JacuPro
EvangilisticOmega

Trophy Hunting in Africa. A Good practice?

JacuPro

Pro

Trophy hunting in Africa is the single-most generator of revenue for African countries and supports the conservation movement. Protectionists believe that the killing is unethical and they want the populations to increase, but they are voting against themselves right now.
EvangilisticOmega

Con

I think that trophy hunting anywhere is wrong solely for the purpose of wastefulness. Sure they may look good in your living room or garage but how does it benefit the hunter or the animals? I believe we have domain over animals but i think we should use them foe something useful instead of just a trophy.
JacuPro

Pro

The idea of trophy hunting may seem pointless because it just gives someone glory, but remember, some of these hunters are paying $1,000,000 just to kill an animal. This revenue goes straight to the local government and communities to save endangered species and promote conservation. The land used for wildlife conservation has nearly doubled because of the revenue trophy hunting brings in. When a country bans trophy hunting, they could easily lose $20-40 million annually.
EvangilisticOmega

Con

May I see your sources that states that it protects endangered species and that the revenue goes to the local government?
I don't see how the country would actually LOSE money, it would just mean that their government does not receive a bonus.
I also found this:
In an opinion piece by Jeff Flocken of the International Fund for Animal Welfare, he states that "despite the wild claims that trophy hunting brings millions of dollars in revenue to local people in otherwise poor communities, there is no proof of this. Even pro-hunting organizations like the International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation have reported that only 3 percent of revenue from trophy hunting ever makes it to the communities affected by hunting.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org...
JacuPro

Pro

JacuPro forfeited this round.
EvangilisticOmega

Con

Points carry over.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I am against it.. sort of