123PenguinOverlord321
Kirigaya-Kazuto

Trump for President

123PenguinOverlord321

Con

The man leading the current race for the presidency is who? None other than Donald J. Trump. Why is this? Why are people voting for him? I'm both curious and scared. To start this debate, I'll use one of the most obvious points as to why people should not be voting for this man. Racism. In a world that is constantly moving forward, away from a time of racism and prejudice, why is it that there are so many people voting for a man who wishes to bring an end to equality for coloured people? This world is always changing, always evolving, and I had thought that humans, as a species, had moved on from blanket racism. Apparently not, if the majority of Americans are voting for a man who has openly endorsed racist violence.
This brings me to another issue on equality. Donald Trump has expressed interest in rescinding marriage equality rights for members of the LGBTQ+ community. He says he is for 'natural marriage'. As I have already said, this world is forever moving onwards. Why take away the rights of a person simply because of their sexual orientation? Why vote for the person that wants to?
Trump has also said that he has a big issue with Muslims. This is another example of blanket racism from the man himself. If a minority of Muslims are part of fundamentalist and extremist groups, does that really mean that you should tame away the right to worship from the majority? What Donald Trump, and indeed the people who vote for him for this reason, have failed to realise is that the majority of Muslims are not a part of these groups. He has expressed wishes to close the mosques, but for what reason? Does he really think that will solve his 'problem'? Do you?
I have heard that some people vote for Donald Trump because they are tired of listening to politicians. Tired of their empty promises to give this and that, but what makes you think he will be any different? What makes you believe his promises more than anybody else's? What will you do if he gets into the White House, and you find out that he has no intention of fulfilling any promise he's ever made? What makes you think he can do what others cannot? If he becomes president, life in America could go one of two ways. He could be a tyrant, or he could just not care about the people at all.
So, what is it about Donald Trump that makes him such an appealing candidate for so many people?
Kirigaya-Kazuto

Pro

Before we begin I would like to clear some things up for the voters and provide definitions.

There is no clear resolution so I will provide one after the definitions.

Trump - a card of a suit any of whose cards will win over a card that is not of this suit

President - (Definition 2) an officer appointed or elected to preside over an organized body of persons

Full Resolution based off of definitions - A Card Trump For The President Of The World

My stance is as follows: A Card Trump Should Not Be The President Of The World

http://www.merriam-webster.com...
http://www.dictionary.com...
123PenguinOverlord321

Con

123PenguinOverlord321 forfeited this round.
Kirigaya-Kazuto

Pro

Excuse my error of last round. I believe I am Pro for a Card Trump being President.

I shall await my opponent to post another argument however as they have already forfeited one.
123PenguinOverlord321

Con

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Pro

This symbolically marks the end of said debate. Please vote Pro
123PenguinOverlord321

Con

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Pro

Vote Pro please.
Posted by canis 7 months ago
canis
I am not from the US. But Trump is evolution. Meaning we do not know what to expect...