Ultimate Team War Kiritimati

This is Ultimate Team War. Each debater must assemble a team of five characters, and the teams will then fight to the death(ish). Since we cannot have an actual real-life battle, each debater will explain why their team is superior during this debate.

It will take place on Kiritimati(1), a large raised coral atoll.

Team leader: One of the debaters here, i.e. me or my opponent
Team member: One of the five chosen warriors.
Team Pro: My team.
Team Con: My opponent's team.

1. The temperature is 30 degrees Celsius, with clear skies and no oncoming weather conditions. The time is noon, with the Sun directly overhead. The Island is inhabited with the same flora and fauna as it is in the present
2. The furthest bounds are one mile out from the island in any direction.
3. There will be no unlimited powers that cannot be resisted. If you're in doubt, just ask.
4. Other illegal powers include time travel and mind control (taking over an opposing character).
5. Any team member must be either real or, if fictional, verifiably existent. No characters may be made up for the purpose of this debate.
6. In the case of a fictional character, the team member's abilities must be according to a specific canon chosen by the team leader.
7. Every character has only the equipment that they generally have in the specified canon, or any equipment they would use in air combat.
8. Team members are absolutely loyal to the team leader. All team members are still subjected to their own emotions, however.
9. The team leader may not directly participate in the competition, but may only facilitate. The role of the team leader is to explain what the team would do and why it would win against the opposing team.
10. Neither team can have a member in common. If one team leader chooses a team member, the other team cannot have that character.
11. A team wins when all members of an opposing team are dead, unconscious, or essentially unusable. Characters who cannot be dead, unconscious, or unusable are not allowed.
12. Neither debater may create new arguments and plans after Round 3; they may only create new counter-arguments and clarify old arguments. In Round 5, CON may not produce new counter-arguments, except to counter PRO's new counter-arguments or clarifications.
13. The winning team automatically receives Arguments and Sources. Conduct, in addition to regular things, goes to the person who follows the rules most effectively. Please remember this rule.

Round 1: Rule specifications; PRO unveils first three team members, CON unveils all five team members. PRO also chooses the location of his team at the start of the fight; CON then chooses where to place his team members.

Round 2: PRO unveils his final two team members and explains why his team is better. CON also begins his arguments.

Round 3, 4, 5: Arguments and rebuttals. CON may not present any new arguments during round 5, since PRO has no chance to rebut them.

My first three team members-

Ikaros(2) from Sora No Otoshimono(in Uranus mode) she will have use of the powers in the weapons & abilities section of the wiki ( other then her transport card for it is to overpowered and breaks rules)

Gilgamesh(3) from Fate/Zero after he has gained energy drained from orphaned children so that he does not need a master around to sustain himself. He is wearing his golden armour created from energy, and access to Ea(4), Endiku(5), and The Gate of Babylon(as well as all the objects it contains)(6)

The Peace Walker (in Basilisk form)(7) from Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
It has access to it's standard and nuclear armaments and, is using mammal and reptile pod for thought processing.

I thoroughly read your debate rules and regulations and saw no specific series or comic set from which I must pick characters it seems ANY AT ALL EVER I can pick. So, believe me, I shall.

1. The revived Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ[1] in the Christian sense as considered part of the Holy Trinity but, for duration of fight, unable to convert into other two forms. He has the 'seven gifts' of the holy spirit[2] these are (1) wisdom, (2) science, (3) intellect, (4) counsel, (5) fortitude, (6) piety, (7), fear I can also state that although his ability to cause fear won't be invincible or unstoppable that it is at least as powerful as a form of Christian God can be just short of infinite. He will be my 'medic' for the team meaning that he keeps their morale high at all times and the opposition very low (this is not mind control but hormonal control), no matter how scared or downhearted they become. He can alter mood and surroundings miraculously after all. He can also uses God-powers to transmit ideas into my team's minds (this is not mind control just mind tactics within my own team, this is the "Jesus voice" or the "voice of God" many people hear.

2. Lucifer Morningstar (A.K.A. Satan) as defined by DC comics[3] having the following powers :

• Superhuman Strength

• Superhuman Durability

• Superhuman Stamina

• Energy Projection (To abide by rule 3 it is limited to his ability to focus, distractions shall be his sole weakness)

• Matter Absorption (To abide by rule 3, he is limited to absorbing whatever would not directly kill anyone only assist the killing of them)

• Reality Alteration (This might be labelled 'unstoppable' so I will state that he can only alter it to the extent that the Island stays intact and the people still recognise their team mates and can definitely use armour and weapons to their potential)

• Immortality (This is negotiable but he can definitely heal much faster than most characters known to the world of fantasy)

I would say that Lucifer's primary function is to alter the terrain and use energy projection to create a forcefield so that Jesus Christ and himself stay safe the entire time whilst making it like 'hell' for the enemies. As you said his loyalties lie with me, the leader, so any personal issues with Jesus are set aside (Jesus can use his power of counsel, wisdom and intellect to help Satan strategise helping others, which is his secondary function. Jesus is the ultimate motivator of the entire team and will help them remain brave, faithful to one another and fearing only him and no one else the whole time his powers lie with emotions thus leaving him near defenceless to physical attacks, hence this is where Satan comes in.

3. Wonder Woman[4]

Abilities are on site and I can't be bothered to type it ALL out (she has that many)

Lansarian Morphing Disk
: Wonder Woman has at her disposal a small lightweight disc of alien (Lansinar) technology that, when triggered by her thoughts, transforms into a transparent version of whatever object or vehicle is appropriate for her needs. The device has been used for several purposes, including a communication device, but is most frequently used by Wonder Woman in the form of an invisible jet plane, thus reintroducing this vehicle for the first time in post-Crisis continuity. She has also used the amorphous disc in partnership with Green Lantern's power ring, to hold Earth's moon together while shifting its orbit.

4. Goku. [5] Instead of writing out boring list of his amazing abilities I'll post video of him. Him and Wonder Woman are my Mêlée fighters.

5. BoB This is all :) Instead of 'indestructibility' think of more suitable word or whatever.

I place Holy Spirit of Jesus and Satan at highest ground possible whilst I just let goku and wonderwoman loose in pure rage form (but with Jesus altering their mood if it begins making them depressed, or to lose morale in any way). Blob is essentially what the bullet-proof vest is to the raid police. Goku can deflect any projectiles with his forcefield of rage but Wonder Woman CAN in the most unlikely circumstance of her extreme wearing out be pierced thus blob is always worn as her vest (he is stretched out into a tube and worn as such around her body the entire fight, if she dies it merely unravels around her reforms and absorbs the bodies of your men

If my people are all too overpowered then this fight is stupid because basically you will only let me pick people less powerful than yours.

I read your rules I have abided by them ok thanks.

[1] The Bible: New Testament by Jesus and his Homies

Thank you for accepting my debate, and well-played, but I believe that this fight is still far from over.

I will start by introducing my last two characters

Character 4) Godou Kusanagi(1) with access to his abilities on the site; those of a campione, the authorities of Verethranga, and Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi. All of these abilities are listed on the source

Character 5) Kiritsugu Emiya(2) with access to all his firearms and abilities on the site. He is an unconventional magus but my main reason for using him is his innate time control. I had trouble choosing a fifth character as I cannot find any gaps in my strategy (luckily that's your job) but I chose just in case something went wrong.

Now to explain why I believe my characters could surpass yours.

First, Jesus Christ.
By choosing Jesus Christ I believe you have made a grave mistake due to a lack of research into my characters, in your own source ( I would like to point out something it says in the foreword "As the Holy Spirit is a divine person, given by GOD to GOD himself, namely GOD the Father and GOD the Son, from whom It proceeds in an infinite and eternal procession, it is therefore fitting that we should compose some sermons about the seven gifts given by the Holy Spirit."
The important part here is that it states he is a divine person, therefore he will be rendered useless by Endiku(3) ". It is a chain named after his closest friend made to bind the gods so they cannot escape, making it one of the few anti-divine weapons that holds the concept of "reigning over the gods." The strength and durability of the chain grows stronger with the target having higher divinity, but is no more than a tough chain to a target without divinity. Divine targets are completely held in place" this would render him unusable.

Next Lucifer morning star,
I understand that he will be with Jesus at the time Gilgamesh arrives but Gilgamesh has a weapon to deal with him, Ea(4) "Preforming the miracle of genesis, the attack opens an abyss capable of crushing all of creation, and the center of the storm is not calm, but rather a hole to hell itself that returns all that enters its realm to the nothingness from which it originated" if he used this upon Lucifer, lucifer would be sent back to hell, Lucifer would be unable to defend because the weapon is capable of crushing all creation, and Lucifer s powers focus on creation. Now you could argue that this would not kill or hurt Lucifer, but that was not my plan, my plan was to send him back to hell and since hell is not in the specified arena Lucifer is disqualified.

Third, Wonder Woman
You broke a rule here, your source showed me a ridiculously long list of comics, some from different cannons, the rules clearly state you must select one cannon so Wonder Woman is completely ambiguous.

Fourth Goku
I suppose I could kill off Goku in a couple ways
For now I would use Godou kusanagi
He would defeat goku using "bull"(detailed on his wiki page from my first argument)
This authority grants him immense strength, this strength is limited to the amount needed to defeat the foe, so he would become slightly stronger than Goku, allowing him to win in melee combat, it has other limits as well such as not working against humanly possible amounts of strength (which Goku clearly exceeds)

Fifth B.O.B
Another character I have multiple ways to kill,
I would probably do it using ikaros's Hephaestus(listed on her wiki page in my original argument) sure it won't kill him, but it will vaporize him rendering him unable to battle

Good luck, I look forward to a good fight from both sides.

goku would destroy any peopel in strength and power, anb bob+wonderwoman is invincible as are jesus and satan I win you lose and I CBA with this anymore.

Sorry but your reply does not mean anything, because you failed to disprove my argument, and therefore it still stands. I've already stated that Jesus and satan are taken care of by Gil, Goku's strength doesn't matter because of Godou's authorities, Wonder Woman is ambigous, and BOB- unless proved otherwise, is vaporizable by Ikaros's Haephestus.

so because you say that first and i say mine after you win? lame...

I've proved all your arguements wrong and you have proved none of mine wrong, it's as simple as still have an opportunity to win, by rebutting my counter-argument or making more of your own arguements.

My team = awesome...

Kwurt forfeited this round.

And that, my friends, is that!
Posted by Kwurt 3 years ago

Huh? It's not for any series, if you want an example of an ultimate team war simply search ultimate team war on this site. You can choose any 5 fictional or characters as long as they abide by the rules posted in my first arguement. As for the first three members of my team they have been cited if you wish to examine them, also I have two more characters coming, as was outlined in the first round.
Posted by RationalMadman 3 years ago
um what series is this from
Posted by Kwurt 3 years ago
That was the idea, lesser known characters put my opponent at a disadvantage.
Posted by Maikuru 3 years ago
This is the first ultimate team war where I don't know any of the initial characters.
Vote Placed by singingboy2 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff