mongeese
tkubok

Ultimate Team War - Ender's Game

mongeese

Pro

This is Ultimate Team War - Ender's Game. Each debater must assemble a team of five characters, and the teams will then fight to the death(ish). Since we cannot have an actual real-life battle, each debater will explain why their team is superior during this debate.

DEFINITIONS
Team leader: One of the debaters here, i.e. me or mongeese.
Team member: One of the five chosen warriors.
Team Pro: My team.
Team Con: My opponent's team.

RULES
1. Battles take place in the Battle Room of Ender's Game. The room is 100m by 20m by 20m. A portal is located on each 20 by 20 wall, 5m by 5m. Each team has its own portal. The Battle Room is not lit, and there is no gravity. The Battle Room contains air, same in composition as that of Earth. Along the walls, 1-foot handlebars are located 3 m away from each other. The Battle Room and all handlebars are indestructible.
2. All team members must enter their respective portal within five minutes of the beginning of the battle. Preparation takes place in a 40m by 40m by 40m room lit with white light and no resources. The only exit from this room allowed is the portal.
3. Once a team member enters the portal, that team member may not come back into the preparation room.
4. Team members in a preparation room may not be attacked by the opposing team.
5. All team members must be street level - their abilities must be on par with somewhat human level, like Batman or Spiderman, not Superman. If you are unsure of what constitutes a street level character, just ask.
6. Every team member must be either real or, if fictional, verifiably existent. No characters may be made up for the purpose of this debate.
7. In the case of a fictional character, the team member's abilities must be according to a specific canon chosen by the team leader.
8. Every character has only the equipment that they generally have in the specified canon. Any support characters used by the team member as if they were equipment are allowed as long as that character is not suddenly above street level.
9. Team members are absolutely loyal to the team leader, unless subjected to some form of mind control by the opposing team. All team members are still subjected to their own emotions, however.
10. The team leader may not directly participate in the competition, but may only facilitate. The role of the team leader is to explain what the team would do and why it would win against the opposing team.
11. Neither team can have a member in common. If one team leader chooses a team member, the other team cannot have that person.
12. A team wins when all members of an opposing team are dead or unconscious. Characters who cannot be dead or unconscious are not allowed.

Round 1: Rule specifications; PRO unveils first three team members, CON unveils all five team members.

Round 2: PRO unveils his final two team members and explains why his team is better. CON also begins his arguments.

Round 3, 4, 5: Arguments and rebuttals. CON may not present any new arguments during round 5, since PRO has no chance to rebut them.

Team Member 1: Paper Mario [1]
Paper Mario is essentialy Mario, except he's flat. He has extreme jumping skills, and the ability to flip into the mysterious (for him) third dimensions. He is armed with the various Pixls [2] and, in zero-gravity, Squirps [3].

Team Member 2: UFO Kirby [4][5]
UFO is one of Kirby's copy abilities. It allows him levitation and the ability to shoot various beams. Upon getting rid of the ability, he reverts back into the Star Warrior Kirby.

Team Member 3: Link, Hero of Twilight [6]
Link is a swordsman of 17, and the bearer of the Triforce of Courage. He has the power to transform into a wolf at will. He is assisted by Midna [7], who can do various things such as extend energy fields. Link has a wide assortment of weapons at his disposal.

I will post my other two team members and begin my arguments in round 2, after my opponent posts his or her team members.

Oh, and thanks to MTGandP for coming up with the entire concept of Ultimate Team War!

1. http://www.mariowiki.com...
2. http://www.mariowiki.com...
3. http://www.mariowiki.com...
4. http://kirby.wikia.com...
5. http://kirby.wikia.com...
6. http://zelda.wikia.com...
tkubok

Con

I accept this challenge, sir.

My team will consist of...

THE GREAT HUMAN ALLIANCE OF HUMANS AND A MECHANICAL CHESS PLAYER!!!!

Team member 1: Stephen Hawkings.(1)
The foremost expert in Gravity and theoretical physics, also known as "That guy in the wheelchair", Stephen Hawkins, the author of "A brief History of time" is equipped with his trusty electronic wheelchair and an onboard computer that allows him to voice his opinions.

Team member 2: Deep Blue.(2)
Deep Blue, once constructed by IBM to defeat the evil russian dictator despot known as Gary Kasparov in a game of chess(Thus simulating what a real battle would have been), and thought to have been deconstructed for the purpose of delaying the inevitable "rise of the machines", has now come back to defeat Mongeese and his evil army of non-human aliens. Armed with multiple cell processors, a cooling unit and an external battery source that gives the Deep Blue up to 7 days of life.

Team member 3: Macgyver.(3)
Also known as Secret agent Angus Macgyver, this agent is extremely resourceful when it comes to getting out of tight situations. Armed with his trusty pocket swiss army knife, and a roll of industrial-strength adhesive duct tape.

Team member 4: Ozymandias.(4)
Also known as Adrien Veidt, the main antagonist of the Watchman series. He is assumed to be the smartest man on the planet(With the exception of Stephen Hawkins), and having great capacity and control over his own mental and physical abilities. Armed with his suit, that is constructed to absorb some minor damage, and physical reflexes that allow him to catch a bullet.

Team member 5: Peter Petrelli(5)
For the sake of the "Street level abilities" rule, i shall make him the latter version, that is, he can only carry one ability at a time, and upon acquiring a new ability, he loses his current one. His starting ability is psychokinetic, that is, the ability to move things with his mind.

Your turn, sir.

Source:
1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
2. http://en.wikipedia.org...(chess_computer)
3. http://en.wikipedia.org...
4. http://watchmen.wikia.com...
5. http://en.wikipedia.org...
mongeese

Pro

Thank you for posting your team, tkubok. This shall be great.

Team Member 4: Magnezone [1]
Magnezone is a Lv100 Electric/Steel type Pok�mon. It has an extremely high Special Attack and a high Defense. Its attacks are Shock Wave, a target-seeking wave of electricity with decent damage, Reflect, an attack that sets up a physical barrier that lessens the impact of physical attack, Signal Beam, a Bug-type attack that can cause Confusion, and Psych Up, a move that copies any stat changes in any ally onto itself. It holds a Shell Hell item, allowing it to regenerate health upon hitting a target.

Team Member 5: Shuckle [2]
Shuckle is a Lv100 Bug/Rock type Pok�mon. It has ridiculously high Defense and Special Defense. It's attacks are Acupressure, a move that randomly increases the Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed, Evasiveness, or Accuracy of either Shuckle or an ally, Gastro Acid, a move that negates the target's ability, Helping Hand, a move that increases the power of an ally's attack, and Encore, a move that forces the target to do whatever it was doing repeatedly. It holds a Leftovers item, allowing it to regenerate health over time. Its ability is Sturdy.

Now, for strategy:

At the start of the battle, Shuckle repeatedly Acupressures Paper Mario, increasing Paper Mario's stats greatly. Magnezone then Psych Ups Paper Mario's stats, making it even more powerful.
After all this is done, Paper Mario riding Squirps, Link, UFO Kirby, and Magnezone enter the Battle Room, and Link uses his Clawshot to drag Shuckle into the Battle Room as well. The portal closes. Magnezone uses Reflect, and replenishes Reflect when necessary.
If Team CON has not yet entered the Battle Room, Link stands poised under the portal with an arrow, and Kirby charges up a UFO Wave Cannon, to destroy the first thing that comes out.
Shuckle climbs onto Magnezone's back and uses Helping Hand. Magnezone uses Shock Wave on whatever comes through the door.

Stephen Hawkings' electronic wheelchair would explode when overcharged by Shock Wave. He'd be fried to a crisp in no time.

Deep Blue would explode upon being hit by electricity as well.

MacGyver would not survive an arrow to the heart, a UFO Wave Cannon to the body, and a Shock Wave.

Ozymandias would be unable to dodge Shock Wave, so he would be electrocuted to death.

Shuckle would use Gastric Acid on Peter, eliminating his psychokinetic ability, and he'd be destroyed in a flurry of electricity, energy, and bomb arrow. Signal Beam would also be powerful, as it is a Bug-type attack, super-effective against psychics, assuming Shuckle doesn't already make Peter worthless.

Your move.

1. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
2. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
tkubok

Con

Alright, my turn. Hehehe.

At the start of the battle, Macgyver quickly dismantles the back metal cover of Deep blue. Using the duck tape, Macgyver creates a sticky side to one end of the metal rod, so that he can quickly throw the rod to the ground, creating a lightning rod. Thus, any electric attack that comes towards this side of the hallway, will be redirected to the metal and harmlessly flows to the walls.(1) Macgyver also takes the time to dismantle all but one panel, to create makeshift sheilds.

Deep blue says: Rook to D-7.

As Macgyver starts to dismantle more and more of Deep blue as well as part of That wheelchair guys wheelchair, Ozzy and That wheelchair guy, create a working gravity field generator, that produce some limited gravity in a short distance. Peter also helps using his psychokinetic abilities to quickly assemble small peices.

Deep blue says: Pawn to G-3.

Macgyver enters the portal first, quickly dispatching the metal rod. Peter follows suit, and Ozzy comes in after him with the artificial gravity device.

Deep blue says: Bishop to C-4.

Mista wheelchair rams the Deep blue into the portal, along with himself. Thanks to the lightning rod, all thunder attacks are fairly diverted.

Deep blue says: Rook to G-3

If Kirby tries to shoot, Peter will use his powers to spin Kirby, hopefully to face his allies, but atleast face the walls, so that his lazer goes off relatively harmlessly against his team.

Deep blue says: Knight to E-2

If Shuckle shoots his Gastric Acid on Peter, Peter can always use his abilities to pick up the shield and move it infront of him so that most, if not all, the potential damage is absorbed.

Deep blue says: Knight to D-4.

When the arrow is fired to MacGyver, Ozzy will step in and quickly snatch the arrow(After all, an arrow is slower than a bullet). Ozzy will take the artificial gravity generator, as well as the arrow he snatched, and run towards his opponents at full speed, throwing the arrow like a javelin. Macgyver will follow directly behind Ozzy. Peter helps by using the sheild he just blocked the Gastro Acid with, and keep protecting Ozzy from any potential attacks from Shuckles. As soon as Ozzy comes in close distance of about 5 meters, he will throw the Artificial gravity generator towards his enemy, after increasing the power 10 fold, therefore crushing his opponents to the ground for a short period of time. Since this only lasts a few seconds at most, this gives Ozzy and Macgyver, already heading towards them due to the momentum, to quickly reach attacking range. Ozzy will engage Paper mario and Link, while Macgyver quickly stabs the soft parts of Shuckle, while Peter rams Magnezone into Kirby.

Deep blue says: Queen to E-6. Checkmate.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
mongeese

Pro

Thank you for posting, tkubok.

My goal is now to get the lightning rod to not interfere with my attacks. There are many ways in which I can do this. One, Link can use the Gale Boomerang [1] to dislodge the lightning rod from the wall, and place it onto Magnezone. If the lightning rod is physically and magnetically attached to Magnezone, then it will not interfere with the Shock Wave, but rather extend it.
Two, Kirby could get rid of his UFO ability and eat the lightning rod.
Therefore, the lightning rod will not interfere with my plans at all.

Now, as Team CON exits the portal, they'll be attacked on four sides by Signal Beam (or Shock Wave, should the lightning rod plan work), UFO Wave Cannon, Bomb Arrow, and Sleepy Sheep [2].
My opponent plans to neutralize Kirby by having Peter spin him with telekinesis.
My opponent plans to neutralize Link by having Ozzy snatch the arrow.
However, the Signal Beam will get through, destroying Peter, and the Sleepy Sheep will put Team CON to sleep temporarily. In this time, Ozzy, MacGyver, and Stephen are destroyed by Shock Wave.

My opponent hopes for Ozzy's artificial gravity generator to work. However, my team will be very spread out, with Magnezone attacking from the side, Link attacking from the botton, Mario attacking from the top, and Kirby attacking straight on. Therefore, there's no chance to hit all of them without hitting Team CON as well.
Additionally, I would like to know what materials it takes to build an artificial gravity generator, and how long it will take.

My opponent's killing plans involve:

1. Ozzy engaging Paper Mario and Link, which is bound to fail, as Paper Mario can use Sleepy Sheep to put Ozzy to sleep, and Link can use Mortal Draw [3] to slay Ozzy.

2. MacGyver stabbing the "soft parts" of Shuckle, which is doomed to fail, as Shuckle can withdraw into its shell, exposing only hard parts, and any attempts to kill it will be delayed forever by Leftovers, until Shuckle sticks out its head and spits up Gastro Acid in MacGyver's face.

3. Peter ramming Magnezone into Kirby, which is for one thing not going to happen, because Magnezone is Steel-type, and resistant to Psychic attacks, and for another won't actually kill either of them, because Magnezone, being a Steel-type with high Defense, is extremely durable, and Kirby has enough endurance to endure a ramming blow.

So, from what I see, I can predict the following events to occur:

1. Shuckle uses Acupressure on Paper Mario 30 times, beefing up all of his stats.
2. Magnezone uses Psych Up, copying Paper Mario's stat changes.
3. Paper Mario, Link, Magnezone, Shuckle, and Kirby leave the preparation room.
4. Kirby positions itself directly in front of the portal, charging a UFO Wave Cannon.
5. Magnezone floats in the upper-right corner, prepared to use Shock Wave or Signal Beam.
6. Paper Mario stands in the bottom-left corner, with a Sleepy Sheep in hand.
7. MacGyver appears from the portal, attacking a lightning rod to the wall.
8. Link throws a Gale Boomerang, attaching the lightning rod to Magnezone.
9. Kirby fires the UFO Wave Cannon, but misses, due to Peter's interference.
10. Magnezone fires Signal Beam at Peter, killing him.
11. Paper Mario pulls out Sleepy Sheep, putting MacGyver, Hawking, and Ozzy (and Peter, if he survived) to sleep.
12. Magnezone fires Shock Wave at Deep Blue, destroying it.
At this point, all of Team CON is either dead or unconscious, giving Team PRO victory.

Oh, and I think Deep Blue is broken or something. You can't more a rook on the first turn. ;)

1. http://zelda.wikia.com...
2. http://www.mariowiki.com...
3. http://zelda.wikia.com...
tkubok

Con

My turn. :D

My opponent has tried to dislodge the lightning rod. This is, however, futile, as peter can stop the boomerang from ever reaching the lightning rod. Something as light as a boomerang would easily be deflected. I would prefer that Kirby get rid of his UFO ability and eat the lightning rod, as that would be the preferred outcome for me.

My opponent plans to use signal beam, UFO wave cannon, bomb arrows and sleepy sheep.
Signal beam is a beam of light. Reflective surfaces would easy reflect or dissipate the damage. This is where the metal shields that Macgyver made from Deep Blue come in handy, as well.
My opponent tries to use Sleepy sheep in order to incapacitate my team. However, since sleepy sheep is very poor against bosses, and since My team is a boss, my opponent will be lucky if half my team is asleep. Since sleepy sheep can be dispelled if the person who is asleep, is attacked, if even one of my units is awake, all he has to do is slap everyone back so that they become awake.(1)

My opponent forgets that this is an anti-gravity room. Spreading out is extremely hard. Although my opponent plans to attack me on "Four sides" this is unlikely, as Magnezone and shuckles are slow, and the only one capable of moving in an anti-gravity room is Kirby with his UFO ability and possibly paper mario. If both of these help the others to spread out, this will infact take longer for my opponent to get into place.

Additionally, I am not sure if my opponent has seen any Macgyver TV shows, but following the cannon, Macgyver is able to produce amazing things by using simple household objects. In addition, when Mythbusters tried to do some stunts done on Macgyver, such as Picking a lock with lightbulb filament, it took the mythbusters guys 52 minutes, as opposed to the 52 seconds it took Macgyver, so time is greatly condensed.(2)

My opponent believes that he can thwart my plans. However:

1. As said above, sleepy sheep will definately not work on all, and most likely will not work on half of my team. Even if Ozzy was put to sleep, Macgyver, being right behind Ozzy, would simply smack him on the head to quickly wake him up. With Ozzy awake, mortal draw will look like slow motion to him.

2. This is fine, as then Macgyver can concentrate on other opponents. However, he will always keep an eye out on Shuckles, in case he chooses to raise his head out of his shell to attack. Furthermore, as Gastro Acid does no damage and simply negates an enemies in-battle ability. Since Macgyver has no in-battle ability, he is unaffected.

3. Magnezone only reduces psychic attacks by one half. Therefore, he is not completely unaffected, and this would only mean that it would take longer for Peter to ram him into Kirby. The goal here is not to kill either. It is to incapacitate both, so that neither can participate in the battle. Kirby and Magnezone can be dealt with after the rest of the team is dead.

1. Macgyver, Steven Hawkings and Ozzy dismantle Deep blue to create many little mechanical wonders, including a Gravity field generator, lightning rod, and metal sheilds.
2. All players leave the preparation room.
3. Peter instantly grabs Kirby so that he is pointing towards his allies, thus preventing Kirby from firing at all. Since UFO Wave cannon takes time to charge, there is plenty of time for Peter to properly direct Kirby to one of his fellow team mates.
4. Ozzy and Macgyver are fitted with makeshift shields. Hawking stands behind Deep Blue, possibly so that they may play a round of chess.
5. Ozzy and Macgyver run towards the enemy. Peter supports by helping deflect any oncoming attack.
6. Once Ozzy and Macgyver have run beyond the Lightning rod, this makes the lightning rod less effect, as it has a chance to hit Ozzy or Macgyver while being directed towards the rod. Therefore, Peter uses his abilityes to ram Magnezone into kirby(Or even kirby to Magnezone, if it is taking too long), so that Magnezone cannot use his lightning ability. If he does, he risks hurting Kirby in the process. Since Kirby cannot face in another direction after he is charging, all Peter has to do is to make Kirby face someplace else, and let go, giving him a free hand to move a shield to deflect the Signal beam.
7. Sleepy sheep may put Ozzy or Macgyver to sleep, but highly unlikely that both will submit. If both do, Peter, using his free hand, can wake them up by jolting them with his powers.
8. Ozzy throws the anti-gravity device to the center of where the portal lies, thus increasing the chance that all are hit by it.
9. Macgyver engages Shuckles and Magnezone. Ozzy engages Paper Mario and Link. Mario may have hightened abilities thanks to acupressure, but link does not, allowing Ozzy to quickly incapacitate Link, and take his items so that he may better engage Mario. If Shuckles ever pulls his head out to attack, Macgyver will be sure to be there and slash him. As his body(apart from his shell) is extremely soft, Shuckles will easily receive massive damage or perhaps even be incapacitated. Macgyver will be able to shrug off the Gastro Acid, as he has no in-battle abilities.
10. If Macgyver has failed in decapacitating either Shuckles or Magnezone, he will have atleast lasted long enough until Ozzy has defeated both Paper Mario and Link(With the help of peter), thus allowing him to engage and easily dispatch both.

Source:
1. http://www.mariowiki.com...
2. http://en.wikipedia.org...(2008_season)#Episode_100_.E2.80.93_.22MacGyver_Special.22
mongeese

Pro

"Signal beam is a beam of light. Reflective surfaces would easy reflect or dissipate the damage. This is where the metal shields that Macgyver made from Deep Blue come in handy, as well."
When Signal Beam is used against reflective Metal-type Pok�mon, the damage is merely halved. With Peter also being Psychic, the damage is normalized, and with Magnezone's Special Attack being four times the norm, Peter stands no chance of survival.

"My opponent tries to use Sleepy sheep in order to incapacitate my team. However, since sleepy sheep is very poor against bosses, and since My team is a boss, my opponent will be lucky if half my team is asleep."
My opponent's team is not a boss. I would like to point out that Mario, being on the same level as the members of Team CON, has no sleep resistance, and is put to sleep by a variety of attacks. Unless my opponent can show his team members to have specific resistance to being put to sleep, this point stands.

"Magnezone and shuckles are slow, and the only one capable of moving in an anti-gravity room is Kirby with his UFO ability and possibly paper mario."
Magnezone has the ability to levitate, so it can float around at will. Shuckle has no weight, and easily tags along with Magnezone. Kirby is a UFO. Paper Mario has complete and total mobility in space [1]. Link can use his Double Clawshots [2] to whip around the room with ease, very quickly. My team is completely prepared to travel this room.

My opponent gives no details for the artificial gravity generator. I would like to know what materials are needed.

"As said above, sleepy sheep will definately not work on all, and most likely will not work on half of my team."
Peter, MacGyver, Hawkings, and Ozzy would definitely be put to sleep, as they are merely on a human level like Mario. Deep Blue would not be put to sleep, but it also has no power to wake up the rest of Team CON.

"This is fine, as then Macgyver can concentrate on other opponents."
My opponent gives no indication of his team being able to defeat Shuckle, who can stall out until the opposing team starves to death, as it has its Leftovers to relieve it of hunger.

"Magnezone only reduces psychic attacks by one half. Therefore, he is not completely unaffected, and this would only mean that it would take longer for Peter to ram him into Kirby."
Given that Magnezone would also resist Peter's antics, and continually attack Peter's face, Peter's control over Magnezone will be null.

"The goal here is not to kill either. It is to incapacitate both, so that neither can participate in the battle."
Magnezone would not be incapacitated upon being thrown into a puffball, and Kirby would jump out of the way.

"Kirby and Magnezone can be dealt with after the rest of the team is dead."
That's the same plan you're using for Shuckle. Can't use it twice.

Now, to address the points of my opponent's predictions that I disagree with.

"5. Ozzy and Macgyver run towards the enemy. Peter supports by helping deflect any oncoming attack."
Peter's concentrating on Kirby, and cannot help against Signal Beam.

"Therefore, Peter uses his abilityes to ram Magnezone into kirby(Or even kirby to Magnezone, if it is taking too long), so that Magnezone cannot use his lightning ability. If he does, he risks hurting Kirby in the process."
Magnezone would be able to attack Peter even if Peter messes with his location. Remember, Shock Wave can't miss after the lightning rod is eaten, so Magnezone has no fear in firing. Any shield would be broken by the Signal Beam or Shock Wave. Finally, as Magnezone's Evasiveness, Special Defense, Speed, and Accuracy are maxed out, it is highly unlikely that Peter will be able to do a thing.

"7. Sleepy sheep may put Ozzy or Macgyver to sleep, but highly unlikely that both will submit."
As they're both on the same level (human), they will highly likely both sumbit.
"If both do, Peter, using his free hand, can wake them up by jolting them with his powers."
Peter's being put to sleep, too.

"9. Macgyver engages Shuckles and Magnezone."
He doesn't stand a chance. One Shock Wave, he's dead.

"Ozzy engages Paper Mario and Link. Mario may have hightened abilities thanks to acupressure, but link does not, allowing Ozzy to quickly incapacitate Link..."
For one thing, Link has four Fairies in bottles, allowing him to revive himself, and Magic Armor, allowing most attacks against him to be absorbed by his wallet rather than his body. For another, Link has Mortal Draw, so Ozzy has to steer clear. Mario can easily put Ozzy to sleep, or use a Volt Shroom to paralyze him, allowing Mortal Draw to be a guaranteed kill.

"If Shuckles ever pulls his head out to attack, Macgyver will be sure to be there and slash him. As his body(apart from his shell) is extremely soft, Shuckles will easily receive massive damage or perhaps even be incapacitated."
Then Shuckle will never pull his head out. He will stay in his shell until Team CON starves to death.

"10. If Macgyver has failed in decapacitating either Shuckles or Magnezone, he will have atleast lasted long enough until Ozzy has defeated both Paper Mario and Link(With the help of peter)..."
Peter's dead, and Ozzy's paralyzed or asleep, then Mortal Drawn. Waiting for them to come help MacGyver is like waiting for pigs to fly.

"...thus allowing him to engage and easily dispatch both."
Easily dispatch of Magnezone, a Pok�mon with maxed-out defenses and offenses? It can evade attacks easily, its shots never miss, and it re-heals itself with every strike. And Shuckle's Helping Hand just adds to the mess. Team CON couldn't even defeat Magnezone all together.

In conclusion, Paper Mario can put Team CON to sleep or paralyze them, Link can Mortal Draw anybody, Kirby can eat the lightning rod, then proceed to eat anybody else in need of elimination, Magnezone can strike out anybody with its combination of beefed-up Signal Beam and beefed-up Shock Wave, and Shuckle can stall out until Team CON starves. Team CON stands no chance.

Good luck.

1. http://www.mariowiki.com...
2. http://zelda.wikia.com...
3. http://zelda.wikia.com...
4. http://zelda.wikia.com...
5. http://www.mariowiki.com...
tkubok

Con

tkubok forfeited this round.
mongeese

Pro

To summarize:

All of my opponent's team members can be incapacitated by Sleepy Sheep or Volt Shroom.

Deep Blue is destroyed easily by pretty much anything, although Shock Wave would work best.

Peter would be killed by a Signal Beam, even if he has a shield.

Ozzy, once paralyzed or put to sleep, is easily killed by Mortal Draw, as are everybody else.

MacGyver is even more vulnerable than Ozzy.

Hawking is the most vulnerable of them all. Any attack would kill him, especially Shock Wave.

My opponent gives no methods of defeating Shuckle, Paper Mario, Magnezone, or Kirby.

Shuckle, holding Leftovers, could outlast any of my opponent's team members.

In conclusion, Team PRO would defeat Team CON.
tkubok

Con

tkubok forfeited this round.
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
Multiple forfeits by Con means my vote defaults to Pro.
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
Is the UTW tournament still going on?
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
"Human level" does not mean "at the level of a real live human with no powers." It's more like on the level of Batman and Spider-Man. They are not ordinary humans, but they are not as powerful as Superman, either.
Posted by Danya 7 years ago
Danya
Whatever happened to "Street level," Eh? A machine is not "on par with somewhat human level" And neither is basically all of team one. Anyhow... Since apparently absurdly fictitious characters are allowed, I suppose Lain from "Serial Experiments: Lain" would be my choice. She erases the other team from existence. End of game.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
"In most cases, such as Pokemon, when a pokemon uses a skill, he cannot use another skill until his opponent has used his skill/made his move."

That's merely a formality. In UTW, there is no turn-based system, so the Pokémon don't attack in a turn-based system.

"What is the limit of time, between using something, and using something else?"
There is none. You can pull off a punch right after a kick. Same applies here.
Posted by tkubok 7 years ago
tkubok
This is what i do not understand about this game.

In most cases, such as Pokemon, when a pokemon uses a skill, he cannot use another skill until his opponent has used his skill/made his move. What is the limit of time, between using something, and using something else? If its just up to the Leaders discression, that becomes a bit unfair, dont you think?
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Why do you think it's called the preparation room?
Posted by tkubok 7 years ago
tkubok
One more question. Can each team do things within the preparation room before the 5 minutes is up?
Posted by Kleptin 7 years ago
Kleptin
I like how it's 1 round in and everyone forgets the lack of gravity and how big a role it played in the book.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Yes.
Vote Placed by mongoose 7 years ago
mongoose
mongeesetkubokTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
mongeesetkubokTied
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 7 years ago
Chrysippus
mongeesetkubokTied
Vote Placed by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
mongeesetkubokTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
mongeesetkubokTied
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 7 years ago
Vi_Veri
mongeesetkubokTied
Vote Placed by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
mongeesetkubokTied