DrClutchMcSwagDaddy
distraff

Twenty One Pilots = Twenty One Profligates

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Started: 12/1/2016 Category: Music
Updated: 3 days ago Status: Voting Period

DrClutchMcSwagDaddy

Pro

I will prove that Twenty One Pilots are:

Followers of satan

Rapists

Deceitful haters of mankind and their listener base
Anti-Christian liars

Damned to hell for eternity

Personally if I ever find any of their music in my house I am breaking the CD and throwing it in the trash, and if I find it on my son's phone or laptop I am taking both away from him until he proves to me he can be trusted. Twenty One Pilots are hellbound sinners and ought to be immediately banned!

What follows are some "lyrics" to their "music"

Quote:
All my friends are heathens, take it slow

Here, the band is openly stating that everyone they consider friendly is in league with satan and deserves to go to Hell for eternity. They also suggest taking "it" slow, and by "it" I assume they mean the only thing worth anything in this world, the struggle to fully grasp GOD'S truth. They're telling the listener to take GOD slowly, to forget GOD'S word by taking it piecemeal and to become a cafeteria Christian.

Quote:
Wait for them to ask you who you know

This is saying that in order for the listener to be safe, they must either "know" someone in the sense of sodomizing them, or else they must have esoteric knowledge of the devil. They certainly can't be talking about knowing all about GOD or else they wouldn't be heathens, so we can safely assume that this is basically attempting to persuade the listener into committing rape or devil worship. Still think "Twenty One Rapists" are cool, kids?

Quote:
Please don't make any sudden moves

We know that GOD'S judgment is 'sudden,' as evidenced by Psalm 64:7, Proverbs 6:15, Isaiah 29:5, Ecclesiastes 9:12, Acts 9:3, etc. We know that GOD moves swiftly and suddenly when HE chooses to. This is what they are referencing by "sudden moves," they are asking GOD not to intervene in their wickedness. Too bad, so sad! Cry me a river of sinful crocodile tears, Twenty One Pi-liars!

Quote:
You don't know the half of the abuse

Who is the principal abuser in this world? Satan, of course! We already know that Twenty One Pontius Pilates are sinful and in league with the devil himself, and the lyrics are clear, so we know hat they are at least somewhat aware of what they are doing, leading others to hell. Misery does love company, after all. The abuse they are talking about is the abuse of hell; their listeners do not know the half of the abuse they will suffer in their eternal torment and torture for rejecting GOD. This is where they go from stating that they are devil worshipers to outright mockery of their listening base.

After doing just a bit more research into them, I discovered another one of their songs, "Ride," which managed to disgust me even more. Read on at your peril...

Quote:
Yeah, I think about the end just way too much/But it's fun to fantasize/On my enemies who wouldn't wish who I was/But it's fun to fantasize

Here the author is saying he thinks about death, dying, killing, murder, etc far too often, and fantasizes about death and killing his enemies (Christians). Odd, since if he meant that, he would think about the afterlife and where he wants to spend eternity. Seems he made the stupid choice!

Quote:
Oh, oh, I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride

The author is falling into hell, so he is taking his time getting there through his life, since even he does not want to end up in hell, even as he brings others with him to it.

Quote:
We have a list of people that we would take/A bullet for them, a bullet for you/A bullet for everybody in this room

The band members of Twenty Wicked Pilots don't believe that JESUS died for them (HE did! Well, HE died for HIS chosen, perhaps not for these clowns), and furthermore, they not only have a list of enemies (no doubt Christians), but they are at all times equipped to massacre everyone in the room. While I am of course a fan of always being armed and I support their right to self-defense, this is what is known as "premeditated murder," and in this case, outright terrorism. I would support arresting Twenty One Pilots for planning a mass shooting.

Quote:
"I'd live for you," and that's hard to do/Even harder to say when you know it's not true

Twenty One Harlots are admitting that they are liars who only pretend to honor the dead or the fallen and will disrespect the troops. Many survivors of hard conflicts experience "survivor's guilt," well it looks like in this case Twenty One Pilots have "survivor's gluttony!"

Quote:
I've been thinking too much/(help me)

Only GOD can help you now, boys.
distraff

Con

"All my friends are heathens"

A heathen is someone who doesn't belong to a Judeo-Christian religion and isn't necessarily a Satanist. In context of this song it could mean that they aren't necessarily mainstream, and the song goes on to say how their friends tend to be unfriendly, suspicious of strangers their friends are which aren't necessarily traits of pagans, and more like traits of a tough crowd of friends. The use the word "heathen" maybe denotes someone who isn't good or nice or "Christian" as this and breaks the common Christian rules and is a negative word toward non-believers.

"take it slow"

Pro just assumed this means take God slow. In the context of the song it means that since their friends are very unfriendly you shouldn't rush into knowing them as it takes them time to get used to strangers.

"Wait for them to ask you who you know"

Pro assumes that they are asking who you have raped to be accepted by them. "Know" is a common word used for sex in the bible but isn't necessarily used for rape, but this word isn't used for sex in today's society. In context of the song it means that they are asking who in their group you know to see if you are an outsider or an insider because they are so unfriendly.

"Please don't make any sudden moves"

Pro thinks that since "sudden" is used and a verse in the bible uses the same word, and the verse talks about God's sudden judgement, this really means they want God not to do his sudden judgement. This assumption is unsubstantiated, and it is more likely that since their friends are unfriendly and suspicious, you don't want to do anything that will startle them and anger them.

"You don't know the half of the abuse"

Pro thinks this means they are telling their listeners they don't know how much pain they will get in hell and are mocking their fans. Again hell isn't the only abuse out there, and in context of this song it can mean that their unfriendly friends have been abused in the past which is why they are so messed up and unfriendly. This is a more direct interpretation of the song.

The Song "Ride":

"Yeah, I think about the end just way too much/But it's fun to fantasize/"

This just means he is thinking about death, and he likes to think about it, not that he wants to commit suicide. He later goes on to question if he would die for someone else, and how he wants to take his time on his ride, which is life, so he really does want to live as long as possible and live for himself.

Seriously, see the full lyrics for yourself:
http://www.azlyrics.com...

"On my enemies who wouldn't wish who I was/But it's fun to fantasize"

No, this verse only says he is thinking about his enemies who don't like who he is. It never says he wants them dead. Also pro is assuming they mean Christians as the enemies when it is clear he means people who dislike who he is.

"Oh, oh, I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride"

This comes right after he says that it is too hard to die for someone.
See the following:
I'd die for you," that's easy to say ... But literally, I don't know what I'd do ... "I'd live for you," and that's hard to do

When he says he is taking his time on the ride it means he is taking his time on the ride of life and doesn't want to die, and doesn't want to live for himself and not others. He says he is falling and that he is thinking too much, and needs help but that is a reference to how depressing and self-questioning this line of thought really is.

"We have a list of people that we would take/A bullet for them, a bullet for you/A bullet for everybody in this room"

Pro thinks this means Jesus didn't die for anybody, and they want to kill everyone in the room and there is nothing here that says this. When it really means from just reading that people claim that they will take a bullet for someone, as a self-sacrifice, and even die for strangers in the room. It later goes on to say that he doesn't see many bullets flying which makes these claims meaningless, and just because they say they will metaphorically doesn't mean they will do it literally.

See here:
But I don't seem to see many bullets coming through
See many bullets coming through
Metaphorically, I'm the man
But literally, I don't know what I'd do

""I'd live for you," and that's hard to do/Even harder to say when you know it's not true"

Pro thinks this means that they don't honor the fallen soldiers although neither are even mentioned. This part doesn't even mention death. It just says it is much harder to actually live for someone than to just say it. Just think of how couples will divorce or dislike each over when they promised so much on wedding day.

Both Josh Dun and Tyler Joseph the leaders of the band are Christian and were raised in Christian households. Josh's father is a principal of at Christian school.

These arguments seem a bit schizophrenic to me as completely made-up meaning are being made from songs that have very clear normal meanings.
Posted by boozeandbabble 6 hours ago
boozeandbabble
I love debate.org. Was this debate a parody of religious extremism? If so, brilliant!
I laughed till it hurt.😀
Posted by whiteflame 1 day ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: WorstLife// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: I have seen the light, I will never listen to twenty one pilots ever again.

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD. The voter is required to provide specific feedback on the arguments given. Merely stating that the voter has had his views changed does not explain the decision, nor does it explain any of the other point allocations.
************************************************************************
Posted by Iacov 3 days ago
Iacov
I'm a heathen! :) well Asatru Pagan more specifically. Now I don't worship the Christian devil let alone believe him. So I mean hey you can hate me all you want just be sure to call me by the correct insult.
Vote Placed by TheLight954 2 days ago
TheLight954
DrClutchMcSwagDaddydistraffTied
Reasons for voting decision: The instigator posted BS that he had no evidence of, that involved Satanic salvation, etc.
Vote Placed by Kove_Ducote 2 days ago
Kove_Ducote
DrClutchMcSwagDaddydistraffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was based on assumptions alone - Con provided literal lyric interpretation.