Cold-Mind
LtnDog

US should make government and agencies more transparent

LtnDog

Cold-Mind

Pro

US has established system that leads towards dictatorship.
Government has became threat to our freedom.
LtnDog

Con

I don't understand what you mean by your statement. We have put a Constitution, a Bill of Rights, and made amendments to protect freedom, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happyness. We also have made laws that prevents certain branches of government from having too much power. Twenty-Seven amendments that give you all your basic freedoms. Amendments will always be made to ensure that the American people will always have their rights, and that they cannot be taken away.
Cold-Mind

Pro

We have a heavily violated constitution, and heavily violated bill of rights.
Here are some link for your education:
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
I expect you to justify these issues. I claim these are valid, and I will not accept "These people are lying" or "These people are misinformed" arguments, because there is no way you or I can know better then them.
LtnDog

Con

You just said it yourself neither one of us can know better. The truth is that not everything is ever black or white, but its all many shades of grey. Edward Snowden says how the NSA is always spying on you and that is against your rights. What your not seeing is that they spy on suspected terrorists, and they use everything to to stop terrorists. If I am suspected of terrorism, then I don't care if they read my texts, because I am not hiding anything. The Patriot Act was formed in order to help stop terrorism here at home, hence why there is Homeland Security and they can be directly linked with the NSA. They both were made to protect American people, not to harm them. Libya was not given to the Al-Qaeda, Libya was freed from its dictator. Now the Al-Qaeda came after the U.S. and N.A.T.O. had retracted the support we were giving the rebels. For the last video, I have already explained why the U.S. government surveys people in the U.S. The only real violated part of the constitution is the right to privacy, but that is so terrorists sure stopped from making attacks here at home. Sometimes your rights are broken, but only in special circumstances where you have been perceived as a threat. The only reason they would spy on you is if you did something to get their attention.
Posted by LtnDog 3 years ago
LtnDog
That was an act of war in another country. Not a violation of the rights of U.S. citizens. For the record, the debate goes through each round and is not meant to get slipped into the comment section.
Posted by Cold-Mind 3 years ago
Cold-Mind
But who is to judge if I am perceived as a threat? Court? - Yes! But NSA does not need a warrant. And NSA has no supervision, which makes her suitable for corruption.
I am not terrorist, but I do care a lot about some organization reading my stuff. I am legally fighting government and shadow-government, which is more then good enough reason for them to set me up for a crime or even to assassinate me.
As for freeing country from dictator, I don't know much about Libyan dictatorship, but I do know how Serbia is "freed" from Milosevic, because this is where I live in. NATO showered Serbia with uranium, killing two thousand civilians! Then they had a trial for Milosevic in Hague, and since they could not convict him after 4 years of trial, he was poisoned.
Now we have "democracy" in Serbia. We have congress that has absolute majority for every single subject that fits shadow-government. Proletarians have more then two times less buying power then it had under "dictatorship" of Milosevic. Public debt, which we hadn't under "dictatorship" has reached the point on which we can never repay it. And unemployment is now above 20% in Serbia.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
Cold-MindLtnDogTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had the presumptive BoP and failed to make any kind of real argument in support of the motion. Whether or not I might agree with his point is irrelevant. Pro, you have to make a case--and you can't just post links and think that makes a case for you. You have to make your own. Arguments to Con. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.