hosslay
Sojourner

Truth

hosslay

Pro

Everyone thinks that there religion is correct. There are many diff. ones out there. I would like to debate what is the closest religion to the truth. This debate will be based on the KJV bible (the true biblical words of god) There are other faiths that take parts out of the bible and make there own but this is not a bible debate. (yet) so if you do not use the KJV please do not debate. You can use the first round for debate. ill tell you what believe real quick and my challenger can take it from there. I am pentecost, I belive in speaking in toungs, jesus name babtism, the holy ghost, oneness. and what the bible teaches
Sojourner

Con

I have no illusions that this will be a tough debate. I am a Roman Catholic and I will argue that my religion embodies the fullness of revealed truth.
hosslay

Pro

I will start out very simple. I would like for you to explain to me your beliefs. I am really interested in tbe ones that I can not find in the bible.
1. Your dedication or worship of marry.
2. Confesing your sins to another man.
3. sprinkling of water for babtism.
4. Your understanding of communion.

I understand were you may get some of your beliefs, like the confesing of sins to another man, but from what I have read it just seems like you dont get the points of sin towards man and towards god.

Thank you and I am looking forward to your answers.
Sojourner

Con

Sojourner forfeited this round.
hosslay

Pro

I believe in the holy ghost through speaking in tounges, God and Jesus being one and the same, Jesus name baptism ( fully submerged)

1. Receiving the holy ghost by speaking in tounges: Acts 2:1 The first recording of tounges.
2. God and Jesus being the same: Matt 1:23, Isaiah 9:6 Isaiah 43:10-11, Revelation 1:17-18 and 2:8, Isaiah 44:6 (God is the redeemer), 2 Peter 1:1 (Jesus is the redeemer) and lots more.
3. Jesus name baptism: not Father Son and Holy Ghost. In the NAME of the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, Matt 28:19 and what is that name? JESUS Acts 2:38.
Sojourner

Con

Sojourner forfeited this round.
hosslay

Pro

hosslay forfeited this round.
Sojourner

Con

Sojourner forfeited this round.
hosslay

Pro

hosslay forfeited this round.
Sojourner

Con

Sojourner forfeited this round.
Posted by Sojourner 4 years ago
Sojourner
I am completely embarrassed. No excuse, really. I just lost sight of the debate. Please extend your comments, and I'll respond in the next round.
Posted by hosslay 4 years ago
hosslay
Its cool. I will post my veiws and you can pick up there.
Posted by Sojourner 4 years ago
Sojourner
Hosslay: My sincere apolgies for missing the posting deadline. I had an unavoidable issue arise. I'll pick it up again in subsequent rounds.
Posted by hosslay 4 years ago
hosslay
Ill do my best lets go
Posted by eastcoastsamuel 4 years ago
eastcoastsamuel
Are you willing to debate atheists?
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
By sticking with the bible, you are arguing about branches of a religion, not which religion is best. *facepalm*
Posted by hosslay 4 years ago
hosslay
I really dont want to chang it but ill do this. If anyone reads this comment I do not want to debate what bible is correct but rather what religion is closest to the truth. i think pentecost is the correct religion or at least the closest to what the bible teaches if you dissagree lets debate.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
You can leave your stipulation of which bible is to be used for the debate in place, and still challenge other Christians to debate their denomination as best. If you are willing to assume an increased BoP you could outright change the question to "Pentecost is the best branch of Christianity."

Regardless: Failing to change the question from which religion is best, to which denomination of a certain religion is best, could result in the Flying Spaghetti Monster being brought in; and you really don't want to lose a debate to the FSM.
Posted by hosslay 4 years ago
hosslay
I cant do that. if i do i will get in to debating diff. bibles. And yes god in way did write the bible. it says that it is the inspired word of god.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
This debate needs to be renamed. By stating con must use the KJV bible, you are limiting the argument to branches within the religion of Christianity. Perhaps "Which Christians follow the bible most closely?" or "Which denomination of Christianity is best?" The first is less subjective, but the second may be more relevant depending on your perspective.

Also as a Christian I'd like to point out that Christians in general do not believe God sat down and wrote the bible. If such were the case, there would only be a single edition of it.