mongeese
davidhancock

Ultimate Team War - On Location

mongeese

mongeese

Pro

This is not a debate to immediately accept. If you are interested in Ultimate Team War, post a battle location in the Comments, and I'll challenge you to this debate customized to that location.

This is Ultimate Team War. Each debater must assemble a team of five characters, and the teams will then fight to the death(ish). Since we cannot have an actual real-life battle, each debater will explain why their team is superior during this debate.

DEFINITIONS
Team leader: One of the debaters here, i.e. me or my opponent
Team member: One of the five chosen warriors.
Team Pro: My team.
Team Con: My opponent's team.

RULES
1. This rule details the location.
2. This rule details the furthest bounds of the fight scene.
3. There will be no demi-god characters that are capable of travelling at ridiculous speeds, shattering almost any barriers in their way sustaining little damage to themselves, and wiping out anything, like Superman or Sentry, or anything more powerful than that. Nor will therebe any unlimited powers thatcannot be resisted.If you're in doubt, just ask.
4. Other illegal powers include time travel and mind control (taking over an opposing character).
5. Any team member must be either real or, if fictional, verifiably existent. No characters may be made up for the purpose of this debate.
6. In the case of a fictional character, the team member's abilities must be according to a specific canon chosen by the team leader.
7. Every character has only the equipment that they generally have in the specified canon.
8. Team members are absolutely loyal to the team leader. All team members are still subjected to their own emotions, however.
9. The team leader may not directly participate in the competition, but may only facilitate. The role of the team leader is to explain what the team would do and why it would win against the opposing team.
10. Neither team can have a member in common. If one team leader chooses a team member, the other team cannot have that character.
11. A team wins when all members of an opposing team are dead, unconscious, or essentially unusable. Characters who cannot be dead, unconscious, or unusable are not allowed.
12. Neither debater may create new arguments and plans after Round 3; they may only create new counter-arguments and clarify old arguments. In Round 5, CON may not produce new counter-arguments, except to counter PRO's new counter-arguments or clarifications.
13. The winning team automatically receives Arguments and Sources. Conduct, in addition to regular things, goes to the person who follows the rules most effectively. Please remember this rule.

Round 1: Rule specifications; PRO unveils first three team members, CON unveils all five team members. PRO also chooses the location of his team at the start of the fight; CON then chooses a different location at least X meters away from the one picked by PRO (determined based on the location).

Round 2: PRO unveils his final two team members and explains why his team is better. CON also begins his arguments.

Round 3, 4, 5: Arguments and rebuttals. CON may not present any new arguments during round 5, since PRO has no chance to rebut them.

This is where PRO chooses a location.
Team Member 1:
Team Member 2:
Team Member 3:
I will post my other two team members and begin my arguments in Round 2, after my opponent posts his or her team members.

Oh, and thanks to MTGandP for coming up with the entire concept of Ultimate Team War!
davidhancock

Con

my team will be matosomoto from the movie the last samurai i will also have willam wallace, dead pool from x-men, the rancor from star wars, just kidding goro from mortal kombat, and finally neo from the matrix (im running a matrix kritic so thought he should be in) let us begin my witty friend
mongeese

Pro

My opponent has ignored the so-large-I-can't-believe-you-didn't-see-it text at the top of Round 1. This leaves a more than a few problems in the debate's structure. In the comments, he claimed that he doesn't care where the location is; he'd better be ready to live by that choice. I shall choose the location in this round. I will then write the rules for the location, and choose my five characters. After that, the debate can proceed as planned.

1. The location shall be the atmosphere above a random Texas ranch. The ground is, for all practical purposes, completely flat. The air is calm, at a nice temperature of 70 degrees Farenheight.
2. The fight scene consists of a single cubic kilometer of air, directly above the ground. No team member may have any part of their body exiting this single cubic kilometer, nor may they touch the ground.

Each team shall start on one half of this cubic kilometer of air.

Now, for my team members:

Team Member #1: Gengar
More specifically, Agatha's Gengar. Under a full moon, this Pokémon likes to mimic the shadows of people and laugh at their fright.
Its wiki: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...

Team Member #2: Flygon
More specifically, Drew's Flygon. Flygon whips up a sandstorm by flapping its wings. The wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. Because the "singing" is the only thing that can be heard in a sandstorm, this Pokémon is said to be the desert spirit.

Team Member #3: Kirby
Kirby is Popstar's gluttonous hero. He eats things and gains powers from them. He can also float on air, and can run very fast. I am using the anime canon.
His wiki: http://kirby.wikia.com...

Team Member #4: Midna
She is a Twili Imp of great power. She possesses the Fused Shadows. She can turn into shadow or Twilight particles.
Her wiki: http://zelda.wikia.com...

Team Member #5: Count Bleck
He is a darkly motivated count from the Tribe of Darkness, appearing in Super Paper Mario. He shields himself through the power of the Chaos Heart that he managed to bring forth. He attacks using dark vortexes and energy shots, and has general levitation and flipping powers.
His wiki: http://www.mariowiki.com...

And... start!

At the start of the battle, all of Team CON fall to their deaths, making contact with the ground, disqualifying them. Everyone on Team PRO can levitate. I win.

Good luck, david. You'll need it.
davidhancock

Con

bro you never specified which texas so i take matrix texas since neo can defy the matrix he makes all of my men float game on
mongeese

Pro

My opponent has rather cleverly tried to turn Texas into "matrix Texas" in an attempt to give Neo his superhuman abilities as seen in the move. However, the Matrix actually has a fairly limited geography of locations [1], none of which are Texas. Matrix Texas doesn't exist, not even in fiction. Therefore, this is the Texas that I live in, not Neo's Texas; he does not have superpowers. With this in mind, all of Team CON falls to their deaths as planned.

In case my opponent can come up with some way to stop his team's near-inevitable fall, I have a back-up plan.

Count Bleck can approach each member of Team CON individually and flip them to the ground, disqualifying them.

Flygon can fly Kirby over to each individual member of Team CON. Kirby then eats that particular member. This procedure can be aided with Flygon's DragonBreath, stunning the foe and making them more easily consumed.

Midna can approach a foe and turn them into twilight particles; she can then reconstruct the target wherever she pleases. In this case, she pleases the enemy on the ground, disqualified.

Gengar's Double Team will make it difficult for it to be hit. Gengar can then use Hypnosis on anyone on Team CON, making them fall asleep and exposing their dreams to Dream Eater, which will be the finishing blow. In the event that this Texas somehow turns out to be the nonexistent Matrix Texas, this would put Neo to sleep, rendering his powers useless and everybody else weightful.

At the start, Kirby will attack Dead Pool, Midna Matosomoto, Count Bleck Goro, and Gengar Neo. Whoever is finished first takes care of William.

In that way, Team CON has no hope of survival, and I win. Good luck with your response, david.

1. http://matrix.wikia.com...
davidhancock

Con

davidhancock forfeited this round.
mongeese

Pro

All of my plans remain uncontested. Extend all arguments.

By Rule #12, my opponent may not create any new plans. As he had no plans originally, he cannot ever make plans, and therefore cannot win this debate.
davidhancock

Con

hey im sorry but im kinda done here you win good job
mongeese

Pro

My opponent has forfeited debate. His one rather clever argument wasn't enough.

Maybe we'll have a better debate in the future, david.
davidhancock

Con

yeah i had such a good arguement too this sucks but life moves on
Posted by davidhancock 5 years ago
davidhancock
sorry preping for national quals i didnt have time to get on here and forfiet
Posted by m93samman 5 years ago
m93samman
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFail
Posted by mongeese 5 years ago
mongeese
Nope.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
Unfortunate, is there a way to forfeit and not actually just extend the debate the full time pointlessly?
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
From even a quick scan of his other posts, he is involved in academic debate, he just does not treat DDO seriously and likely uses it to simply relax and have fun vs serious practice for his academic debates. You have to admit, the matrix counter was clever.
Posted by mongeese 5 years ago
mongeese
As long as each of his arguments are a single paragraph without a capital letter between them, n00b debater is still a n00b debater.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
n00b debater is maybe not a n00b debater
Posted by mongeese 5 years ago
mongeese
Didn't see that coming.
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
"bro you never specified which texas so i take matrix texas since neo can defy the matrix he makes all of my men float game on"

Epic.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
"The location shall be the atmosphere above a random Texas ranch."

Better hope Wallace has Stephen with his direct line to god.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
mongeesedavidhancockTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
mongeesedavidhancockTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's forfeit grants a full victory to Pro.