PonticGreekMacedonian
Scots_167

Turkey built their country with blood and murder!

PonticGreekMacedonian

Pro

First off I am gonna say good luck to the person who chooses to be Con! I am Greek and my ancestors were victims of the Turks who burnt their Homes and Churches and killed their families! I am also obsessed with history so I know about the Turks in some degree! Also Turks committed a genocide against my ancestors and they deny the term Genocide when it was obvious that it was a Genocide, also they also committed a genocide against the Armenians and Assyrians!
Scots_167

Con

I accept this challenge, but let me clarify for my opponent he means the Ottoman Empire was built on blood and murder, not Turkey!

Now I shall of coarse be arguing Con against, and say good luck to my opponent.
PonticGreekMacedonian

Pro

Firstly let me just say that I agree that the Ottoman Empire was responsible for those things but also there were genocides that the modern Turks committed! The Pontic Greek, Armenian and Assyrian Genocides! They all committed by the modern Turks! The Pontic Greek Genocide was a genocide committed against the Pontic Greeks who were living in a Greek country known as Pontos, one day the Turks signed an alliance with Nazi Germany and then they attacked Pontos killing people in cold blood, killing children, death marches, etc. The reason why they committed this was "They are Greeks and there are no Greeks in the New Turkey" which is a bit of a racist and vicious reason and also because they were Orthodox Christians and the Turks are Muslims so they did that out of hate for the Christian religions and because they were Greeks.

These days the Turks deny these genocides happen and yet there is proof everywhere, in many different countries they host remembrance days for these genocides!
Scots_167

Con

Pass No Time.
PonticGreekMacedonian

Pro

Understood!
Scots_167

Con

Pass, I forfiet this debate, but this summer I would be willing to try again. I just don't have time since Finals are next week.
PonticGreekMacedonian

Pro

I understand you! I'm looking forward to debating with you again!
Scots_167

Con

Scots_167 forfeited this round.
Posted by SkyLeach 1 year ago
SkyLeach
America: native americans and slaves
United Kingdom/British Empire: most other countries as well as their own citizens
Germany, France and Spain: the blood of greeks and romans

Nationalism has always been cohesion around a social group. With very very rare exceptions, this cohesion came at the threat of death. Either identify with the more violent and organized group, or become their victims. Even Buddhist monks have had sects that chose to be violent, although it was against Muslims so it may be a 'kill or be killed' dynamic.

I think anyone could successfully argue that any nation was born in murder and mayhem. :shrug:
Posted by PonticGreekMacedonian 1 year ago
PonticGreekMacedonian
With Turkey though, ever since they were building their nation it was all genocide this and genocide that but they also deny these genocides even though there's a lot of proof!
Posted by TheDom275 1 year ago
TheDom275
Most countries were built on blood and murder, not just Turkey.