SlowDMO
simtuzi

Truth is OBJECTIVE

simtuzi has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

SlowDMO

Pro

It seems to me, that in this dysphoric democracy, (officially a republic), what had always been "up" is now "down" and visa versa. If you think society/the global collective has made 1 inch of progress in the last 100 years, this is your debate... Make the case for moral subjectivity or progressivism. (Which I think are basically interchangeable.)
simtuzi

Con

Well I argue that society as whole is progressed atleast 1 inch from the year 1917.

My first point would be internet. We can converse stuff like this, which would be otherwise extremely hard as I probably don't live anywhere near where you are or the readers of this post are. So for having an some form of conversation is atleast a step on road of progression.

I could point many ways how technology has helped to reduce mortality (accessibility of good drinking water, healthcare treatments like penicillin, and so forth) but you must have some spesific intentions on your mind to start debate like this, don't you?

Well how about world literature rate? better than ever! also we have an better access to that literature. How about great scientist like Einstein?

I'm not arguing that world is better from the dawn of time, but from the year 1917. Which was time of terrible world war just as in the same time the spanish flu was raving.

On politics and humanity I'm agreeing that we are not that different maybe even some setbacks happened! But with great inventions like electric drill, internet and so forth the whole humanity is progressed from the year 1917 that 1 inch.

So basically what I'm saying that changes for dying horrible death in war or plague is plundered. Also Infant deaths are going down so there is higher change to be born too.

but tell me what you have in mind,

regards challenger.
SlowDMO

Pro

Well... Perhaps we don't disagree as much as I'd hoped my challenger would... The topic is hopefully the subjectivity vs. objectivity of truth, in which case, you would argue subjective. However I would also willingly argue against the progressive philosophy. Your thinking society's technological advancements have not just made us more stupid and slothful than we otherwise would be, but have increased our quality of life by at least one inch, only qualifies you to be the challenger.
Posted by Simple_Logic 7 months ago
Simple_Logic
The only truth is logic