Trump made his money through bankruptcy

Started: 2/21/2016 Category: Economics

When Trump was older than a teenager, he asked for a "small sum of a million dollar" from his dad.

Of course, his dad being the dad gave his son a million dollars to start his business. But, Trump failed and bankrupted. Until he received the inheritance from his dad to start his business, but bankrupted three times.

He liquefied the results of bankruptcy into his pocket money.

Banks still loan him money because the reputation of a billionaire is very hard to sully.

First, I would like to thank my opponent for giving me this chance to debate.

Ok, while I see your point, Donald Trump actually stated himself "I have used the laws of this country ... the [bankruptcy] chapter laws, to do a great job for my company, for myself, for my employees, for my family," he said during the first Republican presidential debate on August 6.

He could still become bankrupt with that sum of the money from his father.

Trump uses the chapter laws as stated:

Chapter 7: stops all operations and liquidate company's assets.
Chapter 11: reorganize a company.
Chapter 13: Plan to repay debt.

He will continue to make more money from bankruptcy thanks to these laws and as his reputation of a presidential candidate and a billionaire.

Regardless if he loses the money he gets from his father, 40 million, he'll still be a billionaire.

Trump has good credit, but his organization has bad credit. Explain to me why he'll lose a few billions if he lose 40 million?

Ok, for starters.

Weren't you supposed to be the one against the debate instead of for it? You've clearly stated "He will continue to make more money from bankruptcy thanks to these laws." I'm the one who's for this debate.

"He will continue to make more money from bankruptcy thanks to these laws and as his reputation of a presidential candidate and a billionaire."

But, when his time is up. He'll lose money and become bankrupt again. But, he'll still have a lot of his money.

Forbes listed Trump as a million back in 1980-90s then listed him as a billionaire today. His company went bankrupt 3 times.

I.........have nothing to say.........

My opponent has won and I forfeit this debate. My opponent has proved me wrong and changed my mind. I chose this debate out of no where though........

Good Work, Nzm
Vote Placed by U.n 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro cited a CNNMoney news article for use of their quote, giving credibility to the quote. IOW, you know they didn't make it up. A news website is a relatively reliable source, more-so than most. In comparison Con mentions a statistic from a Forbes article but offers no citation. Therefore I am only able to give credit to Pro for most reliable source.