US should not be invading Iran.

U.S. should not invade Iran. I stand with this resolution. Round #1: Acceptance.

Contention #1: There is no business to invade Iran.
We have no reason to go to Iran just because of oil or "helping other countries". If we want to help other countries, we should fix our own economy first. Helping Iran's people is also good but we should not abuse our powers to cause rebellions in Middle-Eastern countries. We have to deal with our issues first. We have done enough in Libya and the leader of Syria has already told the USA not to get involved. Look at the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. We were supposed to be in Afghanistan to remove Al Qaeda. Instead, we bombed the streets and tried to take the nation under our control, and attempted to remove the Taliban, even though they have virtually no connection to Al Qaeda or their supposed goals. Many innocent lives were taken, and no real progress has really been made on the country as a whole. Iraq as well has worsened. Neither of these countries ever asked for US aid, but they attacked them anyways. Iraq didn't even have Weapons of Mass Destruction, and all the US wanted was to control their oil for themselves, not for other countries to develop as stable nations. Many innocent civillians died and the country is on the verge of civil war. Also, a few decades ago, the US oppressed the people of Nicaragua, and killed countless innocent civilians for their resources. Further, East Timor, an area by Indonesia, had many innocent civilians of theirs brutally murdered, and another race of people almost died out, mainly due to the United States. We need not to get into other country's affairs unless they want us to help. We don't have any good reason to invade Iran. We can benefit mankind by withdrawing all of our troops and stop sticking our noses under other people's business.
I really am out of time so I will expan dlater since this has 5 rounds.

I thank my opponent for his challange, now on with the debate!

I opponent is wrong in so many areas in his contention.

I am afraid that this goes farther then just pretecting allies and getting oil. Iran actually poses a threat to our national security. They have funded terror cells in the middle-eastern countries for years. The bullets and explosives that are killing our service men, are made in Iran. Iran has been funding groups such as Hamas, Hezbollah, Palistinian Islamic Jihad, and other terrorist organizations all over the world [1].

They also have been working on nuclear power for quite sometime now. If that happens then we have a big problem, because we will be fighting a nuclear nation. The International Atomic Energy Agency eleased a report in November 8, 2011 stating that they have evedence that Iran is on the verge of developing nuclear device [2].

My opponent goes further to criticize the U.S. role in bringing two terrorist regimes down. He even goes to make a very ignorant asumption that the Taliban has nothing to do with Al-Quaeda, when the truth is the exact opposite. When Osama Bin Laden(the leader of Al Quaeda at the time) was exiled from both Iraq and his home country of Saudi Arabia he was allowed to take refuge in Afganistan under th protection of the Taliban. Al Qaeda and the Taliban from that poin on were very close allies. They fought and even trained the Taliban in their training camps. One example of this is the notorious 055 brigade that were trained by Al Qaeda that is noted to have slaughtered countless people [3]. And on top of that lets not forget about 9/11..

Also, yes I will admit that we went ti Iraq for oil, but how is that bad? Like my opponent mentioned in his own argument, we need a jump start in our economy, and the oil from Irag could have helped us greatly if people would have actually let us take it, but of course liberals have their job to cry about everything.

~~My Argument~~

C1: The Threat from Iran.

As I stated in my rebuttel of my opponnets contention, Iran is close to getting nukes. This remains an important reason, and thus will stand.

C2: They have provoked us.

Aside from funding our enemies (which I stated in my rebuttel), Iran has done other things to us that have been worthy of declaring war with them, and then crushing them. There first example of this would be the 1979 Iran hostage crises. This is where the Iranians barged into the U.S. imbassy, and took 52 of our diplomats hostage for 444 days [4]. Another good example of actions of war is the 1983 Hezbollah bombings. The terrorist group that it is openly funded by Iran bombed a U.S. embassy. This cost 17 american lives, and is worthy of retaliation [4]. And a more recent event is that Iranian troops arrested four american hikers who were not even on the Iranians borders [5].

I will now await my opponent's rebuttels.

I will release more contentions in the later rounds sense this is a five round debate.

Vote Con!

Viper-King forfeited this round.

Case still stands

Vote Con

Viper-King forfeited this round.

I win I guess.. lol

Viper-King forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by cameronl35 4 years ago