Skeetleet1
safebug

UN-educational shows

safebug

Skeetleet1

Con

Their are too many stupid shows like,adventure time, or ,regular show. Shows like these are bad for the minds of children. Take ,dog with a blog, for example. In that show they show the parents as dumb and stupid. In ,Sander and Craig, they take random people and show kids that it is okay to purposely hurt others.
safebug

Pro

Dog with a blog has many good life lessons embedded in it. I actually used one of Stan's lessons in an essay that I wrote for school. But besides that, sometimes it's good to watch mindless shows such as Sam & Cat or Victorious just because they give us humor and a break from life. I personally hate Regular Show and Adventure Time and Gravity Falls because they are so EXTREMELY stupid. I think that shows can be stupid to some level, but not to such an extreme.
Skeetleet1

Con

Well, while that is correct the "humorous" shows are sometimes inappropriate and can give boys and girls the wrong idea leading to, what I call being a Psycho-path when they grow up. What if they continue to watch those types of shows as they grow up, then we would all be living in a world where UN-educational shows basically rule our minds. They would just be better off watching actual educational shows such as Full House, a show with a lesson every episode.
safebug

Pro

I'm not so sure we will be ruled by Psycho-path grown-ups, but Full House was a nice show. I do think that Adventure Time is inappropriate, but there are some shows that were brainless and harmless, like Victorious or iCarly. Sadly, these shows are starting to come to an end, and the ones that are replacing them have become increasingly more stupid.
Skeetleet1

Con

Yes, the ones replacing them are getting increasingly stupid. If that keeps happening though, a lot of people in the future will probably be stupid. What will that do to the jobs. More kids will be taught to take the easy way, Wawa and Mcdonald will be full of employees. We still could use more lawyers and people to be president, don`t we. We don`t want stupid lawyers and very un-intelligent presidents.
safebug

Pro

Well, in this day and age, it depends on if you have access to the internet or if you have cable. More and more people do though, so we can't depend on the fall back idea of having people who were un-exposed become our leaders. However, maybe the people do need the exposure of seeing lazy or stupid people on TV so that the people who are smart to their cores can realize that that is exactly what they don't want to be and become. They will go onto be the ones who are smart in every way (street smart and book smart) and those are the people who need to be and deserve to be our leaders.
Skeetleet1

Con

Yes I am one of those people that is street smart and book smart, but that is only because my parents were too, and so on and so forth. Although my friend`s parents let her watch dumb shows and look where that has gotten her. She wants to go to collage, but she can`t get excepted even into a community collage.
safebug

Pro

Give your friend me condolences. My parents did not let me watch that and I am in accelerated classes, yet I doubt that that is why. I have friends just as smart as me that love spongebob and adventure time. All they talk about are their shows however. That is when they start to sound dumb. My friends that watch Doctor who always sound smart. Then there are those of us who don't watch tv or they just watch brainless shows and we are more focused on our work because the shows don't require brain space.
Skeetleet1

Con

Your friends must not watch it as often as they can. Thankfully, your friends have not been sucked in to the mind of television and influenced by it, and you have also not been sucked in. I should know that when you are in love with a show you watch it as often as you can sometimes even if your parents won`t let you watch it when they are around so you back-stab them and disobey them so you can watch it.
safebug

Pro

Yes, that is all society has become; back-stabbing, disobeying, brainless children who will grow up to never have a life. Yet, on the topic of watching things behind parent's backs, YouTube is a source of the problem, too. It has become so easy to watch whatever you want on any device that people become distant from real solid people. YouTube could be seen as a way people express themselves,or it could be the source of first-world problems.
Posted by Amicus 3 years ago
Amicus
Adventure Time and Regular Show have lessons that are applicable to real life situations. The symbolism and themes are those that real people face in life.
Posted by Galahad 3 years ago
Galahad
Just a side note; neither Adventure Time nor Gravity Falls are "stupid" shows. Both of them are multi-faceted and deep, with adult humor laced throughout. The over-arching stories in both are top-notch and a pleasure to watch. You both need to sit down and give some of these shows a chance!
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Skeetleet1safebugTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was right in saying it's nice to sometimes not think too hard and just watch something you find entertaining. S/g to pro because of con's punctuation mistakes such as putting commas one character after the word at the end of that clause and "like,adventure".