UKIP is a racist party.

I believe that the United Kingdom Independence Party is predominantly racist. Members of UKIP have demonstrated their ignorance countless times. For example the term 'Bongo Bongo Land' used by Godfrey Bloom when he served UKIP. I understand that Nigel Farage and his supporters deny that UKIP is racist, perhaps one of you would like to put forward your argument.

I accept your challenge.

I wish my competitor the best of luck and in the arguments which follow, I will attempt to persuade you that UKIP is, on the whole, not a racist party.

Well, starting off with the leader of Ukip, Nigel Farage. In May he said in a BBC interview, "I was asked if a group of Romanian men moved in next to you, would you be concerned? And if you lived in London, I think you would be." This is debated whether this was racist among major UK political parties with Ed Milliband criticising the comment heavily saying "He is clearly a racist."
Earlier in Nigel's career, he said "We will never win the nigger vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us". Ever wondered why they won't vote for you? Maybe it's because of those sort of comments.
Of course, we can't forget the Ukip councillor who said that the reason why England has suffered floods was because of the gays and immigrants. The list goes on...

Thank you for your argument.

Due to the rather small character count, I have written by argument on another link:

I would firstly like to pint out that when talking about how evil Israel is, it is to shed light on the government, not the people. The government of Israel is evil because of the murder they are performing on Palestinians. It's true that all parties have racist members but Ukip, of course due to their far right wing policies, have managed to attract more. I could fill my word count with quotes so I will state them here:
As for policies on immigration, Ukip are out to see a dramatic fall in immigrants even if it's bad for the economy. Last year they proposed a ban on immigrants for five years! This would destroy the economy

I wish to thank my opponent for his arguments.

My opponent states UKIP is racist,he provides evidence in the form of comments made by other's. These comments, although controversial, are NOT racist but are sexist. He has said that all parties have racist member's, and agreed they do not reflect the view's of the party which he suggests by the thesis. He also makes the link of UKIP's immigration policy, which in addition to being NOT racist, but also fails to be factual as UKIP wish to ban immigrants to claiming benefits for 5 years, the Tories' want to make it 2.

I argue the manifesto is the best way of judging.

UKIP received 4m votes in the Euro-Elections - it is ridiculous to suggest all voters are racist.

Read Comments for more.
Posted by LordKavstar 1 year ago
I am very anti-Zionist. I do believe that the Israeli government could have handled operations far better and avoid such high civilian death tolls, such as operation Protective Edge which saw UN schools bombed using high-precision missiles and the deliberate neutralising of civilian targets. This is why Israel is hated so much. 2000 dead. In a month.
Evil, pure evil.
Posted by David2000 1 year ago
Seeing as you know so much on the subject off Israeli- Palestinain conflict( sarcasm). You should be aware that America is the country to blame for the situation of Israel. Israel was not a country until1945-1946 and the country was known as Palestine. The American government decided that Jewish people deserved a country that they could call "home". So, America took it upon themselves to give any land. Palestinain land inside of giving anyway their own land. It is very unfair how the world attacks Irsael for taken over a country that was never there's to capture. So in future if you decide to bring up Israel, please state the reasons why and how Israel has been forced into this conflict.
Posted by LordKavstar 1 year ago
So just because a few Israelites were stabbed is not an excuse to slaughter 2000 Palestinians in one month. And before that thousands more have been killed by the brutality if the Israeli military.
And western media (BBC News), the most popular in the U.K were actually said to be bias in Israel's favour as published in many reports. Israel has been cutting away Palestinian land for decades. The west support that which is why Obama signed a contract to send weapons and funds to Israel.
Posted by Emilrose 1 year ago
Israel murders Palestinians? I think you'll find that *all* conflict is caused by Israelis being killed. Continuous stabbings [such as when a synagogue was attacked a group of people were slaughtered] have been taking in place in Israel since last year, but naturally the western media rarely report that.
Posted by mbryan90 1 year ago
Yet they were less than 1000 off getting a Labour seat which was one of the most secure Labour seats? I myself, speak to people and debate with other's who are flirting with the idea of UKIP. Although in your constituency, you may feel it is a socialist area, the South do not agree.

The polls of YouGov which actually go out and ask people suggest that UKIP could get 50% of Labour's possible gains if not more. So, I think you'll find that is more than ten but in excess of 50.

I also find it rather offensive that you decide my age makes me too juvenile to understand politics. I consider it ageist, and would argue that I am more placed to know more about Politics - although that is a debate I would prefer we had on a private message.
Posted by LordKavstar 1 year ago
You really don't know what you are talking about. This was a protest vote. I know what I'm talking about for I vote. You are a 13 year old gathering information off the net and statistics. But when it comes to politics, it's more than just statistics. It is experiencing the country you live in, talking to people and finding out your own place in politics, not reading numbers off a screen.
Posted by mbryan90 1 year ago
Lord, as an English voter and through looking at their voters. They are more Tory. The majority are ex-Tories, who just left because they want to leave Europe. The majority are Thatcherites.

Bending the truth is not what debate is.
Posted by mbryan90 1 year ago
Out of the 35,000 who voted, 21,113 votes were to UKIP in Clacton, and in a former Labour safe seat, UKIP gained a majority of 3,000. UKIP missed by 900 votes to win in Middleton and Heywood - Labour's heartland. This is not just a protest vote.

UKIP's policy on immigration is like Australia's, which is arguably MORE left-wing.

And immigration is not racism.. You have not proved UKIP is racist, but you have proved they have eccentric views on immigration.
Posted by LordKavstar 1 year ago
And UKIP are considered a far right party. Wikipedia may disagree with that but I know they are closer to BNP than to conservatives, as an English voter.
Posted by LordKavstar 1 year ago
I haven't said that all voters are racist, they just attract the more right wing vote. The European voters no one cares about because ukip do it as a joke. Just you see this real elections in May, bet you Labours just going to scrape a win. Ukip will get perhaps 5 seats at most. That will reflect the true ukip voters. Ukip are vastly unpopular, they world knows that, it's just they are a party with different values so that's why they attract a few votes. Those different values aren't racist. So the voters aren't necessarily racist (as it is ridiculous to suggest that WHICH I DID NOT) but a most members are.
Vote Placed by gannon260 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: pro never proved that the UKIP party itself was racist, just provided evidence that one of the leading members was. con easily took out his argument.