CatalyticConvertersRule
juli.marie00

True. What is your view on vaccines? Do you agree with California's mandatory vaccines laws?

juli.marie00
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Post Voting Period

CatalyticConvertersRule

Con

I am undecided on this one! What is your opinion??
juli.marie00

Pro

I am for mandatory vaccination laws. Therefore I accept on the side of pro.
CatalyticConvertersRule

Con

I agree with your stance on vaccines. If everybody in the world got vaccines, I think we would no longer have to worry about diseases like smallpox, polio, MS, and anything else you can add? If they are mandatory - even for adults, then we would be protected. Also, maybe people should be incarcerated if they don't choose to be vaccinated.
juli.marie00

Pro

Public safety shouldn't always be put first. As stated by @debatwinnerpro, some people are unable to receive the vaccination. Granted, these people are more at risk to get diseases, but they shouldn't be penalized for their health. Other than that, I agree. Why put other students in danger of contracting diseases over a 2 second long pinch?
CatalyticConvertersRule

Con

I just don't think they are as beneficial as people say they are..
juli.marie00

Pro

Every vaccination has successes and failures. That is to be expected. However, exemptions for vaccinations aren't up to us. And quite honestly, I'm gonna have to say is works unless there is an outbreak....
Posted by birdlandmemories 4 days ago
birdlandmemories
Btw my bad if it sounded a bit hostile. Just never seen it happen before.
Posted by birdlandmemories 4 days ago
birdlandmemories
@Catalytic that"s new. Deactivating your account usually doesn"t erase your friends list
Posted by CatalyticConvertersRule 4 days ago
CatalyticConvertersRule
juli.marie00 I apologize! I deleted my account by accident and it deleted my friends by default :( .
CatalyticConvertersRule
Congratulations to juli.marie00 - in beating my butt in this debate - lol. You are very smart.

And Debatwinnerpro , your post did not go unnoticed... I am sorry to hear about your brother, and I know how horrible and useless vaccines are. People don't have the right to infringe on peoples' choices.
Posted by Balance42 6 days ago
Balance42
Many people don't understand what vaccines are. In fact you are being injected with a weakened/dead form (or some part) of the pathogen which can then be recognised by your body (but however it is weak and therefore shouldn't cause any problems) and leading to a primary response (which is slow) and causes a "memory of the pathogen" and what worked against it (e.g. correct antibodies) then when you come across the pathogen for real you mount a rapid secondary response as when your body comes into contact with it , it recognises it immediately and also knows immediately how to combat it. In simple terms.
Posted by maggie.n18 1 week ago
maggie.n18
f people do not vaccinate themselves and children disease will continue to spread as well as evolve, leaving us more susceptible to harm from the diseases. It necessary for humans to at least make a community/ statewide attempt to eradicate disease to ensure future generation"s health.
However, due to the lack of broadcasted accurate information on vaccines, people should not be forced to receive vaccines or punished for not being capable of receiving vaccines. People"s paranoia already link vaccines to birth defects and health issues that have 0 correlation to the vaccines themselves. They help to end the spread of disease, but as long as the majority of people in social environments/ occupations such as schools, the food industry and even sanitation occupations we can ensure that the population is pretty safe for those who are unable to get vaccinated. Placing those who do not get vaccinated, aka the small minority, into incarceration would be radical and adding people into our already overcrowded jails.
Posted by Debatwinnerpro 1 week ago
Debatwinnerpro
my brohter had a terrible allergic reaction to vaccines... maybe give em to them later
Vote Placed by Ramshutu 6 days ago
Ramshutu
CatalyticConvertersRulejuli.marie00Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a very limited, unsourced argument, con did not present an argument: pro wins by default.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 1 week ago
birdlandmemories
CatalyticConvertersRulejuli.marie00Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con basically agreed to everything pro said in round 2, then made no new arguments in round 3. So basically, everything pro said went unargued. Pro?s round 2 argument stands, specifically the latter part when comparing ?a 2 second long pinch? to the increased risk of disease without a vaccine. Thus, pro wins the debate.