butterflyprincess3
Teemo

Unicorns are superior to pegasi

Teemo

butterflyprincess3

Pro

I believe that unicorns are superior to pegasi. If you disagree and have good reasons for it, you can challenge me. Round 1 is accepting only.
Teemo

Con

I accept. I will be arguing in favour of a pegasus being a superior being compared to a unicorn.
butterflyprincess3

Pro

Thank you for accepting. I will begin with my first two argument, which are about the unicorn's transformation powers and healing powers. I was unable to write down my third point because of busy things I was doing in the past few days (a field trip, strings concert, etc.), but hopefully I can write that down in the third round, even though this is unnatural behavior.

1. Transformation Powers
First of all, unicorns can transform into different shapes using their magical powers. Some unicorns can even make fake wings, which will give them the power to fly and even become equal to pegasi. The pictures below are not photoshopped or edited in any possible way. In fact, they are actually from an episode of a television show called "My Little Pony" in which a magical unicorn named Twilight Sparkle helps her friend Rarity, who is a unicorn, gain wings through a powerful spell. Unicorns can also transform into people, inanimate objects, and other animals. In this way, unicorns are very overpowered and can defeat nearly any person in a battle, simply by transforming into an animal of greater power than its opponent.

2. Healing Powers
Unicorns can also help heal other creatures. Their horn generates energy which creates force fields to protect other creatures and can also heal burn, bruises, cuts, scrapes, scratches, etc. Unicorns could possibly even be the cure for world cancer (that is, if they existed). In this way, unicorns are priceless. They are also immortal, which makes them even better, since they can help others forever and ever and ever. The precious unicorn species are very important. On the other hand, pegasi cannot help out people at all. They can only flit around helplessly and watch the mystical unicorn do mystical unicorn things.

Unfortunately, I do not have enough time, so next round I will make up for it by posting a few other of my points. I did not have enough time this round because of my schoolwork. Please forgive me. This round you will post a few of your main arguments and rebuttals against my two arguments.
Teemo

Con

I thank my opponent for the responce. I apologize for your lack of time to have to debate this topic. Regardless, I will now rebute, and state some of my opinions on why a pegasus is a much better being than a unicorn.

REBUTTALS

I) First of all, a pegasus contains all power of a unicorn. They are capable of all things unicorns can do, and more. A pegasus is also capable of transforming. There are even games involving pegasus transformation. [1] So a pegasus is capable of transforming as well. Furthermore, if a unicorn transformed into a pegasus, they are now a pegasus, no longer a unicorn. A unicorn with wings is automatically a pegasus. So using that power, rariety was no longer a unicorn, but a pegasus. So unicorns can't have wings, only a pegasus can.

II) As mentioned previously, pegasus contain all powers of a unicorn and more. Their horns are also capable of healing. And in greek mythology, where ever a pegasus lays his hooves, a healing spring is born. [2] The pegasus even own the raindom waterfall springs, which can heal any sickness, even some that aren't real. It can even heal things such as down syndrome and depression. It is also known to regenerate body parts. [3]

So as you can see, a pegasus has all the powers of a unicorn. Also, they have wings, something a unicorn can't have unless they specifically become a pegasus. Furthermore, a pegasus can make healing springs without magic power, which I will explain later.

CONTENTION I: MAGIC POWER

Everything has limit. There is always a boundary to how much you can do something, magic is no exception. For example, do you see goku turning into a monkey, going super saiyan, kaio ken shooting a billion spirit bombs? Of course not! There is an amount of energy he can use, and take from all beings. Do you spam ap skills non stop in LOL? Of course not! (except for URF, which is already over). There is always a limit.

Now using your powers takes magic power. When a unicorn or a pegasus heal using their horns, they use magic power. The more power they use, the less they have. However, when a pegasus creates a spring, he has no choice, it automatically happens, no magic power is used, only pure ability. It's like photographic memory over studying, when studying you use energy, with photograhpic memory, you practically don't try, but still get the same or even better outcome. The same applies to unicorns vs. pegasus. Unicorns need to use their powers (studying) whereas pegasus don't even need to try to heal creatures.(photographic memory.

So pegasus can heal without the amount of power required. This makes them superior, because they can use more power this way, since they have more leftover. A unicorn however needs to use their power for all skills they contain.

CONTENTION II: GREEK MYTHOLOGY

The pegasus is much more important in greek mythology than a unicorn. They had much importance, since they made it easier for the gods to transport into other areas. It is reported that a pegasus was responsible for carrying Zeus' lighting bolts to him. Pegasi were very important in greek mythology, and saved many gods, something a unicorn never did. The only place where unicorns are powerfull is in My little pony, where they are actually magical ponies who are capable to transform into unicorns and pegasus. In greek mythology, the place where both species originated, pegasus presented more importance over a unicorn.

Also, pegasus were born after medusa was slain, and they feasted on her blood. It is reported that because of such, they were capable to gain medusa's powers as well, and could turn people into stone. However, since they have more magic power, they are able to control the power, and turn people into stone at command. Medusa couldn't control her power, if you looked into her eyes, you instantly turn into stone. A pegasus however only turns people into stone if they present a threat to their master.

So pegasus has more powers, and are more loyal. Furthermore, they are much more important than unicorns.

-------------------------------

In all fairness, I will only create these 2 contentions. Since my opponent did not have much time, I find it unjust to make anymore contentions than them. Back to you pro!

SOURCES:

1.https://www.google.ca...

2.http://en.wikipedia.org...

3.http://happilyeverafterranch.blogspot.ca...;
butterflyprincess3

Pro

Thank you for your speedy and intelligent response. I apologize once again for my weak arguments and I hope you can forgive me. This round, I will start with my rebuttals to your rebuttals, and after that, I will state my rebuttals to your arguments.

Rebuttals to your Rebuttals

1. Unicorns are capable of much more advanced transformation than pegasi. Simple games for very young children do not show any proof of the pegasi's skills. Also, if a unicorn transforms into a pegasus, they usually still keep their magical horn and therefore are not pegasi. In fact, unicorns with wings turn into a completely different creature called an alicorn (1). For example, if I suddenly gained a unicorn horn, I would not be a unicorn. I would simply be a mixture of a human and a unicorn. The same logic applies to if a unicorn gained pegasus wings.

2. A unicorn's horn is more overpowered than a pegasi's hooves. If a pegasi's hooves are cut off, the pegasi loses all of it's healing powers. Healing springs are very overrated; there are plenty of things that could go wrong with healing springs. For instance, if there is an evil monster that is finally harmed, and the monster happens to cross the spring and heal himself, then the monster will continue its path of destruction and the townspeople will have to fight it again. However, if the monster tries to heal himself through unicorn powers, the unicorn will most likely rebel against the monster and refuse to heal it.

Rebuttals to your Arguments

1. Obviously unicorns do have limits to their magic, but so do pegasi. Unicorns have powerful horns that can even exceed the pegasus (2). In the medieval ages, it was believed that the horn of a unicorn was so magical that it could heal any wound. I also pointed out that the pegasi's spring could be misused by villanous creatures with malicious intent. And since pegasus barely try to heal while unicorns try very hard, the unicorns have a greater effort and will obviously be appreciated more than pegasi.

2. Your theories of Greek mythology of the pegasus powers are very unrealistic. You also have a few spelling errors. In My Little Pony, the show tries to create a more modern and realistic interpretation of what a young child will think of a unicorn or a pegasus. Medusa was slain by Poseidon, so you have zero evidence that there is actually a theory that pegasi drank Medusa's blood and gained the power to turn people into stone just by looking into their eyes.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org...

(2) http://magicofunicorns.tripod.com...
Teemo

Con

REBUTTALS

"1. Unicorns are capable of much more advanced transformation than pegasi. Simple games for very young children do not show any proof of the pegasi's skills. Also, if a unicorn transforms into a pegasus, they usually still keep their magical horn and therefore are not pegasi. In fact, unicorns with wings turn into a completely different creature called an alicorn (1). For example, if I suddenly gained a unicorn horn, I would not be a unicorn. I would simply be a mixture of a human and a unicorn. The same logic applies to if a unicorn gained pegasus wings."

First of all, there is no proof supporting they have more advanced transformations. Infact, they can't even transform, only a pegasus can according to greek mythology. You know why greek mythology is the most important souce? Because it is where unicorns and pegasi orginated. Thus, all information you have is false, since they only come from modern perspectives. Mine however comes from their original and only true story. Unicorns according to greek mythology are not able to transform, they can however heal. Furthermore, a pegasi has more power, and less effort because of the previously mentioned springs. Alicorns are only modern takes on the original tale that aren't factually proven. According to greek mythology, unicorns were unable to transform, however pegasi could.

"2. A unicorn's horn is more overpowered than a pegasi's hooves. If a pegasi's hooves are cut off, the pegasi loses all of it's healing powers. Healing springs are very overrated; there are plenty of things that could go wrong with healing springs. For instance, if there is an evil monster that is finally harmed, and the monster happens to cross the spring and heal himself, then the monster will continue its path of destruction and the townspeople will have to fight it again. However, if the monster tries to heal himself through unicorn powers, the unicorn will most likely rebel against the monster and refuse to heal it."

First of all, a pegasus' healing comes from both it's hooves and it's horn. Furthermore, if you cut off a unicorn's horn, it losses it's only ability, healing. If you cut off both the hooves and horn of a pegasus, they are still capable of flying. Also, healing springs can heal without effort. Also, the springs only heal those who are pure. Refer to my previous source for evidence. So an evil monster would not be able to get healed, unless the owner of the pegasus allows it. The unicorn would be eaten.

"
1. Obviously unicorns do have limits to their magic, but so do pegasi. Unicorns have powerful horns that can even exceed the pegasus (2). In the medieval ages, it was believed that the horn of a unicorn was so magical that it could heal any wound. I also pointed out that the pegasi's spring could be misused by villanous creatures with malicious intent. And since pegasus barely try to heal while unicorns try very hard, the unicorns have a greater effort and will obviously be appreciated more than pegasi."

First of all, your source only explains the power of the true horn, it does not compare it to a pegasus horn. Secondly, it has no sources of evidence. Thus, this proves nothing. According to the only viable source, greek mythology, a pegasus has all powers and more. Pegasus try just as hard. You have no proof they don't. Also, unicorns only heal wounds, pegasus heal all illness, wounds and even depression. The creature must be pure to be healed by the healing springs.

"2. Your theories of Greek mythology of the pegasus powers are very unrealistic. You also have a few spelling errors. In My Little Pony, the show tries to create a more modern and realistic interpretation of what a young child will think of a unicorn or a pegasus. Medusa was slain by Poseidon, so you have zero evidence that there is actually a theory that pegasi drank Medusa's blood and gained the power to turn people into stone just by looking into their eyes."

The theories on greek mythology are the only viable ones, since it is the original. My little pony is a fictional television show backed up by no proof a unicorn is capable of such. Furthermore, they change everything in order to appeal to children, thus unviable. It is nor realistic, nor viable. What proof do I have of pegasi feasting on medusa's blood? Greek mythology, the only viable source and the source I presented last round. Furthermore, you obviously know nothing of greek mythology, since it was perseus who slayed medusa.

====

In conclusion, pegasus are superior due to the fact they have more powers, and can even create healing springs. Furthermore, they aren't tryhards like unicorns. Also, they are much more important in the original history, greek mythology. They are faster, more powerfull and capable of flying, something a unicorn just can't do. I presented viable sources, whereas my opponent prosented proof from a children's television show that is only made depending on the ratings.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
teemo, your opponent may be the closest anyone has ever came to beating you in a legitimate debate. And she narrowly beat me!
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
butterflyprincess3TeemoTied
Reasons for voting decision: very difficult to tell, argument wise, but con provided sources