MaxLamperouge
lyokowarri0r

Trump 2016?

lyokowarri0r

MaxLamperouge

Con

Should Donald Trump be the Republican Candidate in 2016?
Donald Trump: Donald John Trump is an American businessman, television personality, author, and candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election.

1st round acceptance.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

I accept. It looks like you are against Trump having the Republican nominee, so I will be the opposite
MaxLamperouge

Con

Argument 1:
I have done a debate on this before, so I will use one of my arguments from that debate that I thought may open your eyes.

"Polls and stats show he wold lose to Clinton or Bernie. Most polls out there say that Clinton would win indefinitely if she were to face off against Donald Trump. See the charts and polls below. All have Clinton winning by large margins. This is just another reason to not have Donald be our candidate, because he will lose.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...

What if Donald were to face off against Bernie Sanders?

The following chart from -
http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
show clearly that Sanders (blue) would crush Donald Trump (Red) if they were to face off.
Observe another chart. The chart is sources from various polls (55 different polls).
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...
Its not even a competition. Seeing as Donald Trump cannot win against either candidate, its obvious he should not be the Republican Candidate." - My other debate on this subject

The polls show - Trump would lose to either candidate.
Why make him the Republican Nominee...if he cant win the national election.

For now, thats enough.
I will present more arguments on this debate in the next round.

Max Lamperouge
lyokowarri0r

Pro

As of right now Donald Trump has completely gone beyond what anyone expected when he firs put his name for the presidency. I too was skeptical of him gaining support. But support did he get. He has destroyed all the competition and any attempt to dislodge him ended in backfiring i.e. Rubio, Bush.

The Con speaker has brought up some polls suggesting that Trump would lose to Clinton or Sanders in the general election. I would like to point out that the same sources that the con speaker has provided point out that all the remaining candidates would also lose to Clinton and Sanders but by greater margins. We must also take these with a grain of salt. FDR, JFK, and Truman were all expected to lose their elections but they ended up on top. If that may seem to distant, we can look at the democratic primary in Michigan. Sanders was predicted to lose by double digit margins, but ended up winning. Polls can be wrong. Furthermore, we should not be choosing a candidate that we think will win in the general; we should pick someone we agree with and like. Trump is on track to have the majority of the delegates at the RNC. With that, he should and will, win the nomination for the Republican party.

This resolution does not address Trump's character or policies; it simply is about if he will get the nomination. This is a democratic system. If he wins, he wins. That is democracy.
MaxLamperouge

Con

MaxLamperouge forfeited this round.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

Con has forfeited the round. The resolution deals with Mr. Trump ability to gain the presidency. He is most likely to get the Republican nomination and with enough support, can when the presidency. This is a volatile time where being establishment is seen as a negative. Trump embodies the anger in much of the voters and represents a new age of politics. I will not go any further to keep this fair.
MaxLamperouge

Con

MaxLamperouge forfeited this round.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

Con has forfeited the round again. I do not really want to create a unfair advantage so I will also skip this round.
MaxLamperouge

Con

MaxLamperouge forfeited this round.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

Con has refused to debate. Vote pro.
Posted by MaxLamperouge 7 months ago
MaxLamperouge
Exactly.
Good arguments btw, Ill have mine in soon.
Posted by lyokowarri0r 7 months ago
lyokowarri0r
The wall would be incredibly expensive
Posted by MaxLamperouge 7 months ago
MaxLamperouge
How will he build the wall though?
Posted by MackDamion 7 months ago
MackDamion
Trump is the kind of person to say he'll do something and actually take action. People hate him because he's honest, or as they might call it, rude. He says it like it is and for some god forsaken reason, everyone gets "butt hurt". Some of the things he says is taken out of context. Example: He was trying to say he wanted the illegal immigrants to be sent back. He should have said it differently because the media took it as he hates all Mexicans.

Trump says he'll build a wall. I believe he will do it. So far, he is the only candidate that hasn't hid any information or say things to please people. I believe that Trump is a better business man than a politician. Though as a business man, he's able to work hi sway around the system and earn things. Trump acts on what he says. If he says he's going to close every IHop restaurant, he will.

Trump is also what most would call being brutally honest. I have noticed that everyone seems to talk about honesty and when Trump uses honesty, the get upset. Trump basically says what everyone else is afraid to say. That's what we need in office. Not necessarily Trump, but someone who speaks the truth when it needs to be heard. If people get upset, that's on them.

Everything Trump has ever said is always taken out of context. Most of it is because of the media and because no one actually listens to what he has to say. The thing about it is that everyone is on the bandwagon that has been created.

I'm not saying Trump should be our president. I'm saying that he makes some good points and has some good ideas, but no one is willing to give him a chance.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 7 months ago
fire_wings
MaxLamperougelyokowarri0rTied
Reasons for voting decision: ffety ff