Jacqueline123
Senatus

UN should repeal all economic sanctions on Iran

Senatus

Jacqueline123

Con

Senatus

Pro

I'll accept this debate. Since you did not specify that first round was for acceptance, I'll start.

Definitions:

UN - United Nations, group of nations that try to govern the world by intervening in conflicts and imposing sanctions on nations

Repeal - To remove, in this case to remove a law or sanction

Economic sanctions - Economic sanctions are domestic penalties applied by one country (or group of countries) on another country (or group of countries). Economic sanctions may include various forms of trade barriers and restrictions on financial transactions.[1]

Iran - Islamic republic in the Middle East that is generally hostile to the United States and is also generally considered a nuclear threat

Arguments:

Iran is a threat to our country. That is well known. If the UN doesn't do anything, then Iran will not get the message that we mean business. They are unstable and they have the power to get nuclear weapons. Countries like these need economic sanctions, or else they will continue to threaten us with the illusion of their own power. We need to strike back with these economic sanctions.

Why the UN? The US has intervened too many times in other country's conflicts. If we get the UN to back us, we have help. Iran doesn't just threaten us. They threaten the world. If the US was the only country to impose sanctions on Iran, we would be standing alone, and Iran wouldn't take us seriously.

I won't make two many arguments, since you made none. I await your response.

[1]https://en.wikipedia.org...
Jacqueline123

Con

Jacqueline123 forfeited this round.
Senatus

Pro

I feel that I cannot argue my case. I cannot argue that UN should repeal all economic sanctions on Iran. This was my mistake; I saw my opponents first argument, and thought it was an argument, not merely the title of the debate posted again. In my defense, this debate was not set up well. It has all of the default settings, and my opponent made one argument so far, which was not considered an argument. Con did not do anything in this argument. Therefore, I ask that voters do at least vote me up for conduct. I have managed to stay present through this poor quality debate, even after an embarrassing mistake. I apologize once again for my mistake.
Jacqueline123

Con

Jacqueline123 forfeited this round.
Senatus

Pro

I'll put it plain and simple: con forfeited. This is an auto-win for me, even after my concession. I hope that the voters can see past my original blunder to what has happened.
Posted by Senatus 3 years ago
Senatus
Well, I have to read this more carefully... I apparently just argued for my opponent. However, my opponent started the debate with my position. If @jacqueline123 actually wanted to support Pro, then I am okay with that. Other than that, don't start a debate by supporting your opponent.
Vote Placed by Josh_b 3 years ago
Josh_b
Jacqueline123SenatusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con FF's