q [2]. My opponent stated that if you use fonts, then you will get more votes. However, I've already disproved that with an example debate and logical reasoning. I will now state that if you use uniform font, then your argument will be easier to read and more preferable to win, as long as the content is well-put. Then, let's conclude our deductive reasoning with the formula pq, or p, therefore q. I used mild and basic font instead of something wild like before, therefore, I have an increased chance of winning this debate as long as my content is reliable. The same to my opponent as well, as he continuously used the default font, although he did not have any organization in his argument.

III. Conclusion
Because of this solid evidence combined with logic, I can confidently maintain the fact that no matter how much font or visual effect someone uses, they will only hinder themselves with their excessive lavishness along with their neglected content. I have also noted that my opponent has failed to provide a debate that supported his argument, where the victor used an odd font, the victor qualified as a "troll" to some degree, and the voters were acutely focused on his font. He has failed to prove any of these three statements, and I am fairly certain that the odds are tilting in this debate. Stay tuned for the final round! I will hungrily await my opponent's final fortifications in his argument.

[1] http://www.debate.org...
[2] Sternberg, R. J. (2009). Cognitive Psychology. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth. p. 578.

Max.Wallace

Pro

your naivete is shocking, and obviously you have never studied marketing, a valuable tool of the communist and capitalist pigs alike. I care not about the winnership of this debate, as only cats in the box will vote. this is a litterbox debate, thanks for the fun!!!
RevL8ion

Con

Why am I not so surprised? I've been monitoring your posts and comments, and your immaturity is extremely obvious with that last comment of yours. Mind your manners here on DDO, please. I see your resorting to harassment as an indirect acknowledgement of your defeat, so to put it simply, you're a sore loser. However, since you have not posted an argument, I believe that my statements from Round 2 is more than sufficient for my argument. Remind me not to have another debate with you; people as foolish as you are the reason why adults look down on minors. Well, I better not waste my time on someone with deaf ears and a thick skull. Voters, use common sense and vote wisely and civilly on this debate. Thank you.
Posted by RevL8ion 2 years ago
RevL8ion
No offense, but I find it amusing that a 41 year old can be more immature than a teenager.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Max.WallaceRevL8ionTied
Reasons for voting decision: Bad conduct. Bad grammar. Rebutted arguments. No sources.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Max.WallaceRevL8ionTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro was mean and off-topic as usual.
Vote Placed by RobertMcclureSmith 2 years ago
RobertMcclureSmith
Max.WallaceRevL8ionTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con tried to make arguments and Pro did not but rather made short one sentence statements.