mongeese
Pikachu

Ultimate Team War - Gateway Planet

mongeese

Pro

This is Ultimate Team War - Gateway Planet. Each debater must assemble a team of three characters, and the teams will then fight to the death(ish). Since we cannot have an actual real-life battle, each debater will explain why their team is superior during this debate.

DEFINITIONS
Team leader: One of the debaters here, i.e. me or mongeese.
Team member: One of the three chosen warriors.
Team Pro: My team.
Team Con: My opponent's team.

RULES
1. Battles take place on Gateway Planet, the main planet of Gateway Galaxy (http://www.mariowiki.com...). For any conversions, assume Mario to be 1m tall.
The planet's escape velocity is assumed to be 11.2k/s. If any team member escapes the gravitational pull of Gateway Planet, that team member is disqualified.
2. There is no instant transportation of any kind.
3. All team members must be street level - their abilities must be on par with somewhat human level, like Batman or Spiderman, not Superman. If you are unsure of what constitutes a street level character, just ask.
4. Every team member must be either real or, if fictional, verifiably existent. No characters may be made up for the purpose of this debate.
5. In the case of a fictional character, the team member's abilities must be according to a specific canon chosen by the team leader.
6. Every character has only the equipment that they generally have in the specified canon.
7. Team members are absolutely loyal to the team leader, unless subjected to some form of mind control by the opposing team. All team members are still subjected to their own emotions, natures, or other psychological restrictions, however.
8. The team leader may not directly participate in the competition, but may only facilitate. The role of the team leader is to explain what the team would do and why it would win against the opposing team.
9. Neither team can have a member in common. If one team leader chooses a team member, the other team cannot have that person.
10. A team wins when all members of an opposing team are dead or unconscious. Characters who cannot be dead or unconscious are not allowed.
11. The winning team automatically receives Arguments and Sources. Conduct, in addition to regular things, goes to the person who follows the rules most effectively.

Round 1: Rule specifications; PRO unveils first two team members, CON unveils all three team members.

Round 2: PRO unveils his final team member and explains why his team is better. CON also begins his arguments.

Round 3, 4, 5: Arguments and rebuttals. CON may not present any new arguments during round 5, since PRO has no chance to rebut them.

Team Member 1: Toon Link, Hero of the Winds [1][2]

This is a very young Link. He is armed with a great variety of weapons from both Hyrule and the World of the Ocean King, including the Bow, Bombs, a Boomerang, Bombochus, a Hammer, etc.

Team Member 2: Sonic (video games) [3]

Sonic is the world's fastest hedgehog, capable of going faster than sound, even sometimes reaching the speed of light. He also has near-superhuman strength. He does not use the Chaos Emeralds in this fight. If he stays out of sunlight for too long, he turns into Sonic the Werehog, losing his speed, but gaining strength and flexibility.

I will post my last team member and begin my arguments in Round 2, after my opponent posts his or her team members.

Oh, and thanks to MTGandP for coming up with the entire concept of Ultimate Team War!

1. http://zelda.wikia.com...
2. http://zelda.wikia.com...
3. http://sonic.wikia.com...(character)
Pikachu

Con

I'm using various wikis as my sources, please accept my apology.

Member 1: Solid Snake [1]
Solid Snake is a primary character in the Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid game series. He is armed with guns, explosives, advanced camouflage systems, and physical and mental abilities beyond those of the average human.

Member 2: Captain John Price [2]
Captain Price is a talented SAS officer from the Call of Duty franchise, specifically Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. He is a time-tested soldier with extreme proficiency in many forms of weaponry.

Member 3: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden 2) [3]
Ryu Hayabusa is an exceptionally skilled ninja assassin. He is incredibly adept in the art of ninjitsu and is capable of using a plethora of deadly weapons including swords, flails, hammers, shuriken, and a bow. He is very nimble and is able to shrug off many small wounds.

[1] http://metalgear.wikia.com...
[2]http://callofduty.wikia.com...
[3]http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com...
mongeese

Pro

"I'm using various wikis as my sources, please accept my apology."
That's perfectly fine. I'm doing the exact same thing!

Team Member 3: Rhyperior (Pok�mon Battle Revolution) [1]

Rhyperior, the Drill Pok�mon. It is of the Rock and Ground types. It has high HP, Attack, and Defense. It has the ability Solid Rock, negating its Weaknesses. It holds a Focus Sash, allowing it to survive one attack guaranteed. Its attacks are Earthquake, Dig, Seismic Toss, and Rock Wrecker.

Now, on to the fight!

First, I would like to bring to your attention how powerful Rhyperior's Seismic Toss is (Video 1). It can blast an entire ton of Groudon to the outer limits of Earth's atmosphere, barely allowing it to come back to the surface. However, the distance from Gateway Planet to Earth is less than the distance achieved through Seismic Toss; therefore, if Rhyperior uses Seismic Toss at least parallel to the Earth's surface, the target would end up crashing into Earth instead, eliminated.

Here is my plan:

1. Sonic starts running around Gateway Planet's diameter, reaching extremely high speeds.
2. Link climbs up on top of the small castle, ready to snipe anything with bombs, arrows, a boomerang, his hookshot, a hammer, whatever.
3. Rhyperior uses Dig, creating tunnels in Gateway Galaxy, likely striking Team CON numerous times as well.
4. After Rhyperior is done, it joins Link on the castle.
5. Link climbs on Rhyperior's back.
6. Sonic starts running through the tunnels randomly, popping out of the ground unexpectedly, at extremely rapid speeds, with powerful force. Anything he collides into would sustain tremendous physical damage.
7. Rhyperior uses Rock Wrecker to fire at any members of Team CON not hit by Sonic.
8. After Sonic falls (if ever), Rhyperior uses Earthquake, shaking the entire planet and damaging all of Team CON.
9. Any survivors would be too damaged to resist as Rhyperior Seismic Tosses them down to Earth.

Other methods:

Sonic transforms into a Werehog by getting on the side opposite the Sun. He then grabs members of Team CON and hands them off to Rhyperior, who Seismic Tosses them to Earth.

Link sends off Bombochus through the tunnels, exploding on Team CON.

That will be all for now. Good luck, Pikachu!

1. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(Pok%C3%A9mon)
Pikachu

Con

Before I begin I would like to call the judges' attention to rule number 3.

That in mind, I would like to then ask the judges how a being "capable of going faster than sound, even sometimes reaching the speed of light" with "near-superhuman strength" is by any means street-level. Superman himself, the example given for beyond street level, cannot move at the speed of light. If we wish to get picky we could also argue that for my comparativey indequate team it would be impossible to track Sonic's movements were he moving at his highest potential (and in a battle to the death I doubt Sonic would slow down for the sake of fairness). I will concede that not even light itself travels instantaneously but over such small distances as those encountered in the cramped quarters of the Gateway Planet (and the "street level" nature of my own team) that for the sake of fairness Sonic should be disqualified.

Now let me begin my argumentation with the teams Rhyperior and Toon Link vs. Solid Snake, Captain John Price, and Ryu Hayabusa.

Solid Snake and Price quickly begin setting up claymores and C4 packs at key strategic locations (e.g. houses, the castle stairs, flower patches, warp pipes, and Rhyperior's own tunnel exits and entries) around the planet while Hayabusa begins clashing swords with Toon Link.

If Snake and Price were unable to set traps on the castle before Toon Link got there, Hayabusa would quickly move in and begin wreaking havoc on Toon Link with his swords, staff, scythe, claws, the infamous Vigoorian Flails, whatever.

This leaves Snake and Price to Rhyperior. Snake would distract Rhyperior with leftover ordance, making use of his camouflage systems to remain out of Rhyperior's sight while Price calls in devastating Predator missiles on Rhyperior. However, if Snake is unable to remain a safe distance away from Rhyperior or the Predator drone is made unavailable, Price will instead resort to heavy machinegun or large-caliber sniper fire, surely penetrating Rhyperior's iron defenses.

Once Rhyperior is down (and when double teamed by Solid Snake and Captain Price that wouldn't take long), my team would all move in toward the castle where Hayabusa has already done colossal damage to Toon Link with his superior weaponry and fighting skills. If Link hasn't fallen yet, Snake and Price will help Hayabusa make short work of him with their CQC (Close quarters combat) skills.

A final note:
I apologize if I am not supposed to be presenting counters to your team's strategies during this round (Rhyperior's tunnels and Link's position on the castle) but I contend that even with those elements of counter-attack taken from my own "plan" my strategies would work with equal effectiveness anyway.

Thank you and good luck.
mongeese

Pro

My opponent wishes to disqualify Sonic. However, I would like to point out a few things.

One, Sonic rarely actually goes at the speed of light. His usual speed is at a little above Mach 1, around 700 mph. Superman, meanwhile, can constantly go beyond the speed of light [1].

My opponent questions whether or not Sonic would slow down in a fight to the death. However, Sonic would probably underestimate my opponent's team members, and only go at 3,800 mph. I wouldn't even be able to ask him to go slower.

My opponent also has problems with the idea that he cannot track Sonic's movements. However, he doesn't even need to. Any attack in Sonic's path would eventually hit him (especially the mines), so there's no real problem.

So, Sonic is still perfectly susceptible to attacks, and still well below the strength of Superman.

My opponent has absolutely no plans on dealing with Sonic, who runs around Gateway Planet, randomly crashing into my opponent's team members.

Toon Link, being a rather fast character compared to the weighed-down military guys, would definitely reach the castle top before any mines could be placed. Link would be able to use Magic Armor [2] to protect himself from the initial blows from Hayabusa. Link could then use his trusted Master Sword and Hylian Shield to fend off Hayabusa. Sonic would then randomly pop in and use a Spin Dash to pummel Hayabusa, hopefully making him drop his weapon, exposing him to Link's onslaught. Of course, Rhyperior would damage everybody in this fight, although Sonic would be able to jump away thanks to his speed. He'd catapult out of a tunnel, and jump, and he'd probably take about ten seconds just to hit the ground.

To eliminate every single mine at once, Rhyperior would use Earthquake, severely damaging everybody.

I would like to note that calling in allies is not allowed, so Predator missiles would be unavailable.

My opponent hopes to then use a machine gun or sniper fire. Rhyperior would then respond with either another Earthquake, sure to interfere with their aim, or a Rock Wrecker, crushing their heads (or one of their heads, at least, then the other later).

After Snake and Price are knocked unconscious from boulders and earthquakes, Rhyperior would discard their bodies on Earth with seismic toss, then join Sonic and Link. Rhyperior would simply grab Hayabusa, and Link and Sonic could pummel Hayabusa to their heart's content. Rhyperior would then throw Hayabusa to Earth, defeated.

Now, with these plans, it is very important whether or not Rhyperior can survive the technological onslaught from Snake and Price. Well, Rhyperior's tough hide can withstand even volcanic eruptions [3]. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that even a machine gun can't penetrate solid rock. Finally, Rhyperior is resistant to Explosions [4]. Rhyperior would easily withstand sniper fire or machine gun fire long enough to let loose a few Earthquakes.

I do believe that that sums up. Good luck, Pikachu.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
2. http://zelda.wikia.com...
3. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries
4. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
Pikachu

Con

My opponent has challenged my disqualification of Sonic, as I had expected.

First off, 700mph is roughly 24 times the fastest recorded footspeed of a human.
Wikipedia: "The highest human footspeed ever recorded is 48 km/h (29.8 mph), seen during a 100 meter sprint by Usain Bolt."[1]

Secondly, 3800 mph is nearly 128 times faster than the fastest recorded footspeed of a human.

Both remote-detonated C4 and infrared-sensing Claymore mines have a slight delay in triggering, thus enabling Sonic to run past them with impunity. The only attack of mine Sonic is susceptible to is accidentally running into an explosion that is already occurring. I have no plans of dealing with Sonic because he has no place in this debate.

This brings me to Toon Link:
Toon Link's speed and agility simply cannot match that of the legendary Ryu Hayabusa. Not only that, one sword and one shield will not get much in the way of Ryu's devastating combos and his own Ninpo magic[2]. Even if Sonic were to be allowed into this melee and managed to make Ryu drop his weapon, the ninja has an impressive arsenal of deadly weapons always at hand. The "loss" of one weapon will not make for the death of Ryu Hayabusa.

Rhyperior's Earthquake is limited to 10 uses[3], by the way. Earthquake also affects everyone in battle but Rhyperior, so enjoy causing the same amount of damage you're so proud of to Toon Link every time you use it. Not only that, Rock Wrecker can be used a total of 5 times and Rhyperior must rest between shots[4], leaving him perfectly open for all sorts of hell. Also, please show me evidence that states that either Toon Link or Rhyperior could possibly know that a battlefield is mined. If Rhyperior had any brain at all it wouldn't even bother using Earthquake knowing that it would deal damage to his partner, so I daresay my mines are safe unless you want to break another rule (5, specifically) and assert that Toon Link is a Flying-type Pokemon. If you're going to tell me that Rhyperior doesn't even have the mental capacity to understand its own abilities, then my mines are toast and I'll have to resort to other methods.

My opponent then argues that Rhyperior would then fire off countless Earthquakes and Rock Wreckers (conveniently ignoring usage limitations and Rock Wrecker's cooldown in the process) in hopes to aggravate my team. However, the Gateway Planet is rich with cover and, if all else fails, my team members could resort to healing each other through careful use of Snake's rations and bandages.

My opponent's only real "defense" here is exactly that - Rhyperior's superhuman (see that word again?) defenses. My opponent also provides NO empirical evidence that neither Snake's nor Price's extensive arsenal has any stopping power against Rhyperior, instead choosing the phrase "pretty sure" to describe Rhyperior's chances at surviving being shot in the head by a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

Rhyperior's Defense may be staggeringly high, but it has pitifully low Special defense[5]. Thus, after Ryu makes short work of Toon Link, he will be able to use leftover Ninpo against Rhyperior. Since Ryu is gifted with ninja wisdom he will understand to deal at least neutral damage (sadly Ryu lacks any water- or grass- based Ninpo) by using the Art of Piercing Void[6], tearing through Rhyperior's body like a katana through paper.

Should anyone wish to believe that Sonic deserves a place in this debate, my plan for him is as follows:
First, be aware that Sonic's power derives from Rings[7]. Without them he is doomed to instant death upon damage. Since the Gateway Planet has no rings at all, one of Rhyperior's Earthquakes would kill Sonic instantly. That is all the plan I need.

My opponent's entire argumentation is either that one of his characters is NOT as strong as I have believed or STRONGER than I have bothered to argue. Toon Link is a joke and stands no chance against Ryu Hayabusa. In fact, his entire team stands no chance against mine. CON is the only choice here.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com...
[3]http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
[4]http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
[5]http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
[6]http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com...
[7]http://sonic.wikia.com...
mongeese

Pro

My opponent criticizes Sonic's legality for being much faster than a human. He has completely dropped any comparison with Superman. However, Spider-Man (a legal character) can run at up to 100 mph [1]. Now, just because Sonic is faster than Spider-Man in speed, doesn't mean he should be immediately disqualified. Spider-Man has much more strength than Sonic, and insanely more stamina.

Additionally, speed by itself isn't very useful in a fight. For example, in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sonic is insanely faster than any other character [2], but he's actually low-mid-tier due to his weaker attacks [3]. It doesn't really matter how fast someone can run if they can't attack with it.

My opponent claims to be unable to attack Sonic due to his fast speeds. However, I can already see a few ways how the opposing team could damage Sonic, which my opponent really should be able to come up with by himself. I'm not going to tell him how to defeat my own character.

Now, even if Team CON has no characters that could actually defeat anybody moving at mach speed, that's just his own fault. He could have easily prepared, as I mentioned Sonic in Round 1. I can think of numerous characters that can defeat Sonic while he's running around the planet. For example, Bowser (or any other fire-breather) could breath a steady stream of fire in on place, and Sonic would be bound to run into it. If anybody had damaging spikes, they could merely get in Sonic's way. Even the rather wimpy Spiny Buzzy Beetle (http://www.mariowiki.com...) could defeat Sonic all by himself, without getting hit once. Not every team member has to be defeatable by every possible set of three team members. That was never a rule.

In conclusion, Sonic is easily on par with Spider-Man or Batman, with only different strengths, not necessarily better, and if my opponent cannot think of a creative way to stop Sonic, then that's his own problem.

My opponent's only plan dealing with Sonic is to let Rhyperior kill Sonic with Earthquake. However, I already had a statement explaining how Sonic would dodge:
"Of course, Rhyperior would damage everybody in this fight, although Sonic would be able to jump away thanks to his speed. He'd catapult out of a tunnel, and jump, and he'd probably take about ten seconds just to hit the ground."
Therefore, my opponent has absolutely no plans to deal with Sonic. He will need to come up with a plan by next round, as last-round arguments are illegal.

Toon Link vs. Ryu Hayabusa

My opponent cites Ryu's being "legendary" as an excuse for superiority. However, the legacy of Link is also a legend itself. Ryu may have combos, but my opponent should source what combos are being used so that they can be properly countered. I can't be expected to just recite counters to a wiki's entire list of combos. As for Ninpo magic, Link can use the Mirror Shield [4] to reflect it back at Ryu. He also has his own magic weapons in the Fire, Ice, and Light Arrows [5], which can burn, freeze, or stun Ryu. Eventually, Ryu would be out of weapons thanks to Sonic, and Link would be able to get a few extra hits on Ryu while Sonic pummels into him. In short, Link can easily survive a fight against another magic swordsman, especially with the help of Sonic.

I have already acknowledged Earthquake's side effects.

Link and Rhyperior would know the planet is mined because they have eyes. They'd be able to see the military guys lay the minds out.

My opponent attempts to insult Rhyperior quite badly and claim that it would not use Earthquake if it realized that Link would be hit. However, Rhyperior realizes that collateral damage is required to win, and Link has his Magic Armor to protect himself initially, as well as a few fairies in bottles to revive him if need be.

I never said that Rhyperior's Earthquakes would be limitless; I really only need a few. Cover will not save Team CON from the entire planet shaking; it's rather unavoidable unless you fly, and Rhyperior would turn around and blow anyone who attempts to do so out of the sky with Rock Wrecker. Snake's rations and bandages would not be enough to recover from a full-blown Earthquake, especially given that Snake would be knocked unconscious.

My opponent calls Rhyperior's defenses superhuman, as though being superhuman is illegal. However, Spider-Man has superhuman strength and speed, so some aspects of superhuman-ness are obviously okay. My opponent criticizes my lack of evidence for the idea that bullets are generally harmless to rocks, but he provides no evidence to the contrary, leaving only speculation. Rhyperior's Solid Rock body is extremely dense, serving as strong as a ballistic vest, and would not be penetrated by bullets.

There's also the matter of curvature. Sniping anybody would be quite impossible, because you'd have to be about a meter away from someone so that the curvature of Gateway Planet wouldn't make them invisible to both yourself and your gun. Snake and Price would have to get very close to Rhyperior before needling away at his rock-solid body, at which point, Rhyperior would Seismic Toss them into the Earth.

My opponent also wishes for Ryu to defeat Rhyperior with the Art of the Piercing Void. However, how does this attack work? "Due to the force field's permeability, extreme space-time fluctuations occur near the surface of the ninpo attack that pulverize any nearby living matter." However, Rhyperior is not living matter, but solid rock, immune to the Art of the Piercing Void. Additionally, Ryu would have to get very close to Rhyperior to unleash the attack accurately, and Rhyperior would toss Ryu to New Mexico before the attack could even be unleashed.

My opponent brings up Sonic, with his only plan to defeat Sonic being Rhyperior's own Earthquake. However, I have already explained how Sonic would avoid Earthquake safely.

In conclusion:
Sonic and Toon Link would gang up on Ryu, slowly wearing him down in an epic sword fight until Ryu is defenseless and defeated.
Rhyperior unleashes consistent Earthquakes, damaging everybody except Rhyperior and Sonic (although Link would survive with Magic Armor and fairies).
Ryu tries to match Link, but is constantly hit by Sonic, losing weapons and taking damage.
Snake and Price cannot snipe at Rhyperior, as the curvature of Gateway Planet effectively prevents sniping.
After all of Team CON is knocked unconscious due to five or six Earthquakes, Rhyperior discards all of them to Vegas, where they eventually wake up and hit the slots.

1. http://spiderman.wikia.com...
2. http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com...
3. http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com...
4. http://zelda.wikia.com...
5. http://zelda.wikia.com...
Pikachu

Con

Pikachu forfeited this round.
mongeese

Pro

As my opponent has forfeited his last round, I shall summarize every point again.

1. Just because Sonic has superhuman speed doesn't mean he's illegal, as Spider-Man, an established legal character, has both superhuman speed and superhuman strength, as well as actual stamina.

2. Speed itself does not win fights.

3. There are numerous ways to attack Sonic while he is speeding around. I can think of some methods that my opponent could have used. For example, rapid-fire machine guns or the Art of Piercing Void would probably work, although my opponent may not actually use these, as they would be new arguments by the Contender in Round 5.

Ultimately, however, my opponent has absolutely no plans for dealing with Sonic, and therefore cannot win this debate.

4. Sonic can easily dodge Rhyperior's Earthquake.

5. Both Link and Ryu Hayabusa are legendary, with numerous weapons and magical abilities, so there's no reason to assume that one could outdo the other. However, Sonic and Link could defeat Ryu Hayabusa together.

6. Rhyperior would be able to see the mines being placed, and therefore use Earthquake to eliminate all of them.

7. Rhyperior's rock-hard defenses would protect him from sniper fire like a bullet-proof vest.

8. Given the curvature of Gateway Planet, it is impossible to snipe anybody in a straight line; a parabolic arc would be required. Bullets don't go in parabolic arcs. They go straight.

9. Rhyperior is made of rock, not living matter, so Art of Piercing Void would have no effect.

10. Ryu would have to get very close to Rhyperior to use Art of Piercing Void to see its lack of effect, and would be Seismic Tossed to New Mexico.

11. Earthquakes can destroy the grounded Snake and Price.

In conclusion:

I would like to thank Pikachu for this debate, and I hope that he comes back for the final round.
Pikachu

Con

My apologies for forfeiting my round 4 argument. I will now conclude this debate.
1. If Sonic's untrackable speed and colossal strength are not enough to disqualify him, either a stray bullet, an Earthquake, or Ryu's Art of Wind Blade ninpo should take care of him.

2. Toon Link, a mere boy with only a few years' worth of experience of swordplay, stands absolutely no chance against fabled Ryu Hayabusa, magic or no magic.

3. Snake and Price could make short work of Rhyperior with high caliber weapons and explosives even though my opponent believes otherwise. Maybe he's never heard of explosives-based strip mining or demolition.

In conclusion:
Sonic's attempts to knock a weapon or two out of Hayabusa's hands will be instantly foiled by one of the above listed methods (earthquakes, stray attacks, Art of Wind Blade's mechanics), leaving the less-experienced and less-equipped Toon Link helpless against Ryu.
Snake and Price strip mine Rhyperior to death. Or KO.

Thank you, Mongeese, for this debate. It was quite interesting.
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
This one ended up surprising me.

C: Pro - Con forfeited a round.
S/G: Tie
A: Tie - I scoffed at the idea of disqualifying Sonic until I carefully read Pro's source. Some of his abilities are truly beyond the acceptable scope here and I dismissed him. From there, we're left with Toon Link and Rhyperior against all of Con's team. However, Con's plans were unconvincing and somewhat vague, especially against Pro's pokemon. I don't see either side truly dominating and must leave this as a draw.
S: Tie
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
I forgot to finish reading this one after the forfeit. If I can remember, I'll read and vote tomorrow.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
"11. The winning team automatically receives Arguments and Sources. Conduct, in addition to regular things, goes to the person who follows the rules most effectively."
Posted by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Conduct: Pro - Con forfeited a round.

S/G: Tied

Arguments: Pro - For much of the debate, Con clearly had the advantage; however, near the end, Con left us with both a forfeit AND an extremely short final round, losing him all of the momentum that he had been building up to that point. In light of that, Pro's arguments, some of them new, were all I had left to vote on.

Sources: Tied - Both debaters used their sources very well, both offensively AND defensively.
Posted by Pikachu 7 years ago
Pikachu
It's pretty close.
Posted by LeafRod 7 years ago
LeafRod
You might have won anyway.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Two seven-point votes on the wall, two seven-point votes...
Posted by Pikachu 7 years ago
Pikachu
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that cost me this debate. Oh well.
Posted by LeafRod 7 years ago
LeafRod
Too bad Pikachu forfeited R3, because he was definitely winning.
Posted by Pikachu 7 years ago
Pikachu
Mongeese, I don't think I'll be posting my round 4 tonight (if you post yours, that is) so I'll take the time now to wish you and everyone a merry Christmas. Good night everyone, and happy holidays to our non-Christian colleagues.
Vote Placed by LaSalle 7 years ago
LaSalle
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by Pikachu 7 years ago
Pikachu
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by patsox834 7 years ago
patsox834
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by DZL 7 years ago
DZL
mongeesePikachuTied
Vote Placed by mongoose 7 years ago
mongoose
mongeesePikachuTied