Roboman1723
ThatSteven

Uni-sexual bathrooms should exist in America because transgendered people call for them

Roboman1723

Con

On account of being new to this site I can't accept any debates so I guess I'll just make a few.

Format:
R1: Acceptance (No arguments)
R2: Opening arguments
R3: Rebuttals
R4: Closing (No new arguments or forfeit)

---

My claim: Uni-sexual bathrooms should not exist in America because transgendered people call for them.

I look forward to whoever I debate, good luck!
ThatSteven

Pro

Evolutionarily speaking, we have up until recently, been in a situation where only two genders have existed: male and female. As part of evolution (as we are as part of the universe as anything else) we have developed science. Science has now got to the point where we can blur the line between genders, define what makes us a particular gender, and manipulate those characteristics in such a way that we can switch from one to another. It is also the case that we can be more aware of cases where neither gender is applicable.

Heterosexuality is also no longer the only persuasion as far as society goes. If you consider the concept of separate gender bathrooms this makes sense in a world where everyone is expected to be heterosexual. Men were not wanted to engage in inappropriate behaviour with women in the bathroom and vice versa. So they were separated.

However now many sexual persuasions are more common: men attracted to men and women attracted to women. Having separated bathrooms for the different genders no longer separates people from each other in such a way that inappropriate behaviour can no longer occur.

In this new modern world where there are so many boundaries being blurred and so many different persuasions, it would make more sense to have a system of unisex toilets. It would make sense to me that each toilet was an individual toilet much the same way that a disabled toilet is an isolated toilet. I personally would prefer this because I do not enjoy using the men's bathroom while someone else is using it. I do not find this particularly hygienic and I don't think it is as private as it should be. You would improve hygiene for everyone, you would improve privacy for everyone, and most importantly to this debate you would provide suitable toilets for every gender and everyone in between.
Roboman1723

Con

Roboman1723 forfeited this round.
ThatSteven

Pro

ThatSteven forfeited this round.
Roboman1723

Con

Roboman1723 forfeited this round.
ThatSteven

Pro

ThatSteven forfeited this round.
Roboman1723

Con

Roboman1723 forfeited this round.
ThatSteven

Pro

ThatSteven forfeited this round.
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
This argument is like whether men should put up the toilet. Just go to the Bathroom.