KingofTheSkullServants
Castaway

Trump being president is better than Hillary being president

KingofTheSkullServants

Pro

Trump being president is better than Hillary being president. For starters, Hillary wanted a "no-fly zone." Which means war. So, she wanted a no-fly zone on Syria and Russia. In reaction to this, a lot of people disagree with this, including Trump. In fact, because of this, Hillary made Trump sound reasonable. Also, the whole "I'm going to build a wall and kick out all Mexicans," thing is bs.
Castaway

Con

To begin, I'd like to thank my opponent for creating this debate and wish him the best of luck in what I hope to be a good, clean debate. Now, I'd like to begin my debate.

Trump is an infinitely inferior choice for president than Hillary Clinton. I'd like to preface this with the admission that no, Hillary Clinton is not a great choice. She has many flaws that I've no doubt my opponent will be happy to point out. But unlike Donald Trump,, she actually has great experience in the field and is a far better leader in all regards.

Firstly, Clinton has vast experience in the political field. She understands how the system runs and has the experience to do so well. She's a former senator and a former secretary of state. She actually knows what she's doing. Trump, on the other hand, has not. He has no experience in this field. No, Trump does not. Trump only has experience in business, many of which he's driven to the ground. You don't need to have a great education to see how badly Trump Steaks went. You don't need to have went to Yale or Harvard or Trump Univ... never mind the last one. Sure, Trump has managed to use pre-existing bankruptcy laws to avoid being personally screwed over, but I personally don't want the country to end up like one of his many failed companies. Trump is only good at one thing; manipulating people to get his name out there. Trump has shown his willingness to abuse the American people, even admitting to screwing over the people by getting out of paying taxes. Why is it someone who happily screwed over the American people is now being trusted to lead them?

As well as this, Trump is a much more offensive and divisive figure. He has insulted massive ethic groups such as the Hispanic Community, the Muslim Community, the Disabled Community and women in general. He has called for bans of the entire Muslim community, insulted the Hispanic community by claiming that hispanics are naturally biased against him and thus can't do their job such as with Gonzalo Curiel, insulted the disabled community such as with his comments towards Serge Kovaleski and has insulted women in countless cases. He is an incredibly divisive figure who can't represent the American people's values. He has said blatantly racist and sexist things, and we can not have these people representing the country.

Another point is on the issue of a Trump presidency vs a Clinton one is policy. Trump has proposed ridiculous policies that will not work. He wants a wall across the Mexican-US border that would cost billions of dollars that would cripple the country and do almost nothing to stop immigration, seeing as half of Mexican immigrants come by plane, and we're actually having more Mexicans leave the US than are coming here. We're literally at a net gain. This is a non-problem that will help no one, yet Trump has made it one of his biggest selling points. Clinton has demanded more of a return to the Socialist policies that helped build this country back up in the 50s. She has no massive ridiculous drains such as this ridiculous wall: her policies are more about helping the American people.

So, we have Hillary Clinton, an experienced, realistic politician that admittedly had many faults, vs an inexperienced, manipulative business man who has abused the tax system and the American people, who has failed in business many times and only survived through the fact that this country's economy works in such a way that the rich very rarely truly fail, has no skills in politics, has insulted the Hispanic, Muslim and Disabled communities and many more alongside women at large, and has policies that border on the absurd. Who would really be the better choice?
KingofTheSkullServants

Pro

Firstly, good luck to you, too.

Secondly, yes, Clinton has more experience under her belt, but some of that comes from the fact that she's married to Bill Clinton. Now, while that may seem like anything special, you'd think Hillary would get some knowledge off of him being president.

Third, while yes, Trump came off as someone who doesn't like these certain group of people, keep in mind that there were some times where she would say "we never had a woman president, before" kind of implying that she's using that as a way to get more people to vote for her.

Fourth, while what Trump wants to do sounds stupid, keep in mind that its the presidential elections. People would say anything to get to be president. For example, when Obama was running for president, he said he would bring the soldiers in Iraq back. However, when he got into office, he didn't. Also, I don't think Trump has the ability to kick out a certain group of people just because he doesn't like them.

Finally, your choices for president is an idiot (Trump) or someone who wants war (Clinton). I'd rather have someone who would be an endangerment to their surroundings than a person who's going to cause damage to the would.
Castaway

Con

What exactly is your point on the marriage to Bill Clinton? Yes, I imagine her being the First Lady would also contribute to her being a more experienced president. How is that a slight against her? If anything, it's another plus. She's vastly more experienced seeing as Trump has no experience whatsoever and isn't even a good businessman due to all the businesses he's ran into the ground. That alone shows that there is no contest, and Clinton is the infinitely better choice.

Sure, Clinton is playing the women card to a degree. But what's worse. playing the women card, or acting in a way that offends these massive communities of the Disabled, the Hispanic, the Muslims and Women in general? That's a majority of Americans. Sure, Clinton's by no means perfect in this field, but she is infinitely better than Trump.

Sure, politicians can get into office and find what they promised is unfeasible. But their campaign promises still show what direction they're going to go. Trump's all show he's going to go in a terrible direction that will fail disastrously. Will he get the wall built? Probably not. But either he's lying completely about which direction he wants to take the country, in which case he's a manipulative liar who cannot be trusted, which is unlikely, or he has no idea what he's doing and his biggest platform is a clear failure.

In response to your comment on the limited power of the president, so what? Your defense of the candidate is that he doesn't have the power to do the awful things he wants? Yeah, realistically, he doesn't. But he has the power to make great strides in those directions. All you're doing is limiting the damage he'd cause, not showing how Clinton is in any way a worse candidate. You're acknowledging that yes, Trump is an idiot with awful plans, but he won't cause too much damage. While I appreciate the optimism, that seems to be a point in my favor.

Clinton does not want war. The "no fly zone" comment is admittedly not the best plan forward with the Syrian Crisis, but it will most certainly not cause a war. She's said that it's only a possibility and wasn't like the Wall a major campaign promise. She said that she wants major negotiations before anything like this would come about. To say she wants war is incorrect and an uninformed statement to make.

You admit throughout your argument that Trump is an idiot, that he's offended massive communities and that his policies are miserable. In return, you've only managed to slight Hillary to a minor degree.
KingofTheSkullServants

Pro

Okay, so I'm going to move on to different points because you debunked all of my points.

So, let me explain the whole "no-fly zone." Hillary said that she wanted a no-fly zone on Syria and Russia. However, in late September, 2016, US Marine Corps General Joseph Francis Dunford said that " to control all of the air space in Syria would require us to go to war." This is something Hillary wanted since 2013 (3 years). When I said that I would rather have an idiot rather than a person who illegibly wants war, that's what I meant. Also, if you have your doubts on Joseph Dunford, the man knows what he's talking about.

Also, something about Hillary is he inconsistency. She has flip flopped through so many things. She voted for the Iraq war, but then was against it. She was for NAFTA, but was against it. She was for the Keystone XL Pipeline, but then was against it. Are you seeing a pattern, yet? She's even change her mind on gay marriage. Her response to whenever she's called out on this is "New information has come to light..." Like, what new information made you change your mind on gay marriage. Imagine how it would be with a very inconsistent president.

Anyways, good debate. I hope you don't see me as a Trump fan who can't argue against someone with a different opinion. In fact, I don't even like politics, I just did this for fun.
Castaway

Con

Oh. Well, that's nice. Terrific.

Yes, this was a bad idea from Hillary, but she said it would only come about after extensive negotiations. It was a weak answer that wouldn't have ever taken place. Does it speak against her as a president? Most definitely. But does it outweigh all the horrible things about Trump? Not even slightly. This was a bad idea that would never occur, and even then you're exaggerating how bad an idea it is. Sure, taking the airspace would result in war. But Clinton's plan of negotiations first would just've failed and not led to war, and does not even slightly compare to all of Trump's ridiculous plans.

Has Hillary flipflopped? To a degree. But so do most politicians. As public views changed, so did hers. At one point, she was against gay marriage. Tell me, is it so hard to believe that she, like most people in the US, has changed her mind? Is the ability to change your mind, as well as to represent the changing views of the people, not essential in a politician compared to dull, unchanging dedication to outdated ideas? Hell, Trump's flip-flopped on many issues to a huge degree like the Iraq War, and on other issues rather than admit he was mistaken like when shown how ridiculous the wall concept was, he didn't flip-flopped, but remained ignorant and ignored evidence. Is that what you'd prefer in a president? I would surely hope not.

No, I get it. No bother, I think most people are on here for fun.
Posted by ILikePie5 1 year ago
ILikePie5
Challenge me if you want!
Posted by ILikePie5 1 year ago
ILikePie5
I would love to debate you @Castaway
Posted by ptosis 1 year ago
ptosis
Neither one is president yet. So, a little early
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
Well ILikePie5, I'd be happy to debate you next, if you'd like.
Posted by ILikePie5 1 year ago
ILikePie5
I can defend Trump better......