gardellamsc2014
kaplanmsc14

Twilight is better than Hunger Games

Started: 11/7/2013 Category: Movies

gardellamsc2014

Pro

I think that Twilight is a better than the Hunger Games because it lets you enter an imaginary world of vampires and step out of the real world for a little while. Bella being human is a very relatable character as she goes through emotions of love, happiness, depression, and unfamiliarity. there is an ongoing love triangle and action in the volturi that leaves you in the edge of your seat.
kaplanmsc14

Con

I believe that the Hunger Games are better than Twilight because there is a lot of unnecessary drama in Twilight that revolves around Bella's inability to make decisions, whereas in the Hunger Games, the drama is actually suspenseful and entertaining to watch. In the Hunger Games, we are forced to question the society we live in and judge how we're engaging with the media and celebrities. In Twilight, all it encourages girls to do is give up everything to be with their high school boyfriend.
gardellamsc2014

Pro

Bella wanted to be immortal and Edward wouldn't allow it. She had to fight with the person she loved to get what she wanted. Not only did she fight for herself but for her child. She would rather die herself than let Dr. Cullen take kill the baby inside her. You can relate this to today's society dealing with abortions. In the end the woman has the choice and Bella choices the right choice, the harder one. Bella is someone girls can relate to. Katniss teaches girls to be strong but she also harms people with words and actions, for example how she kills someone with wasps or her anger throughout the movie. While HG has a strong woman, Twilight has much stronger men. They fight for Bella instead of just waiting for her to decide. Edward protects Bella throughout he whole series while Peeta needs protection. Katniss nurses him back to health in the first book's game and she stands by him when he tricked into hating her in the last book. Men are supposed to be protective to the girl they love, not needy.
kaplanmsc14

Con

Katniss and Bella are completely opposite characters personality wise. Katniss doesn't need to be protected as much as Bella does because Katniss is independent and strong. Bella is more needy, although she does act strong in certain situations, such as the pregnancy. Peeta and Katniss both protect each other throughout the Hunger Games, and violence is a part of the game. Katniss and Peeta do not want to harm people, but they also do not want each other to get hurt. Some of their actions are necessary in protecting one another. In Twilight, Bella is pretty much defined by the two men in her life, Jacob and Edward. Both of these guys act out in childish ways to try and win her heart. In the Hunger Games, although there is a love triangle, the primary focus is not on it. I believe that Katniss is a better role model than Bella is. When Katniss' father died, she did what she had to do to feed her family even if it put her own life at risk by breaking the law. She kept the family together, took care of her little sister, and stayed strong while her mother was a wreck. Bella is not as good of a role model because she whines her way through high school and goes back and forth between two boys. Katniss knows what she wants and she does everything she can to get it, whereas Bella is very indecisive and needs the approval and help of at least one of the guys in her life.
gardellamsc2014

Pro

gardellamsc2014 forfeited this round.
kaplanmsc14

Con

gardellamsc2014

Pro

I think I have proved my point about how Bella is a character we can relate to and also a role model (at times). No one is a role model all the time. Bella's indecisive and weak personality is very humanistic and the point is that she over comes it in breaking dawn and she becomes who she wants to be and equal to Edward (men and women equal). Moving to another point, Twilight has hotter guys, Edward and Jacob.
kaplanmsc14

Con

Personally, I think the guys in the Hunger Games are more attractive. I think that their personalities and looks combined are much better than the two guys in Twilight, because they are more mature.
gardellamsc2014

Pro

EDWARD IS 107 YEARS OLD!!!! He is obviously more mature than Peeta that needs to be fed soup when he is hurt. In conclusion, Twilight is better than The Hunger Games because Bella is both a role model and someone to relate to. She stands up for herself for being be a human with faults. She over comes everything that is thrown at her.Even though sometimes she cant make decisions she eventually comes to an answer. She stand up for the people she loves when the Vulitori attacks and when her own husband wants to abort her child. She ends up with everything she wanted because she worked and fought for it. She goes through rough patches with friends and she learns to salvage all her relationships. The plot of twilight is better because the whole series isn't about one thing like hunger games (the games). Twilight has so many characters that makes the whole plot interesting. Jacob and Edward care about Bella and that is why they fight for her. it just proves their love. Peeta and Gale just sit back and wait for Katniss to make a decision. Twilight has very different well rounded characters that make us the story and a plot the never gets boring or strays from a meaning of our reality without vampires and ware wolfs.
kaplanmsc14

Con

Age is just a number, it doesn't necessarily reflect a person's measure of maturity. The fact that Peeta was injured and needed help eating, has nothing to do with his maturity level. Regardless, I believe that the Hunger Games are much more entertaining than Twilight. The story behind the Hunger Games has many different aspects to it, it's not just about one thing, and it draws fans from all age groups. It includes something for everyone, ranging from friendship, family loyalty, politics, action, and sacrifice, to love. According to a survey, (Hollywood Lifers), the majority of Twilight fans are only made up of two types of people. One being, the nerdy girl who thinks that the school hunk ignores her because he's secretly in love with her, and two, her mother, who is saddened by the lack of passion in her marriage, so she writes an amorous fan fiction revolving around Edward and Bella. Katniss is a great role model for girls of all ages because she is brave, strong, passionate, and loyal. She is definitely a relatable character who grows through trial and error, just like we do in reality. The Hunger Games include concrete characters that make you feel what they are feeling. The importance of how we live in society, and how we deal and engage with the media and celebrities, is a major theme throughout all of the Hunger Games books. Katniss becomes the symbol of an entire revolution in her district, and in all of the districts, because of her courageous personality and her willingness to do whatever it takes to protect the people that she loves.
Posted by AizenKnaik 3 years ago
AizenKnaik
Hunger Games and Twilight are both good books and movies in their own ways. But I think I would go with the former. Hunger Games is really a different story. And what I like about it is the fact that I become inspired with Katniss Everdeen's chutzpah and bravery. On the other hand, Twilight is a little bit boring because the story revolves around Bella and Edward only. It would have been better and more interesting if Stephenie Meyer had actually focused the story on other thing apart from Bella and Edward's love story. And also, what's amazing about the Twilight saga is the diversity of stories in it. There are a lot of interesting stories that could be made and would be more interesting. For example is the Volturi coven. That would definitely be loved by people. So therefore, again, I'm with the Hunger Games in terms of impact it gives me. But generally, it's really difficult to choose as I both love them.
Posted by itsyourchoice 3 years ago
itsyourchoice
NO NO NO! What is wrong with the world! Can you just think about this. Hunger Games is soooooo much better than Twilight! Twilight is just a load of sparkly people running around and making a drama!
Posted by itzia_velarde 3 years ago
itzia_velarde
I think the movies of Hunger games are better than the ones of twilight because the effect are more real.
The climax is really interesting and it envolves feelings like love, friendship, sacrifice, fame, etc.
Twilight is difficult to understand.
Posted by Duncanmsc2014 3 years ago
Duncanmsc2014
I believe that the Hunger Games are better because it has a much more interesting plot, better actors, and stronger characters. Although, I do believe that the pro side makes some good points.
Posted by swiszczmsc2014 3 years ago
swiszczmsc2014
I personally am a bigger fan of the Hunger Games because I find the plot to be more interesting and suspenseful. Both the books and the movies were equally incredible, whereas the movies for the Twilight series were somewhat disappointing compared to the books.
Posted by ABlack88 3 years ago
ABlack88
Pink penguins what's with them? But Hunger Games seems like it'd be more entertaining to me even though I know nothing about either, plus Jennifer Lawrence.... nnnnnff.
Posted by jmarciniak 3 years ago
jmarciniak
I side with Sarah because personally, I like Twilight better than the Hunger Games.
Posted by Bissonnettemsc2014 3 years ago
Bissonnettemsc2014
I believe that Hunger Games is better than Twilight because the whole vampire thing had already been used before. Also, book wise the Hunger Games was a much better read and a "can't put the book down read" and had a better story line and did something never seen before!
Posted by MartinMSC2014 3 years ago
MartinMSC2014
Personally I feel they both suck. Hunger games was better sorta but they really are just a waste of time. So if I choose one its that, though yeah........ew
Posted by deermsc2014 3 years ago
deermsc2014
Personally i do not like Twilight at all. Hunger Games has much more suspense, has a better love story, and the guys are much more attractive. Hunger Games teaches girls to be independent and to take care of the ones they love when they need help. Peeta is not immature because he is injured, it was just a result of the cruel, horrible games. In the book, it is stated many times that Peeta can move an entire audience with just his words, which also shows a level of maturity. And Gale does not sit back and wait for her to decide... she is away at the Capitol or on the victory tour or in the games for the second time so he does not have the chance to show his love for her. Before she leaves for the victory tour, he kisses her and shows his love for her. Hunger Games is much better than Twilight.