KJVPrewrather
EliseG1010

Trump to demand military parade.

EliseG1010 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

KJVPrewrather

Con

I am against this for a few reasons. One, this will take money away from healthcare, two, dictators do these things, and three, this will take our troops away from their training. War is not a game, and our troops are not toy soldiers. Peace, not war.
EliseG1010

Pro

First off, how exactly will this take from healthcare? Secondly, sure some dictators have been known to parade their military, however parading our troops here in the U.S. shows patriotic unity and support for our military, just like Veterans Day and Labor Day Parades. Yes, it will take our soldiers away from training ,but it'll give them a much needed break and boost their moral. No, war isn't a game and our troops are not toy soldiers, they are human beings, they need breaks.
KJVPrewrather

Con

Go back and read my entire statement. I made a few points I want you to address. First, this might harm national security by pulling troops away from their positions. I support our troops, but this is ludacris. Second, the money spent on this could go towards children's protective services, healthcare, and education. Third, what about the social programs to help single mothers who are often the backbone of their communities. Forth, Kim Jong Un just had a military parade, how do you feel about that? Fifth, what are we saying when we glamorize wars which should be congressionally approved like Ron Paul says? Do you know what it's like to be mind effed for having been through something traumatic? When human life is involved, err on the side of caution.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 2 weeks ago
Bitch_Goddess
A lot of this has no backing.
Firstly, they don't take away all troops for this event. Assuming that something would happen while the troops are at the parade is highly unlikely. Even so, I doubt they would take away troops in certain fields that would be necessary for the event of something bad happening. Our military isn't going to be completely vulnerable.
Secondly, stating what that money COULD be spent on when the government and public already help those organizations (or should) does not bring the parade at fault. There's a lot of money that could be going to those organizations because of "prioritization", doesn't mean we get to take away such a huge event for the sake of another.
Thridly, what if Kim Jong Un had one? Kim Jong Un breathes as well, should we all stop breathing cause he does it, too?
Fourthly, having a military parade is not glamorizing wars. We are celebrating the heroes who go fight and die for us, not the reason why they have to. Supporting military does not support the war itself.
And finally, I certainly have been in a traumatic situation, so what does that have to do with anything? If soldiers have PTSD, why would they go? Again, we are celebrating THEM, not the war or violence.
Posted by offensivedude 2 weeks ago
offensivedude
I can tell you're such a hippie