Trump will make a great president

Who believes that Donald Trump will not be a great president? Explain to me in a intelligent way how he wouldn't be a good president.
10 Day Vote Period
3 Rounds
72 Hours To Argue

Thanks to Pro for bringing up this topic.

I believe that Donald Trump would not make a great president.

Great: being such in an extreme or notable degree

Thank you,

That will be all for now, Pro may proceed with his/her argument

Politics have proven to not do the job well. Bush and Obama did just horrible we're still in debt, we have people depending on the Government. We have ISIS who should have been gone by now instead they now have oil which brings them in around one billion dollars per day. We have a huge debt with China and other countries. We have poor public education. We have illegal immigrants getting state aid. We have vets that can't get into hospitals, some die before they even make it in. We need a business man. Politically correct doesn't seem to be working that well. Yes, I know Trump maybe a little loud from here to there but it's about what he can do. Trump has abused the law to get his way (bankruptcy hotel) he'll be able to do the same with executive orders. He's very honest, he won't sit here and BS you like most politics. All politics want to do is be reelected. They're all talk no action.

I'd like to thank Pro for his/her previous argument.

However, one thing in particular did catch my eye:

"Trump has abused the law to get his way (bankruptcy hotel) he'll be able to do the same with executive orders."

Mr. Trump is a ruthless man.
No, even worse: Mr. Trump is ruthless business man.

He isn't some hard-working American who "gets things done" or something. His financial success mostly comes from an inheritance that he received after his father's death.

Donald trump only knows how to make money off of other people's work.
Out of all of the businesses that he buys, trump runs most of them into the ground.

That, my friend, is why I don't want him running this country.

Because this is a country, not a company.
Because we can be sure that he will do whatever he wants without thinking of what is truly best for the people of the USA.
Because we don't need a raciest, sexist, belligerent, bullheaded big-mouth like Donald Trump representing the American public.

Thank you,

Let's do some basic math! Trump inherits 200 million now is worth 10.8 billion(The numbers went up just incase you didn't know that). Looks like he did a fantastic job. His name has so much weight on it! "Out of all of the businesses that he buys, trump runs most of them into the ground." Please be specific and have a list of companies he ran into the ground. Don't forget he's worth 10.8 billion. HOW IS HE WORTH THAT MUCH IF HE'S RUNNING THEM IN THE GROUND EXPLAIN PLEASE!

Pop quiz! Do you know what ISIS is? ISIS is a terrorist organization that likes to kill people if they disagree with their ways. They abuse women, decapitate men, all that sick stuff. We need someone who is SMART like Trump and ruthless to deal with them. Have you seen how our current president has been dealing with them? Not a good job is you ask me. Now we have to get better deals with China and Japan we need a very strong tone! America is going down, we don't have time to sit here and make all these sissy people happy.

Trump has hired more women in executive positions than males. Doesn't sound like a sexist person to me.

Trump is not racist(by looking at your profile picture I am questing you...) Illegal immigration is a thing rather if you like it or not. We have people sneaking across our border breaking our laws. Yet, our president doesn't do anything about it, he'd rather take them in and pay for all their needs. Lot's of them are rapists, drug dealers, and thieves. Yes, true facts hurt our poor little "Don't be racist" motto we all live by.

America is being ran like a country and it's 19 trillion dollars in debt. We need to try something new. Obama ain't working.

I'd suggest going to a doctor because you just got CRUSHED. :D <3 ')

I am actually a doctor by the way, there is no need for that kind of insulting.
This is a debate, not a rap battle

Trump is racist and sexist:

Trump is not racist because he wants to deal with illegal immigration (not unlike the other, better republican candidates).

Trump is not sexist because he doesn't think that women are as skilled as men in the work force.

Trump is racist and sexist because he regularly degrades minorities and sexualizes women by saying things like:

“Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it.”

“The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day."

"You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of a--.”

Need I go on?... I'd rather not.

I most certainly don't want to spend 4-8 years of my life listening to those kinds of things while knowing that he represents me as an American Citizen.

Trump didn't get out of debt on his own:

In 1990, due to excessive leveraging, The Trump Organization revealed that it was $5 billion in debt ($8.8 billion by some estimates), with $1 billion personally guaranteed by Trump himself. The survival of the company was made possible only by a bailout pact agreed upon in August of that same year by some 70 banks, allowing Trump to defer on nearly $1 billion in debt, as well as to take out second and third mortgages on almost all of his properties. If it were not for the collective effort of all banks and parties involved in that 1990 deal, Trump’s business would have gone bankrupt and failed.

His failure to acknowledge anyone’s contributions, save his own, in the creation of his success shows where his priorities lay.

Trump is a liar:

In his book The America We Deserve, Trump explains that,
“the greatest threat to the American Dream is the idea that dreamers need close government scrutiny and control. Job one for us is to make sure the public sector does a limited job, and no more.”
This quote proves to be particularly ironic when considering Trump’s feelings about eminent domain laws. He was quoted as saying, “I happen to agree with it 100 percent” when speaking of the 2005 Supreme Court decision on Kolo v. New London, which affirmed the government’s ability to transfer land from one private owner to another for the purpose of economic development in the area.
In fact, Trump attempted to take advantage of eminent domain laws on multiple occasions, once even demanding that an elderly widow give up her home so that he could build a limousine parking lot.

The idea of a man like Trump "negotiating" with ISIS is a frightening one. It is easy to see how countless people might needlessly lose their lives because of this man.

That is all I currently have to say on the subject of Donald Trump.

Thank you so much for your time... may the best argument win :)
Posted by whiteflame 11 months ago
>Reported vote: HankMG22// Mod action: Removed<

6 points to Con (Conduct, Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a weak argument point- Donald Trump excelled in business; he will excel in Presidency. Con proves this wrong and I am persuaded that Trump will not be a good president through this debate.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter doesn't justify allocating conduct or sources.
Posted by whiteflame 11 months ago
>Reported vote: Effffort// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (Conduct, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Logic.

[*Reason for removal*] Neither point allocation is explained by stating "Logic".
Posted by Mister_Man 11 months ago
So for Con's final argument, he quotes Trump a few times, to "prove" he's racist/sexist. His first quote was actually proven to be completely false*, so I can't accept that. The next comment was satirical/a joke, and doesn't prove he's racist. His third was making fun of the media, and even if he was serious, doesn't prove he's sexist. Con's next point is spot-on, explaining how Trump basically got bailed out by the banks, and had to take 2nd and 3rd mortgages out on his properties to pay his huge debt off. The point on eminent domain laws doesn't really prove he's a liar. It shows he thought differently at a time. And then Con pretty much completely drops the ISIS point.

So my conclusion is the obvious sources point to Pro, as he/she was the only one to actually provide sources, and a very slight argument point to Pro. I wish I could just give one point for arguments, as this was very close, but I see that Con only addressed maybe half of everything Pro brought up, and the only point Con brought up that was really good was that Trump didn't build his business from the ground up, and had to be bailed out by the banks. This, I believe, doesn't mean Trump isn't going to be a great president. Pro did show how the current system and approach and presidents haven't been working, and Trump is the change America needs.

I would also like to point out how incredibly disappointed I am at the lack of sources used. There were so many claims made in this debate that I could have easily just said "nope, don't believe it" and leave it at that. So to both of you, if you make a specific claim (for example, the Trump organization being $5billion in debt), don't expect anyone to take it seriously if you can't prove it.

Narrow win to Pro in this one.
Posted by Mister_Man 11 months ago

Lots of people on this site know I support Trump 100%, but I'm capable of providing non-biased votes, so before you yell at me for being "another mindless Trump supporter vote bombing Trump debates," actually read my reasoning.

It's unfortunate that there were next to no sources cited in this argument, so literally all we have is a bunch of "he said she said," back and forth. However because Pro did provide the lone source, I have to award sources to him/her.

And because there's nothing to back up anything anyone says, I have to take everything they say at face value.

Pro opened pretty well by showing how the current approach at big issues isn't working, and Trump, being different than basically every president/candidate, would be the change that America needs.

Con responds by saying how Trump is simply a businessman, who grew off of other's fortunes, and not a very good one at that. He doesn't really address much of anything Pro originally presented, other than the "businessman" aspect.

Pro comes back with showing how although Trump did inherit money, he quickly turned it into more than 50 times what he originally had. Pro also brings up ISIS again, showing again how the current approach isn't working, and Trump would be more ruthless to get rid of them. Pro then counters Con's argument about Trump being sexist, by showing how Trump hires more female executives than males. They also explain how disliking illegal immigration is not racism, which makes sense. Pro finishes with saying how America is $19trillion in debt, and we need someone like Trump to start cutting that down.

I'll get to Con's final argument and my conclusion in the next comment.
Posted by Dr.1up 11 months ago
Ben Carson has past Trump in the recent polls. Also, I happen to vote Republican.
Look at the "Votes" section. Our voters said that they agreed with YOU before the debate. After reading my arguments, they voted in my favor.

I'm winning the debate because I presented a better case than you did. It's that simple.
Posted by cantstumpthetrump 11 months ago
I forgot that is filled with a bunch of liberals that'd rather be lied to their entire life. This debate should be mine easy but this is such an anti-Trump website enjoy your scammed win there buddy. You know you really lost though. Trumps polls also don't lie!
Posted by Peepette 11 months ago
Pros arguments were general in nature, whereas Con developed a clear argument providing detail, quotes and book reference. Pro undermined Cons stance on the topic"s sexism, racism and business acumen. Cons referenced article on immigration has no organizational affiliation markers in which to establish credibility of statements made
Posted by Dr.1up 11 months ago
... ;-)
We need strong tone, people don't respect that weak passive stuff. Look at how Obama did with it. Stop lying to yourself. Can someone get my opponent some water by the way. He threw a stone and I dropped a BOMB.
Posted by IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney 11 months ago
Blame the 2008 house market crash for you guys still being in debt. As for Trump. When the president meets with lets say Kim Jong Un to discuss peace or whatever. We need a president who can keep his mouth shut and not run it off and say whatever the hell he wants like Trump would.
Vote Placed by Mister_Man 11 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.