zackroo99
NotYourFault

US immagrant president allowication

NotYourFault

zackroo99

Pro

If someone will help, I have to do this same debate tomarrow in class and I need some practice!
NotYourFault

Con

I accept this debate and I will remind my opponent that he has the Burden of Proof and must prove that US immigrants should be allowed to become president. I will be rebutting his arguments with the belief that immigrants should not be allowed to become president.
zackroo99

Pro

Here we go....
If your like most Americans, you probably have heard the requirements of being president. They are; Must be at least 35 years of age, must have lived in this country for at least 18 years, and you must be a natural born citizen.

When our founding fathers created this nation, they were immigrants! Our first president, George Washington, was an immigrant. Who are we to say that modern-day immigrants can't be president. Just look at Arnold Schwarzenegger, I know at least a thousand people who would vote for him in an instant! Barak Obama, his grandmother says that he was born in Kenya! He is currently been an amazing president. If truth be told he actually was born there, would we impeach him? NO! I didn't even want him in office, but you know what? He get's the job Done.
NotYourFault

Con

Actually, George Washington was born in Virginia Colony, one of the original 13 colonies. (1) By that statement alone, he is not an immigrant. Also, none of the founding fathers could have been immigrants because at the time there was no America, only the American colonies. The colonies belonged to Britain and even if someone came over from Britain they wouldn't be an immigrant. So there is no comparison between the founding fathers and modern immigrants.

Now onto President Obama. He is an American born citizen. In 2011, Obama released his birth certificate to the public to stifle the claims that he was born in Kenya. He was in fact born in Hawaii and Hawaii state officials authenticated his birth certificate.(2) I wouldn't believe everything his grandmother says.

So I have now negated my opponent's arguments.

References:
1. http://millercenter.org...
2. http://www.snopes.com...;
zackroo99

Pro

My rebuddle: Actually, nine of the founding fathers were in fact immigrants. And President Barak Obama is, like the second word of this statement says, PRESIDENT! He could probably get his hands on anything if he wanted to. Think of how Nixon gt the spies for the water gate scandal, he was the PRESIDENT!, back then, almost everyone wanted to please the president and do anything at his command, even if it wasn't legal. Also, he could have paid for those officials to authenticate his birth certificate.

Why would it effect anyone's love for the country. I don't think that if someone hated the country, they would work that hard to ruin America. I say that if someone has the drive to become president, they must have good intentions.

Another point I would like to bring up is how some of the most powerful, influential people are or where foreigners; Albert Einstien, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Madeleine Albright, and even Ozzy Osborne! Something we today can't prevent is How america is becoming a huge melting pot, and if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Eventually we will have to realize that we will have to allocate this.

We have many great would-be presidential candidates, but this amendment is standing in their way, how bout if instead of would be's, let's make them will be's.
NotYourFault

Con

Immigrant: a person who migrates to another country, usually forpermanent
residence. (1)

I don't think you understand what an immigrant actually is. The Founding Fathers couldnot have been immigrants because at the time America was not a sovereign state. It was a group of 13 colonies owned by the British, and since these colonies were owned by the British, any travel between these two places would not be immigration. That would be like you moving to Puerto Rico or American Samoa, both US Territories. You would still be in the same country.
Also, I would like to point out that George Washington was in fact born in Virginia Colony.(2)

Obama's supposed birth in Kenya is just a conspiracy theory. It has been certified by the Hawaii State Health Department.(3) Your statements of Obama's supposed success are also irrelevant as we are not arguing how accomplished Obama is but rather whether or not an immigrant should be allowed in office.

I will agree that our country is a "melting pot". But that does not give immigrants the right to the presidency. The presidency requrires a person to be a native citizen for a reason. The presidency is not just some job you can give away to whoever is qualified. They need to be American in order to be the president of the United States of America. It's like you going to rule China.

References:
1. http://dictionary.reference.com...
Posted by NotYourFault 5 years ago
NotYourFault
I'm a little curious as to how your debate went.
Posted by zackroo99 5 years ago
zackroo99
By the way, Evan, thanks for being such a good sport.
Posted by NotYourFault 5 years ago
NotYourFault
Dude, I'm not trying to be a prick, but debating is over. Anything you argue outside of your rounds is irrelevant.
Posted by zackroo99 5 years ago
zackroo99
and, iforgot this one thing:

Posted by zackroo99 5 years ago
zackroo99
You obviously havn't read my previous statement of; "He's the PRESIDENT!!, he can get his hands on almost any leagal document he wanted. The only way there would be complete proof of his birth in hawaii is if the certificate was carbon dated
Posted by zackroo99 5 years ago
zackroo99
thanks, i' just waiting to take notes on your final post so I have somthin to flip around on the other kid
Posted by NotYourFault 5 years ago
NotYourFault
you don't have to wait on my final rebuttal. you're completely finished debating, so you can do as you please hahaha but i'll get it out in the next 10 minutes or so.
Posted by zackroo99 5 years ago
zackroo99
still there?
Posted by zackroo99 5 years ago
zackroo99
Look man, It's almost 10:30 at night where I am, and I need to go to bed soon, try and wrap this up as quickly as you can.

PS: MY actual views are the con, i was assigned to do the pro
Posted by NotYourFault 5 years ago
NotYourFault
I'm here. I just posted my round 2
Vote Placed by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
zackroo99NotYourFaultTied
Reasons for voting decision: Alright, PROs basic argument was the founding father's were immigrants so why can't an immigrant be president. This was thoroughly refuted by CON. PROs second argument was Obama was born in Kenya, but, no one would impeach him. CON once again showed this was false.
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
zackroo99NotYourFaultTied
Reasons for voting decision: con resorted to semantics over the technicality of the founding fathers rather then debate the resolution, The pro did have arguments in the first round that the con did not refute, so arguments and conduct go to the pro, but sources do go to the con
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
zackroo99NotYourFaultTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con proved the founding fathers n ot immigran,t refuted obaamasarg