CJW2209
TheBathead

UKIP is a better party and voting option than the other parties.

CJW2209

Pro

I want a debate to hear others opinions on UKIP and their policies.
TheBathead

Con

I think UKIP's policy of removing UK from the European Union and other side ones such as cutting taxes and spending, opposing the Human Rights commission, attacking immigration, opposing same-sex marriage, climate change denial, and increased defense spending are dangerously reminiscent of the Republican Party's hard-line leadership here in the US, which has not worked out well for us and should not be allowed to spread. Since Pro has given no arguments in the opening round, I will wait to explain why till next round.
CJW2209

Pro

CJW2209 forfeited this round.
TheBathead

Con

Huh. You decided not to give your opinion. In that case, debate format may not have been the best choice for that. (Frankly, this site offers no good way to talk about that outside the forums. I was on a debate website years ago that let you do that, but this site is better in many more ways.) Beforehand, since you picked Pro, I thought you would be the one of those "grass is greener" types (honestly, I'm not so different). But enough talk, on to my own reasoning.

Yes, Europe has its own problems (Muslim cultural exchange, national divisions, overcrowding). But many of those are either shared with the US or much older than Europe's current progressive culture (which mostly only dates back to WW2, and that only west of the Iron Curtain; it came 45 years later to the east side). In Europe, although more people are unemployed and the rest are saddled with high taxes, fewer are poor and the overall population has universal guarantees like free universal health and child care, more pensions, vacations and health leave, free or cheap higher education, affordable housing and clean parks. US had much of that in the 1950s and 60s, but that went away with Richard Nixon and completely died with George Bush Jr. and the Tea Party. Yes, the *average* income is higher here, but here's a joke: Bill Gates walks into a bar. The average income of the bar patrons increases by about a billion dollars. In other words, only a few people enjoy most of American income, and income enjoyment isn't linear. And the idea that it trickles down is an undead horse. There are some European cultural standards like the right to be forgotten that any American would probably object to, but those are reasonable for there. Europe's conservative parties would be considered moderate here, and our Democratic Party would be considered moderate there. The Republican Party used to be a decent party, but Richard Nixon ruined Americans' chances of free universal standards of living. I think that everyone has a right to a job, but they don't have a right to all they can get out of it, nor a mandate to work in order to eat. That's one side of UKIP policy.

The other... I have some bad news. The EU is restructuring internally, and Scotland is voting on independence (they're more favorable to the EU than England or Wales), which would make it much harder for England (and Wales if they don't follow Scotland first) to leave.
CJW2209

Pro

CJW2209 forfeited this round.
TheBathead

Con

TheBathead forfeited this round.