Keithlamottejr
IceClimbers

Tupac is overrated as both a rapper and role model.

Started: 1/20/2015 Category: Music

Keithlamottejr

Pro

Tupac Shakur is considered by many one of the best rappers of all time but I disagree. I don't see the appeal in his style and think his untimely death has catapulted him amongst the all time great rather then his actual ability.
IceClimbers

Con

accepted, Just because you do not like him doesn't make him overrated...
now present evidence next round
Keithlamottejr

Pro

Before I get started I would like to say I like Tupac but prefer to accept him for what he it. A decent rapper who could make one or two good tracks but overall just okay. But time and time again Tupac is used as the measuring stick for others rappers who are far better then him.

People say Pac was good because he rapped about social issues in the hood and was also mainstream at the same time. But how do you speak on social issues but also feed into them at the same time. It's like Pac lived in alternative universe were he was right even when he was wrong. As time goes on people need to recognize Pac for what he was a decent rapper who would rap about anything to sell an album.

How can you be a conscious rapper who on one you're downgrading women and the next you making odes to them and saying how you will be there for them. How you make a song against youngsters not being thugs but then take on a thug persona to sell records. How you preach about blacks not killing one another but then make countless songs about killing blacks.

I use guys like Lupe, Lamar, and KRIT because they're much better rappers and as they grew as rapper didn't have to resort to the lowest common denominator to make good music, yet they still ranked under Pac because people just don't want to let go of this lie. Pac was no revolutionary, his whole rap career was just an act . Pac was more concerned with making a dollar than he was with bringing blacks up. Just go and listen to his singles post 2Pacalypse.
IceClimbers

Con

IceClimbers forfeited this round.
Keithlamottejr

Pro

Keithlamottejr forfeited this round.
IceClimbers

Con

IceClimbers forfeited this round.
Posted by CooCooClockofDoom 2 years ago
CooCooClockofDoom
Tupac is not dead