lord_starscream
Sidnix111

Ultron ( pro) vs Vision (con) movie version

Started: 5/21/2015 Category: Movies

lord_starscream

Pro

Open debate accept and prove vision can beat ultron in a scenario
Sidnix111

Con

It doesn't matter what kind of scenario is there, Vision is the perfected form of Ultron, only more human ( that is Ultron might not have feelings for mankind, whereas Vision has). And it is proven in the movie, when at last we see those two face to face, where Vision destroys Ultron with the infinity gem.( I think that is what it was called).
lord_starscream

Pro

No, Vision didn't beat Ultron, Iron man and Thor helped him. And I am talking about a one-on-one combat scenario where Vision and Ultron are cut off from reinforcements. There are 6 infinity stones, and Vision has the one called the Mind Stone.

If Ultron's boss model of Vibranium fights with Vision, Vision would be impacted harder as his body is human, enhanced but still human, and therefore would feel more damage and fatigue than a robot. Although Vision can shut Ultron out from the internet, he had to make contact with his skull, and Ultron wouldn't allow that this time unless he is given rhetoric lines again. So, if somehow the indestructible Vibranium gets destroyed, Ultron can just hop on to the internet, find a factory and manipulate metal in it to make another robot. Ultron and Vision have their own lasers that are equally matched, as if Vision pushes his power to more lengths the Mind Stone would explode and kill him, and Ultron would win. Even Ultron wins in hand-to-hand combat, for if he can throw Captain America's shield as if they were playing tennis then Vision's human moves would be no match to the metal. Both can fly, so that is a draw. However, Ultron can theoretically reach space, while Vision needs oxygen.
If there is any power of Vision I overlooked in the movie, I await Con to remind me.
Sidnix111

Con

First of all, I hope I'm putting all the right facts. Secondly, the Vision's powers you may have overlooked.
i) His strength;- Vision has strength which exceeds the Hulk or any other human being.
ii) His forward thinking;- Vision can anticipate any move made by Ultron. As Ultron and Vision are from the same source code.
iii) Vision can become extraordinarily massive, He can time travel, shapeshift etc.
So even if he is on his own, he is after all an AI ( with human feelings and emotions). So he can shut out Ultron from the internet and keep him out, as he can anticipate Ultron's every move. As for the Vibranium, a small crush of the hand by Vision is his massive state will destroy it. Even if that doesn't work, he can emit micro radiation beams which could destroy Ultron. If Pro wants to specify which version of Ultron and Vision are fighting, I can give several other arguments.
If I have made some mistake, please enlighten.
lord_starscream

Pro

Conclusion- Ultron's boss model (vibranium, giant size) is stronger than Vision as Ultrron is still a robot but Vision chose a human form. Plus the debate title says 'movie version and some of your facts weren't showcased-
1) Strength- Vision was flung away by Ultron. Ultron is metal and Vision is organic. Plus the massive size ability hasn't been used in the movie and nor is spoken about, therefore one can assume you are talking about the comics.
2) Anticipation- This should be able to work both ways, as Ultron is also from the same code. Plus the artificial intellligence alters (Ultron wanted no avengers at first, then chose to destroy the world) so Vision will not be able to predict much with his own code mutating and evolving due to learning gained from experience.
3) Internet- Vision had to touch Ultron skull with both his hands to close the wifi off. Ultron wouldn't taken aback this time as he wasted time on rhetoric, and plus he could add more metal layers to make Vision's power ineffective.
4) Beams and lasers- Vision and Ultron have nearly the same power of lasers as Vision's infinity stone may be overloaded and explode if too much is utilized.
5) Super-strength- Altough Vision can pick up Thor's hammer, Ultron can survive a beating from it even being not worthy. Playing around with Captain America's shield, Ultron is bulkier than Vision and has a reasonable speed for hand-to-hand combat.
Therefore, Ultron's movie version is much more powerful than Vision, for Vision is mixed with J.A.R.V.I.S. AI and unfortunately is human and can feel damage and fatigue. Ultron won't feel much from his torso unless he really loses too many parts. Ultron is basically a overpowered model of Iron man, and Vision can't beat this suit.
Sidnix111

Con

Vision's powers shown in Avengers;AOU is limited as he has much more future in the Marvel Universe ( ATQ movies). But Ultron doesn't. Ultron's story ended with Avengers : AOU . Therefore, there has been a real effort to show and magnify the powers of Ultron, whereas Vision's powers might be revealed in Captain America : Civil War and perhaps in Avengers: Infinity War. So you cannot say that the movie version of Ultron is better than Vision. But I concede that in this particular movie, Ultron is stronger. That is only because the writers didn't feel the need to reveal all of Vision's powers. I guess I seem a bit naive here but any Avengers' powers have been taken from the comic, so I believe it would be better to have this debate after the two movie I have mentioned have released. But since there are no more rounds, I guess you win only because Vision's powers have not yet truly been revealed.