Harlan
righty10294

US has been propagandizing against Cuba and trying to overthrow Castro 4 sake of global captalism

Harlan

Pro

Hello, to who ever accepts this challenge...

For clarification, I am "pro", in the sense that I believe it is true, not because I agree with the possible necessity of it. If someone accepts this debate on the term of the "con" side agreeing on the existence of thus and arguing that thus is necessary, I shall adjust accordingly, and hopefully the voters will vote based on thus. I will argue that not only has the US been propagandizing against Cuba and trying to overthrow Fidel Castro, but that it is a bad thing to do.

Before I go into details of any sort, I will summarize the reality of what has been going on for quite sometime:

The capitalist schizophrenic entities, that we know as corporations, in the United States, were making vast amounts of money from cash-crops (namely sugar) grown in Cuba. After the Cuban revolution, Fidel Castro was in charge. Castro, being a communist, made reforms pertaining to agriculture. This caused these corporations to lose some money, inevitably. The US, suddenly treats Cuba as a hostile enemy, simply because the communist lifestyle did not fit perfectly with US corporations progression in wealth. Resulting from this, the US has been plotting and attempting to overthrow Castro, so they can continue to utilize this money-making resource. For a long time the image of Fidel Castro being an insane power hungry tyrant has been spread. This image is simply untrue.

If you deny that the US is trying to overthrow Castro, take a look at the Bay of Pigs, in which the US actually invaded Cuba. The main purpose of this invasion was actually to provoke the US citizens into wanting to overthrow Cuba. The invasion was ran by CIA-trained, US backed, Cuban exiles. These exiles were those who themselves lost much from the agrarian reform (owning sugar plantations and what not), exposing that the whole thing was just for the sake of greed. The invasion failed, quite considerably due to the fact that the Civilians of Cuba, actually backed Castro, contrary to preliminary beliefs of the CIA.

Every thing I have provided above is facts.

-Harlan
righty10294

Con

Hello Harlan:

You are saying that we are trying to throw Fidel out of power in Cuba and that is a bad thing. You are totally wrong. Fidel Castro needs to be over thrown, before he does something globaly bad.

First you say in the pre-Fidel era, we were making money on the sugar cane plant, and as soon as Fidel became the leader(I'll say dictator) we considered them a hostile enemy. You haven't done your homework. I guess you never heard of the Cuban Missile Crisis. In 1962, shortly after the Bay of Pigs, Castro declared Cuba a socialist republic. He made ties with the U.S.S.R. By doing that the Soviet Union gave Cuba missiles and they had them pointed right at us. The missiles were believed to be nukes. So, in response JFK called them a hostile nation (hmmm wonder why?) and pulled out all our ships out to dance with Cuba. Within a hour, there was an agreement to remove the missiles. The Bay of Pigs goes right along with my quote, "our enemies thought they saw weakness, now they see defeat."

You also say that the Cubans were for CAstro, that was in the 60's. We are in the 21st century and since the 60's he has been a murderer and is similar to Saddam. IN an article it states that between the dates 1/1/59 and 10/31/06 there has been 5,775 recorded executions. 1,000+ unlawful murders, 200 disappearances and 984 dead in jail. In total there has been around 8,190 deaths caused by Castro or his entourage. So let me ask you, why would you want all these murders to continue, or get Castro out and bring peace to Cuba again?
Harlan

Pro

Harlan forfeited this round.
righty10294

Con

Harlan:

Since you have forfeited the last round (thought you wouldn't forfeit) my argument will be short just to refresh the facts.

The US needs to overthrow Fidel CAstro for common good. He has made many disgusting crimes. He has killed people many people for saying they disagree with the government. He will kill more, and his brother will kill more. The US needs to stop it now.
Harlan

Pro

I would lke to begin by clarify in something, you said:

"You are saying that we are trying to throw Fidel out of power in Cuba and that is a bad thing"

I am sorry if there was confusion of this, but I am saying that the reasons that the US is trying to overthrow Castro are bad, I am sorry if I mislead you, but whether Castro should be overthrown in of itself, is a different debate. Sorry. I am against the US overthrowing Cuba under the pre-tenses of making money from cash-crops. That is just horrible.

"I guess you never heard of the Cuban Missile Crisis."

Castro can hardly be held accountable for the Soviet Union's actions, can they? The root of the Cuban missile crisis lay in conflicts between the USSR and the US, and it would in no way be in Cuba's best interest to be at war with one of the two super-powers. Who has not "done their homework" again? You can't honestly believe that that is why the US is trying to overthrow Cuba, which is ridiculous.

You must admit that despite whether Castro is a good leader (we are not debating that), the US's motives lie, unfortunately in money and money alone.

Let us please remain discussing the US's motives for overthrowing Castro, and their propaganda. That is what the debate is about. Please clarify:

-Whether you agree the US is propagandizing against Cuba and that their motives for overthrowing Castro are that of protecting global capitalism

-If you answered yes: Do you think that protecting global capitalism is a valid reason to invade a country.

I am not sure where you stand in relation to this debate, so please clarify.

Oh yes, and to all in the comments who accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist; I would like to hear assure you that everything I have provided has been facts. Do some research, you may be interested.

To all those who are open-minded and curious, or even hesitant skeptics…Here are some things you may want to read:

http://www.infoplease.com...

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk...

http://www.pslweb.org...
righty10294

Con

Harlan:

Sorry about the confusion, and yes I do believe the US is trying to over throw Castro to protect global capitalism. Also, to your second question: yes we should invade a country to protect global capitalism. As you read above, the people in Cuba aren't safe. They are being murdered for not believing the government is right.

Lets compare it to school. You are at school and someone is bullying your friends around (you are 10 and the bully is 15) and you are watching him do it. IF you stand up for your friends, the bully we beat you up and keep beating your friends up. Now, if someone older than him (lets say a senior that's 18) comes and tells you to stop, he either going to do 2 things

1)He'll get scared and stop (like the Missile Crisis) or'
2)He'll say make me. Once he says make me the 18 year old will beat him up so bad that he will never throw another punch in his life.

Now if you were 10 in this situation, would you like it as him not throwing any punches or beating up all the little kids? This is exactly what is going on in Cuba, the citizens are the 10 year olds, government is the 15 year olds, and the US is the 18 year old.

Also, if WWIII breaks out, Cuba will be used as a axile island. Their they will be able to launch attacks on to our soil and endangering our citizens. Also, main cities like Miami, Tampa Bay, Orlando, New Orleans, and possibly Houston will all be endanger. If we invade and make it a constitutional republic with leaders of Cuba's citizens, that won't happen and Cuba will be a free state. A free Cuba won't rely on sugar as you state. It will attract millions of tourism dollars from around the world to help its economy.

If you would like to continue this debate , challenge me with your next argument. Make it 1 or 2 rounds. 3 would be too long.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
Do some research, publius. US corporations lost THOUSANDS of dollars with Cuba's agrarian reform. The island is just a money-making resource for them. If you think the US's motives are os noble, than why would they find it necessary to pay journalists to print propaganda against Castro?
Posted by joesabet2001 9 years ago
joesabet2001
He mentions a bully analogy but that should be reserved for the United States and its crimes of aggresion and terrorism. We rule the world by force. We have the despicable designation as the world's number 1 military power or superpower. The US also has a lenghty track record of military interventions that only convey bullying and worse crimes.
Posted by Publius_Infinitum 9 years ago
Publius_Infinitum
"I am against the US overthrowing Cuba under the pre-tenses of making money from cash-crops."

Where'd you get this idea from?

Cuba is a idealogical theocracy. Communism is the most lethal ideology in human history... Wanting the nation 90 miles off our shore to set aside this cultural virus and join the free market and open government is only reasonable.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
Invade a country so a few corporations can amke another buck? that is purely repulsive in everyway.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
You said:

"I do not believe in any of those conspiracys at ALL!"

Did you not once claim that a majority of muslims were terrorists...because THAT is quite a conspiracy theory.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
What part do you believe is a conspiracy? I will assure you there are not conspiracy theories.
Posted by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
actually my Roswell pix site is a dud. But here is a better pic go down the site to find the pic:

http://www.erichufschmid.net...
Posted by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
Conspiracy Theorys all come from "fact":

Roswell 51-There were many "eyewitnesses" who said they saw something fall from the sky and crash. There are "autopcy photos of a alien and many men in lab suits":

pcbunn.cacr.caltech.edu/jjb.html

Goverment murdering JFK-From the videos it isn't clear where the bullet that killed JFK came from.:

http://www.history-matters.com...

My whole point is that for every conspiracy theory there is a hair of fact behind it.

I do not believe in any of those conspiracys at ALL!
Posted by C-Mach 9 years ago
C-Mach
Well, we need global lasseiz-faire capitalism. It will make everybody wealthier, happier, and more prosperous.
Posted by righty10294 9 years ago
righty10294
Harlan,

Just finish this debate, and I will challenge you to the same topic when it's over
Vote Placed by Bigmomma1 9 years ago
Bigmomma1
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by kenito001 9 years ago
kenito001
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by texasrulz10 9 years ago
texasrulz10
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by mostatebears17 9 years ago
mostatebears17
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by erick1 9 years ago
erick1
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by gogott 9 years ago
gogott
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by mikelwallace 9 years ago
mikelwallace
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
Harlanrighty10294Tied
Vote Placed by danny001 9 years ago
danny001
Harlanrighty10294Tied