Sasoto
Stage13-10

Undertale is an incredible game.

Started: 6/7/2016 Category: Games

Sasoto

Pro

I believe that Undertale is an incredible game.
The first round is acceptance.

Rules:
1) The second round is for arguments only, no rebuttals.
2) The third round is for rebuttals and extra arguments.
3) The fourth round is for rebuttals only, no arguments.
Stage13-10

Con

I will challenge you!
1) I will accept
2) Yeah, okay
3) Sure, why not.
Sasoto

Pro

First off, I believe that Undertale is an incredible came because of the characters. Sans, in the genocide route, is the brother of Papyrus. He seems to be a relaxed person in his first appearance and sticks with his brother. However, as the story progresses, Sans gives warnings to the player, to not kill any more monsters. Because the player failed to do this, and killed all of what Sans loved, he was put in a battle near the end. Sans gives the player one of the hardest times in the game. After he is defeated, he asks if Papyrus wanted anything, showing how much he misses him. Undertale makes a sad, but understandable transition of Sans being relaxed and happy to him being revengeful and depressed. This is one reason why Undertale is an incredible game.

Secondly, Undertale is unique! Just near the start of the game, the player is told not to kill any monsters. This is optional, but will decide any fates in the future. If the player does not kill any monsters, then they would be able to go into the pacifist route, leading to a different plot. If they do kill monsters, they can either go to the neutral route or the genocide route. This is an unique feature that gives you choices for how the story plays out. Undertale is an incredible game because of this.
Stage13-10

Con

Firstly, I don't believe it's an incredible game because, when you're told not to kill all the monsters at the beginning of the game... yet all the monsters actually go out of their way to end your life. Yet with all these monsters actively trying to kill you, you can't defend yourself, otherwise you're an evil monster. The game is essentially forcing you take the pacifist path, because apparently, you're a genocidal maniac if you defend yourself from a monster that is going to kill you.

Secondly, some of the characters are really bland, and do nothing to advance the plot in game whatsoever. Like for example, there's Mad Dummy, who is just a boss you encounter at random and is never heard from again. And then there's Napstablook, a ghost you fight also, and is also never heard from again. Some of these characters do absolutely nothing and are never heard from again.

Thirdly, the game doesn't become so original, when all it takes to implement the same system where you don't needlessly kill, all anyone needs to do to make a game like that is to add a karma meter to their game, where if you do bad things, bad things happen to you, and if you do good, good things happen. That's exactly how Undertale's ending system works.
Sasoto

Pro

Sasoto forfeited this round.
Stage13-10

Con

Well, to be fair, the game really DOES have some good sound effects and music.
Sasoto

Pro

Sasoto forfeited this round.
Stage13-10

Con

Okay... I guess we're done here...
Posted by CharizardZero 1 year ago
CharizardZero
Well, it seems good, but WAY too overrated. But the soundtrack is GODLIKE.
Posted by LastSaga 1 year ago
LastSaga
Oh Oh God No
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I think Undertale is a great game. But I personally think it's way too popular. References everywhere! I certainly don't wanna have a bad time... ;P
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
I'm willing to debate you, if you want.