Dunnuck
MewxVenus

Twilight (Movies and Books)

Dunnuck

Con

With a completely unnecessary amount of success with very little actual goodness in both the movies and the books, I think that this debate is quite logical. Can any Twihards accurately defend this series?
MewxVenus

Pro

I will wait for the Con to give a more clear definition of the actual topic being debated here before giving my arguments, as the debate has been left wide open with little to no explanation. I would feel highly unethical debating defining my terms in a way that undermines the challenger's purpose for this debate.
Dunnuck

Con

Dunnuck forfeited this round.
MewxVenus

Pro

MewxVenus forfeited this round.
Dunnuck

Con

Dunnuck forfeited this round.
MewxVenus

Pro

Well, this has been an uneventful debate. I suppose I will post my reasons for accepting this debate in a stance supporting Twilight.

1. It gets teen girls to READ something with actual substance. The plot leaves much to be desired, but the language of it is certainly much more sophisticated than what you'd find in Seventeen Magazine.
2. It shows girls that every action has a consequence. Yes ladies, sex DOES in fact make babies which CAN ruin/end your life.
3. You don't make books into motion pictures for nothing.

So, while those may not be enough to make you a Twilight fan (I'm not even a fan), it does highlight some "goodness" the opponent claimed the novels to be lacking. Even though I don't like the stories, I still read the books for the poetic voice Meyer presents.

That's about it. Vote Mew.