scienceNerd48
TrexieGirl

USA (pro) or England (con)

scienceNerd48

Pro

OK Zofia let's let the world decide which is a better country.

Round 1: Acceptance (Respond, "I Accept")
Round 2: Opening Arguments (No Rebuttals)
Round 3: Rebuttals and Final Arguments
Round 4: Closing Arguments (No Rebuttals)

I'm pro USA
TrexieGirl

Con

Ok then. Nick. Out of the world, I can think of a dozen countries better than the US. Including, England, Germany, Japan, France, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Spain, and Scotland. I am here to defend these countries. And, being an expert debater, I think I will win. And I never said England was best, just better than the US. Since this is an American dominated site, I think you would get votes from the blindsighted ones. The ones who think that America is the "perfect country". I think I will get all the thoughtful ones on my side. The ones who dare to challenge. I dare America to think. "Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven." -William Shakespeare
scienceNerd48

Pro

I think that it is childish of you to not read the instructions and then respond with an argument instead of "I accept" which you were instructed to do. Also who acts better than everyone else calling yourself an expert debater, that is for other people to decide, not you. If you are in this website and have followed the criteria to vote you probably wont get many blindsided voters. Yes Zofia, blind sighted is two words, but blindsided is one word .

First of all when I said that New Zealand is the only country with more freedom than the USA, it was not an opinion like your twelve countries, it was a fact. You have no hard evidence to support your case you arguments will only be about your personal opinion. England has done many wrong things to the Kingdom of Scotland (read the second link). I saw a video (watch the first link) where a English man thought that a book that portrays England in a bad way must have been written by a "homosexual," I would not like to live in a country with residents who have that mind set.

1)https://www.youtube.com...
2)http://www.theguardian.com...
TrexieGirl

Con

Nick, that was, an acceptance. It was just long, a mere introduction. And I must say, thank you for wasting a whole arguement on telling me off. And, on many reliable sites and news stations, such as the newsroom, all agree that America is not the greatest country in the world. And again, I never said England was the greatest country. Just better than the US. And what about this country is "best"? We are 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, 3rd in median income, 4th in labor force, and 4th in exports. The most educated country? Canada. There are many countries that are better than the US at many things. I am saving up most of my ammo for my rebuttals because, in a country of Americans, I will have to work extra hard to open their eyes. Again, thank you for wasting a whole argument to tell me off. You have made the whole thing just a little more efficient.
scienceNerd48

Pro

I didn't use my whole argument telling you off only a small paragraph. You're the one who just spent their whole rebuttal telling the instigator off. By the way you weren't supposed to write your first argument as your intro or opening argument that was for Round 2, the instructions clearly stated you were supposed to respond "I accept"

The USA has claimed the most Nobel Prizes in all categories except one. England is a country built on stereotypes and royal families. A royal family is not a stable government. The infant mortality is actually measured by the highest number of mortalities to the lowest, with about 190 countries in the world we have placed pretty good. Seventh in literacy is pretty good considering Canada says they have 100% literacy which is a lie because there are people with mental deficiencies and indigenous people who most likely can't read. Proof Canada isn't the most educated country, Fourth in labor force and exports is pretty good, considering all the countries in this world. Thank you for proving my point.
TrexieGirl

Con

Actually, Canada's literacy rate is more like 97.2. And for a first world country, those rankings aren't very good. And England's government is a very stable one. Is England in 17 trillion dollars of debt? No. If America was so "great", than why are we barreling our way into more and more debt? As "The Great Gatsby" clearly explains, the American dream is twisted and dark, with people chasing their way into a dark eternity. Anyways, how can you even call England's government system unusable when we barley have a say in our own. If you haven't noticed, the word democracy means,"rule of the people" and the electoral college doesn't provide that. If you were a Republican voting in CA. then your vote wouldn't count because CA. is democratic. So, there is not much of a democracy in America. And a democracy/monarchy works just fine. It's working better than our political system anyways. And FYI, Forbes magazine has ranked Australia to be the best country in the world. England's debt? 1.4 trillion. Pretty good for a country that provides free healthcare. And England and other countries have way more history than America. They have had lots of time to develop and strategize, unlike America. Hope this sets your facts straight.
scienceNerd48

Pro

The USA isn't a democracy it is a Constitution-based Federal Republic. Canada's literacy is 99% which can't be true. "The Great Gatsby" is a fictitious book, yet you trust its logic. In conclusion, England is a country that mocks their fellow British Kingdoms in horrible ways. England is a stereotypical country full of judgmental people. I rest my case that the USA, unlike England, doesn't renounce our human dignity.
TrexieGirl

Con

It looks Nick, that you are the judgmental one in this argument. The Great Gatsby is based on fact and written as an allegory to the American Dream, you saying that it has no logic is like saying that "Lord of the Flies" isn't an allegory to humanity and "the darkness of a man's heart". And you obviously have no respect for anyone of British decent. It is not full of judgmental people, its full of different people, the kind, the well-read, and society's "evil". Just like any country like, lets say, America. You are so set on the argument that you don't realize what people you are insulting. England doesn't renounce human dignity, it would've been placed on the UN's list about now with North Korea. And our little "constitution-based republic" isn't doing too well right now, is it? And, take in the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. We dropped a bomb on hundreds of innocent civillians who didn't take part in the war. Is that what you consider great? Mass genocide?
The US is the 17th most educated country in the world. We are a first world country. There are 2nd world countries doing better than us. England is 6th. Education is a big factor of what makes a country "great". And the US is not meeting that bar. I find it impossible to believe that this is the "best country". There are many countries doing better than us, including, even though you hate to hear it, England. The US was once a great country, and we still can be. But right now, we are a fake a phony, shelves loaded up with things made in China for goodness sakes. We used to be the "top banana". Now, we have lowered down to an untimley low. I believe that you, Nick, are looking through the wrong side of the telescope. Flip it over for a change. You might find the truth for a change. My case stands.
Posted by TrexieGirl 3 years ago
TrexieGirl
My apologies for the spelling, punctuation, and redundancy errors. I was half asleep.