TMBTay
blackhawk1331

Uniforms For Schools

TMBTay

Con

Teachers are trying to get school officials for school to make UNIFORMS! I understand this would eliminate many things in schools, but dress codes and punishments for defiance should just be lifted. Please debate me and give me a good debate on this subject!
blackhawk1331

Pro

It doesn't seem that my opponent has made any arguments. They seem to have just given a basic reason for their position. Therefore, I will allow them to make their arguments in round 2. Then, I will refute theirs, and make my own.

To my opponent:
If the few points in round one where your opening arguments, please say so in round 2, and leave it at that.

Thank you for issuing this debate, and good luck.
TMBTay

Con

If school uniforms were made, that would eliminate freedom and uniqueness upon first impression for children. I beleive that if uniforms were made, everyone would be beleived as the same and boring. As uniforms may help some issues with dress codes and how girls and guys dress, it would punish the ones that dress correctly for nothing.

And also, good luck to you also
blackhawk1331

Pro

Ok, well your main argument seems to be that uniforms would eliminate kids ability to express themselves. This doesn't require much of a rebuttal. Sure, no uniforms allows kids to express themselves, but that can be negative. You have to think that there are those girls who dress like sluts, and boys who dress like trailer trash. In the case of the girls, that could lead to rape. As for the guys, they're going to get a bad reputation from the start. Also, you must remember the people who are poorer. They can't necessarily afford nice clothing. So, they get made fun of by those who are wearing designer clothes and things like that.

Now, I would assert that what you wear can affect your personality to some extent. In my school at least, the girls who like like sluts are sluts. The girls who look smart generally are. The guys who look like trash are, and the ones that look smart are. Now, some of them I know personally. A few years ago, when they wore different clothes, they were good people. Now, those same people have changed their clothes, and become delinquents. Now, if everyone were dressed in uniforms, the general attitude would be different, and test scores and success rates my be higher.

This is all for now. If I think of something else, I'll bring it up.

Thank you and good luck.
TMBTay

Con

TMBTay forfeited this round.
blackhawk1331

Pro

Extend all arguments. Thank you.
TMBTay

Con

TMBTay forfeited this round.
blackhawk1331

Pro

Extend all arguments. Thank you.
TMBTay

Con

TMBTay forfeited this round.
blackhawk1331

Pro

Extend all arguments. Thank you.
Posted by randolph7 5 years ago
randolph7
errr.. pro
Posted by randolph7 5 years ago
randolph7
If I could vote, it'd go to Con. RFD: forfeit
Posted by BangBang-Coconut 6 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
there are a lot of schools who don't have uniforms.
My school didn't
Posted by TMBTay 6 years ago
TMBTay
Some do, of course, but where I live (wake county) not a lot have uniforms. School officials are trying to get them. If they got them, that would eliminate creativity for the kids.
Posted by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
Pretty Sure, Most school have uniforms.
Of Course they don't make them but still.