jreslan
TeenDebater0236

Trump should honestly be impeached

TeenDebater0236

jreslan

Pro

The nation is now witnessing a massive corruption of the presidency, far worse than Watergate. Indeed, Nixon White House Counsel John Dean has told reporters: "I don"t think Richard Nixon even comes close to the level of corruption we already know about Trump."[1] Given the opportunity of ten full weeks between the election and the inauguration to divest his business interests, Mr. Trump chose instead to announce, just nine days before inauguration, a wholly inadequate plan to step away from operations, but not ownership or income streams, of the Trump Organization. Instead, he has chosen to profit from the presidency at public expense, in violation of the United States Constitution. The violations, the corruption, and the threat to our republic are here now. President Trump"s personal and business holdings in the United States and abroad present unprecedented conflicts of interest. Indeed, President Trump has admitted he has conflicts of interest in some cases. For example, the Trump Organization has licensing deals with two Trump Towers in Istanbul, and has received up to $10 million from developers since 2014.[1] President Trump admitted recently that "I have a little conflict of interest, because I have a major, major building in Istanbul."[2]

Crucially, some of these business arrangements violate the U.S. Constitution"s Foreign Emoluments Clause, which provides: "[N]o Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under [the United States], shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."[3] The purpose of this provision is to prevent foreign influence or corruption. "Emoluments" from foreign governments include "any conferral of a benefit or advantage, whether through money, objects, titles, offices, or economically valuable waivers or relaxations of otherwise applicable requirements," even including "ordinary, fair market value transactions that result in any economic profit or benefit to the federal officeholder."[4]

Many of the Trump Organization"s extensive business dealings with foreign governments, businesses owned by foreign governments, and other foreign leaders violate this ban. A recent legal analysis by Prof. Laurence Tribe of Harvard Law School, Ambassador (ret.) Norman Eisen (former chief ethics counsel to President Barack Obama), and Professor Richard Painter (former chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush) concluded that Mr. Trump would be violating the foreign emoluments ban from the moment he took office, due to "a steady stream of monetary and other benefits from foreign powers and their agents" deriving from his existing business arrangements.[5] As a result, since he did not divest his business operations before inauguration, he has been violating the Foreign Emoluments Clause since the moment he took office.[6]
TeenDebater0236

Con

First of all, I want to say that I did not mean to click the Take the Challenge button , and I'm truly sorry for doing this to you but because I don't know how to undo this, I will say that whether we like it or not Mr. Donald Trump is our President. It is guaranteed he will mistakes, many past Presidents have. It is guaranteed that he might not be the best President that America has known, but no matter what he deserves a chance and he deserves respect. I think one should know a person before casting judgment.
Posted by ILikePie5 8 months ago
ILikePie5
The problem with healthcare is that 60 Senators are needed to repeal a bill, and Democrats aren't willing to help the GOP. Like I said, Congress isn't helping....both parties. The Wall would be effective in stopping drugs and illegal immigrants from the Southern Border. Not 100% but still effective.

I can say the same to you as well. No matter how much I'll say, the MSM and liberals will continue to publish fake news and disagree. It's just the way politics is. I disagree, but I don't hate--a majority of my friends are Democrats. But I disagree about not debating. Just because you think that my belief won't change, doesn't mean you shouldn't debate. I'm merrily stated that Trump's foreign policy is good compared to Obama as that was my original comment.
Posted by DrCereal 8 months ago
DrCereal
His plan for healthcare is grotesque, and the wall is a ridiculous notion. Neither of which need to pass.

You are correct in that I was mistaken about the cost of the bomb. (I was just recalling things off of the top of my head and had done no research before my reply.) As for everything else, I can tell my words will fall on deaf ears so I will no longer take you up in an argument.

My point now is more that Trump's foreign policy is garbage, REGARDLESS of how bad Obama's was. Don't idolize him like the many others of his mindless followers. (The caps isn't an expression of anger, I'm simply trying to stress the word.)
Posted by ILikePie5 8 months ago
ILikePie5
I wasn't specifically talking about foreign policy being blocked by Congress. I'm talking about other things such as healthcare and the wall.

The MOAB actually costs 170,000 dollars to make, the millions notion is fake news. The MOAB strike killed 100 ISIS linked operatives in Afghanistan. These people are the ones that create IEDS that can kill our soldiers. And we don't want ISIS spreading, do we? Al Qaeda has kind of an alliance with ISIS. The Syrian Air Base bombing was justified; it showed that Trump isn't toying around like Obama did. He showed to Putin that America is back. And what did Putin do? Nothing, cause he can't. As for Iran, the Nuclear Deal was a disaster and they can't do anything right now as well. If they even scratch us, we can burn them to the ground. Syria is complicated. Every organization in Syria is somehow linked to Assad or ISIS. But Trump has said that he doesn't want to push for regime change. As for civilian casualties, it's part of war, but we try to limit it. War against ISIS is kinda like fighting the Viet Cong. The point is that we try to minimize casualties. And once again, the press didn't report the civilian casualties committed by Obama. It's a double standard by the media. As for NK, that lunatic will go down. Trump is already working with China to end NK's ICBM program. Obama? He just put on sanctions that didn't even affect NK, because China was it's main consumer. But now, even China is backing up. Just recently, they stopped purchasing Coal from NK and instead bought it from here. The Media is spewing lie after lie after lie, bit of you take the time to do some research and search multiple articles, the answer will be straightforward and self-explanatory. I'm not saying Trump is a god or anything, I'm just saying his foreign policy so far is better than Obama--who's only accomplishment was killing Bin Laden.
Posted by DrCereal 8 months ago
DrCereal
Please elaborate on what part of Trump's foreign policy is being blocked by Congress.

Even if "Obama was bullied around", Trump's Foreign Policy is absolutely atrocious. If I recall properly: his method of handling terrorism won't work, he bombed ISIS tunnels which we built with a bomb that costs millions of dollars in a country that has very few ISIS members (which are actually at war with Al-Queda I believe), he bombed a Syrian airbase (escalating with Russia, another world nuclear power, and Iran while demonstrating he is going to become a hawk) helping the Syrian rebels (which are mostly Islamic extremists), he has increased drone strikes, he's broken the record for civilians killed IN drone strikes, he killed an 8 year-old-girl in the first drone strike he oversaw, and he is pointlessly escalating with a country that possesses nukes (Nth Korea).

I'm sure Obama's foreign policy wasn't much better, but Trump's is utter trash.
Posted by ILikePie5 8 months ago
ILikePie5
I would disagree, Obama didn't have a foreign policy. He got bullied around by everyone. But Trump, he isn't getting bullied. His agenda would already be implemented if it were not for Congress and the politically motivated judges.
Posted by DrCereal 8 months ago
DrCereal
@ILikePie, maybe, but Trump is pretty bad as well.
Posted by ILikePie5 8 months ago
ILikePie5
Obama was garbage on foreign policy
Posted by DrCereal 8 months ago
DrCereal
Lol. I wouldn't want to impeach Trump because then we would get Pence.
Posted by jreslan 8 months ago
jreslan
Actually no I'm not Obama was a much better president in his start than Trump, FYI.
Posted by DavidMGold 8 months ago
DavidMGold
Could make the case that your opening paragraph better describes Barack Obama, not Donald Trump, and would be happy to take this debate.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 8 months ago
dsjpk5
jreslanTeenDebater0236Tied