TylerRutherford120
Jesenia07

US/Mexican Boarder must be closed

Jesenia07
Started: 10/23/2013 Category: Places-Travel

TylerRutherford120

Pro

The United States/Mexican boarder needs to be more secure. For the entire country of the United States, almost a third of our population are illegal immigrants. About 66% of all those immigrants are from mexico. The average american family actually funds these illegal immigrants. The state of California pays over 21 BILLION dollars (taxpayer money) to support these families. I really think that we need to start cracking down of these immigrants.
Jesenia07

Con

First, Let me tell you that both of my parents came here illegally and are now citizens of the United States of America, so I have first hand experience with this topic. Both of my parents work for the state. my mom has a college education. Let me reassure you, the USA border is very secure. 81 percent of the U.S.-Mexico border meets one of the top three levels of "operational control" by U.S. enforcement officials. Illegals come here for a better life. Facing death just to get a better life. They face so many difficulties coming here. You cannot imagine the conditions these people live in. Its sad. Most are uneducated and have very little money. Is it so bad wanting to live in better circumstances?
Where do you get your fruits and vegetables, most likely from the store. But how do they get from the fields to the store? Do you think they magically appear in the store? Most field labor is done by immigrants. In fact, most of all manual labor is done by illegal immigrants. $2.6 trillion"The amount of money that would evaporate from U.S. cumulative GDP over 10 years if all undocumented immigrants in the country were deported or "self-deport.

http://www.americanprogress.org...
TylerRutherford120

Pro

TylerRutherford120 forfeited this round.
Jesenia07

Con

... What is your argument?...
TylerRutherford120

Pro

Jesenia07

Con

Interesting
Posted by Input 3 years ago
Input
I am a first generation American from a father, who had a degree, who came to the US from Canada legally & I grew up in Southern California.
It has been difficult to find work, though I can find some work. I am competing with illegals for (labor) work and must speak Spanish in my own land in order to function.
Another problem: The US does not have an official language either. (check me if I'm wrong please)
A common language would, hopefully, bond people.
The current problem, I believe, is the volume and the refusal of documentation by the government.
The current system is broken.
Immigration is good for any country when it is controlled. Right now there are problems with assimilation for the new people because of the volume.
Many of these illegal alien issues can be cleared up by the government and business policies yet they are not.
There are those who have done all the paperwork processing, are in line and are applying for US citizenship the lawful way. Why does that allow illegals more "rights" to immigration? The US is a nation of laws & if the laws are not enforced we must change the government.
I am not mean-spirited and would like thoughtful replies.
Posted by Jesenia07 3 years ago
Jesenia07
You are a very ignorant person to think that Ilegal Immigrants have a lot of children because of their religion. That is sheer stupidity. Not all immigrants are Catholic. And Mexico does not have the same democratic government as here. It is very corrupted. if they tried to change Beautifl Mexico( It Is FYI) they would probably get killed. if you lived in a very dangerous and corrupted country, i bet you would want to move to to get a better life for yourself and your children.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
The only reason to come to the USA is the Catholic over-populating has made a perfectly lovely
place in to a pile of stupid.

Most problems that lead to immigration stem from over-population.

I am disgusted that NO ONE from south of the US border gives a goddam about
NOT HAVING SO MANY CHILDREN that you drive the whole place into
prevetable and uneducated poverty and that
ILLEGAL immigrants do not give a goddam about fixing
"Beautiful Mexico"
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
TylerRutherford120Jesenia07Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Ameliamk1 3 years ago
Ameliamk1
TylerRutherford120Jesenia07Tied