Lethargic
rajun

Ultimate "wrong" or "right"

rajun

Lethargic

Con

In case there's any confusion. I am saying that there isn't a wrong or right.

Universally and beyond, wrong and right do not exist. There is no such thing. Humans and organizations classify situations and actions by using the words "wrong" and "right" but those are nothing more than vocalizations and sound waves, words in a document, or ideas in the mind. It is technically false when someone declares anything to be right or wrong. Any occurrence is of natural means and cosmic law. What happens in any situation is the result of organic energy and atomic/molecular reaction, and human interaction falls within it all. For humans to decide whether certain events should or shouldn't happen for any reason, then that is only another example of matter reacting with matter.
rajun

Pro

I got 30 out of 100 in Mathematics because my answers were wrong.Now, I will just have to show this debate to my teacher and she will be forced to give me a perfect 100 !

Seriously though, I accept the challenge. Lets Debate.
Lethargic

Con

[I am somewhat coming to a conclusion suggesting that the only things correct are ultimate laws of matter/universe whether we discovered and perceived them yet/correctly or not.]

The incorrect answers on your test were not "wrong." They were simply not the answers your answer key or teacher had in store. You would simply have to elaborate specifically what was "wrong" and exactly why it was "wrong."

You see, the things taking place during a test, are molecules and atoms reacting with certain forces and other bodies of matter. The answers and attempts for the test are not tangible. They are not matter. What can be "wrong" or "right" in this occasion?
rajun

Pro

rajun forfeited this round.
Lethargic

Con

It's all quite interesting. Perhaps right and wrong are related only to ethics. But animals don't have right or wrong. Only "what I do/don't want" and "is/isn't beneficial to my survival." Can't dogs and other intelligent animals understand what a separate individual wants? Or even just whether they do or don't? What do they classify an action as if they know another animal does not desire it? Not "wrong," but simply unwanted. Most humans would say that urinating on the carpet is "wrong." That's not what a pet would think. The pet would only be influenced by encouragement or punishment, not morals or ethics.
rajun

Pro

rajun forfeited this round.
Posted by Vodkacannon 3 years ago
Vodkacannon
I say there is no such thing as an ultimate wrong or right. It's a fuzzy concept. Wrong and right are two different path's that are used by our human mind to subjectively classify things to suit our needs in survival. One person's "right"might not necessarily be another person's "right," when it comes to a certain topic.

Wrong and right are ultimately subjective ideas.
Vote Placed by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
LethargicrajunTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: FF. Arguments: Con said that "the only thing correct are [...]" which means that there IS a "right" or "wrong", so Arguments to Con due to concession.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
LethargicrajunTied
Reasons for voting decision: The resolution is foolish and Pro's offhand example of a math test sufficed to defeat it. Con seemed to admit that with his remark about maybe he meant morality, so h could argue that serial killers are not "wrong." To have a chance, Con needs a lot of work on the resolution. Pro loses conduct for the forfeits. The debate blew up on the launching pad.
Vote Placed by NiqashMotawadi3 3 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
LethargicrajunTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Both participants made bad arguments.