STALIN
DudeStop

Uniforms at School!

STALIN

STALIN

Pro

I will be arguing that students should have to wear uniforms at schools. My opponent will be arguing against this. This is a tournament debate: http://www.debate.org...

6,000 characters per round.
4 rounds.
2 weeks voting time.

First round is for acceptance. Good luck to my opponent.
DudeStop

Con

Good luck Pro.
STALIN

Pro

My Arguments:

-Uniforms ensure equality among students. If children wear uniforms then they cannot be judged by what they wear. [1]

-Uniforms make students less self-conscious of their appearance. Students would not have to have to stand in front of the mirror for half an hour every morning to decide if their outfit is good enough or what outfit to wear. This argument can be applied to many students, especially girls.

-It shows signs of respect and politeness. You show respect to your school and teachers when you wear uniforms.

-Uniforms save money. When you only have to wear two outfits a week that aren't your school uniform, you can have a more limited selection of clothing. You do not have to buy as much clothing, and therefore, you save money. In low income areas, uniforms would be a good idea because parents wouldn't have to worry about buying all sorts of new clothing for their children and children wouldn't feel pressured to have new cloth items to fit in because everyone would have the same clothing as they did.

-Uniforms enforce discipline. Students are made to wear uniforms instead of whatever they want.

-Teachers don't have to worry about dress code.

Things to worry about in dress code:

hats/hoods
really short shorts/skirts
etc...

If there are uniforms then everybody will be dressed appropriately. This would give teachers one less thing to worry about.

-It helps prepare students for their future jobs. Students learn how to dress appropriately for work. If they dress in t-shirts and jeans while they go to school then they might think that this would be OK to do when they go into jobs as adults. If this is what they learn at school, then this is what students would do as adults. I understand that there is always a good chance that parents might teach students how to dress appropriately but this doesn't always happen. [2]

-School uniforms could lower the cases of bullying within schools. In many cases kids are insulted and picked on because of the clothes they wear and how they look. If all students wear the same thing it would be very hard almost impossible to make fun of someone who is wearing the same thing as you.

-Making all children wear school uniforms would make them put more focus on school work. Kids wouldn't be constantly looking at what others are wearing and thinking about what they should be wearing. In addition to this, students often waste a lot of time shopping. If students had to wear uniforms then they wouldn't need/want to shop as much since there would never be a chance to wear the as much cloths.

-Uniforms save water. This might seem like an odd argument at first site. However if you think about it, this argument would start to make more sense. Students would only have 2 uniforms per weak and wouldn't have as much chance to wash them. Today, many students wear one pair of jeans, one t-shirt, and one sweater per day and wash seven pairs of all three items every day. Students wouldn't have 5 uniforms (one for each school day) and as a result, a lot of water would be saved.

-What studies show. Some studies show that school uniforms might help attendance and graduation rates.

Studies show that having students wear uniforms would help them get through school.

"...reported that mean graduation rates rose nearly 11 percent at schools that required uniforms, compared to pre-uniform years. Non-uniform school mean graduation rates dropped 4.6 percent, compared with the earlier years." [link below]

http://www.19actionnews.com...

The negative sides of uniforms:

I agree that there are several negative sides to wearing uniforms. I will state some of them now and I will also state my arguments that oppose these points.

-Students wouldn't get the freedom to choose what they want to wear.

My response:

People's lives must have some limits. Children and teens may want to wear whatever they like and would be very unhappy if they were forced to wear uniforms. However I showed that students would benefit from being forced to wear uniforms and that benefit is more important than freedom.

-Students wouldn't be able to express themselves properly.

My response:

This is true. People are often judged by how they dress. If a student is dressed neatly and has clean clothes every day then teachers may think differently of that student than they would think of somebody who constantly has sagging jeans and dirty clothes.

I haven't really responded to any of my opponents arguments since my opponent has not yet had the chance to state any. I simply stated my opinion and position on what I think my opponent's arguments will be in the next round.

Conclusion:

I have provided many arguments that support the idea of having uniforms at school. Although uniforms may be unpopular with many people, they are not a bad idea. Studies support my thinking. The future of students should be put in front of what individual stunts want to wear. Students would be more successful if they did not get the option of deciding what to wear every to school. After all, students can always wear whatever they want on the weekends. Weekends are for students to do what they want. I await arguments and/or responses from my opponent.

http://www.angelfire.com...
http://www.ehow.com...
DudeStop

Con

Thank you Pro.

I ask voters to please enjoy the following debate. I will admit that I did not quote his every word. If I did so I would not have been able to type a proper response. However I did respond to his every point. So without further ado:

Refutations:

"Uniforms ensure equality among students. If children wear uniforms then they cannot be judged by what they wear"

Then the bullies would likely find a new thing to give them shame about. How do we know it wouldn't be a worse thing? And what about weekends? As you even said:

"After all, students can always wear whatever they want on the weekends. Weekends are for students to do what they want"

This directly shows that on weekends, the bullies are able to bully the students who wear odd clothing. In fact, by doing this you are increasing the bulling because you have just encouraged the bullies to find a new flaw in that student.

I fail to find this a better way to ensure equality.

"Uniforms make students less self-conscious of their appearance. Students would not have to have to stand in front of the mirror for half an hour every morning to decide if their outfit is good enough or what outfit to wear. This argument can be applied to many students, especially girls"

1.Not even a shred of evidence is shown to assert that students stand in front of a mirror for half of an hour every morning.
2.His reasoning in this section does not support even his original argument, that students would not be self conscience about appearances. Only support for an argument that it would save time.
3.Even if we assumed his argument is complete, students would still feel rather ridiculous in uniforms. If a student is sad about there appearances in clothing they have chosen and bought, why would a uniform make them feel less self conscience?

"It shows signs of respect and politeness. You show respect to your school and teachers when you wear uniforms"

There are different ways to respect your school. I can respect America, but I do not have to wear a giant flag every day to prove it. Why would it be wrong for a student to show respect in another way, or have a neutral viewpoint on the school?

"Uniforms save money. When you only have to wear two outfits a week that aren't your school uniform, you can have a more limited selection of clothing."

This would be showing that students do not buy any other articles of clothing. I yet again quote:

"After all, students can always wear whatever they want on the weekends."

Pro is saying students will not wear uniforms when the week ends. We will obviously need more clothing for that student.

The real major problem with this though is the average cost of a uniform is $249. Remember, this is being added on to regular clothing costs and expenses. [1]

"Uniforms enforce discipline. If there are uniforms then everybody will be dressed appropriately. This would give teachers one less thing to worry about"

Why would students be more compelled to wear a uniform than they would to follow the dress code?

"Making all children wear school uniforms would make them put more focus on school work"

Where in your sources does it say this?

"Today, many students wear one pair of jeans, one t-shirt, and one sweater per day and wash seven pairs of all three items every day. Students wouldn't have 5 uniforms (one for each school day) and as a result, a lot of water would be saved."

Students do not wear 7 outfits per a day my friend. With a uniform however, a student would be forced to wash at the very minimum once every other day. Which would be a big waste, considering they would have little to wash.

"Some studies show that school uniforms might help attendance and graduation rates. Studies show that having students wear uniforms would help them get through school"

My only rebuttal to this is that often times those are more wealthy schools if they have uniforms. Private schools for example. Could you determine somehow in what schools this was conducted in? In may just be a different curriculum, or rather a false cause.

"People's lives must have some limits"

The religious people are not allowed to where religious articles of clothing? A dress code is a more practical limit, as it allows these things.
"This is true. People are often judged by how they dress. If a student is dressed neatly and has clean clothes every day then teachers may think differently of that student than they would think of somebody who constantly has sagging jeans and dirty clothes"

He does not present a rebuttal on how it is justified. The argument stands.

Conclusion:

Uniforms tend to cause more harm than good, as shown in arguments. Vote Con.

Thank You.

[1] http://www.statisticbrain.com...
STALIN

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for his response!

"Then the bullies would likely find a new thing to give them shame about. How do we know it wouldn't be a worse thing? And what about weekends?"

Or maybe bullies will just decide to leave the poor kid alone. This is definitely a possibility. Unless a bully knows where somebody lives, he cannot bully him/her over the weekends. And on the weekends, the bullied kid can just hide in his house. Bullies don't purposefully go to other people's houses to bully them. They usually do it at school or over the Internet.

"This directly shows that on weekends, the bullies are able to bully the students who wear odd clothing. In fact, by doing this you are increasing the bulling because you have just encouraged the bullies to find a new flaw in that student."

How? Bullies don't enter other people's houses to see what the person is wearing. This would just get the bully into jail. This argument makes no sense.

"I fail to find this a better way to ensure equality."

Uniforms do help ensure equality. Kids are more equal compared to each other if they wear the same clothes.

"Not even a shred of evidence is shown to assert that students stand in front of a mirror for half of an hour every morning."

Unfortunately, it would be very difficult for me to give a reliable source to prove this. However I think we can all assume that there are some (a minority) of people who care deeply about how they look. If this were untrue, then people wouldn't be wasting thousands of dollars on shopping for clothes.

"Even if we assumed his argument is complete, students would still feel rather ridiculous in uniforms."

How would you know if students would feel ridiculous in uniforms? Where in your sources does it say this?

"There are different ways to respect your school. I can respect America, but I do not have to wear a giant flag every day to prove it. Why would it be wrong for a student to show respect in another way, or have a neutral viewpoint on the school?"

Respect for America is shown in schools not by making the students wear giant flags, but by making them say the Pledge of Allegiance. You show respect for America when saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

"The real major problem with this though is the average cost of a uniform is $249. Remember, this is being added on to regular clothing costs and expenses."

And if you wore one or two uniforms a week then this would likely be cheaper than wearing 5 different outfits a week. One pair of shoes cost around 40 dollars (average) in America[1]. One pair of expensive shoes can cost up to $100. Besides this, there are many students who prefer to wear different shoes every weak. The cost of a uniform is not greater. And if a law was to be put into place that all students should be required to wear uniforms, it is likely that the government will pay those fees. After all, in order for this law to work, all students would have to wear uniforms and there are some families who cannot afford this clothes.

"Pro is saying students will not wear uniforms when the week ends. We will obviously need more clothing for that student."

I never said that. I said that students could wear whatever they want to on the weekends. If they chose to wear uniforms during the weekend then it is up to them.

"Why would students be more compelled to wear a uniform than they would to follow the dress code?"

If this was how they were taught from the very beginning (elementary school) then yes, students would wear the uniforms. Dress code wouldn't be a problem if there were uniforms.

"Where in your sources does it say this [students would focus more on school work]?"

Students often talk about clothes and where they shopped over the weekends. And students often talk during class. Do I really need sources to prove this?

"Students do not wear 7 outfits per a day my friend. With a uniform however, a student would be forced to wash at the very minimum once every other day. Which would be a big waste, considering they would have little to wash."

Yes many students do wear 7 outfits a day. There are even those who take 20 minute showers every day.

"My only rebuttal to this is that often times those are more wealthy schools if they have uniforms. Private schools for example. Could you determine somehow in what schools this was conducted in? In may just be a different curriculum, or rather a false cause."

Studies have shown that students who wear uniforms succeed more than those who do not. I myself am not sure how this is possible but this is what studies have shown. However your response to my argument is not good enough. The link I posted in the previous round says that this happened in public schools.

"He does not present a rebuttal on how it is justified. The argument stands."

I was simply stating my position. And I'm not sure what exactly my opponent's position is here. I ask for clarification.

"Uniforms tend to cause more harm than good, as shown in arguments. Vote Con."

Sorry but you haven't done that. You haven't really shown how uniforms cause more harm than good. Also, this isn't the last round yet.

Conclusion:

I have shown how students benefit from uniforms. Uniforms help to ensure equality and success for students. My opponent did a good job responding to my arguments but some of my arguments still stand.

http://www.statista.com...
DudeStop

Con

Thank you Pro...

"Or maybe bullies will just decide to leave the poor kid alone"

Maybe. But with no statistics on what the bully would do, (Look for new things to make fun of him for or just stop) We can't use your argument as an assertion or proof that it will reduce bullying.

"Unless a bully knows where somebody lives, he cannot bully him/her over the weekends. And on the weekends, the bullied kid can just hide in his house. Bullies don't purposefully go to other people's houses to bully them"

I really don't think that'd be a valid solution to the bullying problem, having a child stay home and hide doesn't seem like a very practical solution.

"How? Bullies don't enter other people's houses to see what the person is wearing. This would just get the bully into jail. This argument makes no sense"

The argument was meaning to say that the bully would find a new flaw. Obviously Pro had misunderstood it, thus it made no sense to him as he stated. The argument is that rather than the bully or rather enemy of the student saying:

"Rats foiled again..."

He/she would just find a new flaw. Remember, bullying is the *repeated* act of unkindness. [1] It goes unasserted that the bully would literally only have one insult for a student, yet still bring it up time and time again.

"Uniforms do help ensure equality. Kids are more equal compared to each other if they wear the same clothes"

"Unfortunately, it would be very difficult for me to give a reliable source to prove this"

I know it would.

"However I think we can all assume that there are some (a minority) of people who care deeply about how they look"

Sure, but to apply this to the majority of people would not be wise.

And yet again, a person who cares deeply about how they look does not enjoy wearing an uncomfortable uniform. For example, girls often have to wear dresses or skirts, when they might feel more comfortable in trousers, and boys often have to wear button-up shirts and ties, which can also be uncomfortable for active children.

"If this were untrue, then people wouldn't be wasting thousands of dollars on shopping for clothes"

Over what period of time?

"How would you know if students would feel ridiculous in uniforms? Where in your sources does it say this"

Well, I did say that students who are self conscious about how they look would feel ridiculous in normal clothing let alone school uniforms. But I shall also assert that they are uncomfortable.

"Respect for America is shown in schools not by making the students wear giant flags, but by making them say the Pledge of Allegiance. You show respect for America when saying the Pledge of Allegiance"

That's the point. There is not only one way to respect your area of education. Notice Pro has also ignored the question on why it is important to respect your school, rather than having a neutral view on it.

" The cost of a uniform is not greater"

"After all, students can wear whatever they want on the weekends"

Obviously, when you add normal clothing costs it would be more expensive, or at least the same price.

"And if a law was to be put into place that all students should be required to wear uniforms, it is likely that the government will pay those fees. After all, in order for this law to work, all students would have to wear uniforms and there are some families who cannot afford this clothes"

How do you think the Government would afford this? Where is the omens for this going to come from? It' not as if the Government has a magic pot of gold to fill every desire.

""Why would students be more compelled to wear a uniform than they would to follow the dress code?"

If this was how they were taught from the very beginning (elementary school) then yes, students would wear the uniforms. Dress code wouldn't be a problem if there were uniforms"

Why not apply the same logic to dress codes? If the students always have dress codes, then they would get used to it. This could be comparable to getting used to uniforms.

"Do I really need sources to prove this?"

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence as well. If you're going to use it in an argument, I require a source for it.

"Yes many students do wear 7 outfits a day"

Really. Show me your source that says this.

" There are even those who take 20 minute showers every day"

I'm happy for them. This has nothing to do with the arguments at hand though.

"I was simply stating my position. And I'm not sure what exactly my opponent's position is here. I ask for clarification"

The point was that you never justified taking away their rights to express themselves.

"this isn't the last round yet"

Of course, I never implied that.

I'm waiting to here back from Pro now. Many of the arguments/Questions were simply dropped...

[1] http://www.americanhumane.org...
STALIN

Pro

"Maybe. But with no statistics on what the bully would do, (Look for new things to make fun of him for or just stop) We can't use your argument as an assertion or proof that it will reduce bullying."

I agree. However it is entirely likely that the only reason the bully was picking on the kid in the first place was because of what the kid was wearing. If clothing no longer mattered then this would no longer be a problem.

"I really don't think that'd be a valid solution to the bullying problem, having a child stay home and hide doesn't seem like a very practical solution."

Well you suggested that bullies would bully somebody over the weekends. I'm suggesting that the bully would not want to waste time looking for somebody to bully over the weekends. Usually this is done at school. But this is getting off topic. This debate is about uniforms.

"And yet again, a person who cares deeply about how they look does not enjoy wearing an uncomfortable uniform. For example, girls often have to wear dresses or skirts, when they might feel more comfortable in trousers, and boys often have to wear button-up shirts and ties, which can also be uncomfortable for active children."

Somebody who wore uniforms all his/her life would not nothing else. In other words, there would be different expectations on clothing and people would not feel uncomfortable.

"Over what period of time?"

Days, weeks, months. It varies.

"Well, I did say that students who are self conscious about how they look would feel ridiculous in normal clothing let alone school uniforms. But I shall also assert that they are uncomfortable."

Maybe uniforms are uncomfortable. Does that mean people have to be comfortable for every hour of their lives? Also, I would like to point out that with modern technology, uniforms can become very comfortable. As comfortable as regular clothes.

"That's the point. There is not only one way to respect your area of education. Notice Pro has also ignored the question on why it is important to respect your school, rather than having a neutral view on it."

Children get free education at school so yes, they should respect the school.

"How do you think the Government would afford this? Where is the omens for this going to come from? It' not as if the Government has a magic pot of gold to fill every desire."

For some reason, the government can afford tens of thousands of dollars on sports. New soccer and football fields every 10 years or so. So yes, I think the government/school can afford the money for uniforms.

"Why not apply the same logic to dress codes? If the students always have dress codes, then they would get used to it. This could be comparable to getting used to uniforms."

Students don't listen to dress codes. That is a big problem today. Also, if there were uniforms then there would be no need for dress codes.

"Really. Show me your source that says this."

Show me some sources that say otherwise. When I went to school, there were many people who noticeably wore different clothes every day (including shoes). Many people even admitted to wearing 7 different outfits per week.

"The point was that you never justified taking away their rights to express themselves."

There are many different ways to express yourself. My opponent will have to show that it is impossible to express yourself when kids have to wear uniforms.

"I'm waiting to here back from Pro now. Many of the arguments/Questions were simply dropped."

This is untrue. I responded to all of my opponents arguments. However it seems that my opponent has conceded to a couple of my arguments. I provided statistics that suggest that students do better at school if uniforms were put into place. Also, I explained how students who wear uniforms at school will learn how to dress appropriately when they have a job in the future. My opponent mostly responded to my arguments. He presented few of his own. I have shown that uniforms help students succeed. My opponent has shown that students would be unhappy if they were forced to wear uniforms. I countered this argument by showing that if students had never known anything besides uniforms then they would not be unhappy. My opponent constantly tried to say that I presented no proof. However my opponent didn't present too much either. He did not prove that bullies would find something else to bully about if a student wore uniforms. Also, my opponent never really proved that bullies would purposely try and seek out the person they want to bully over the weekends.

This is all I have left to say. I would like to thank my opponent for this debate.

http://www.greatschools.org...

DudeStop

Con

Thank You Pro for this wonderful debate.

"I agree"

Well that's good.

"it is entirely likely that the only reason the bully was picking on the kid in the first place was because of what the kid was wearing. If clothing no longer mattered then this would no longer be a problem"

Sure, but no evidence has been shown that they will stop bullying just at that single point.

"Well you suggested that bullies would bully somebody over the weekends. I'm suggesting that the bully would not want to waste time looking for somebody to bully over the weekends. Usually this is done at school. But this is getting off topic. This debate is about uniforms"

I did... After *you*'suggested that it was the new solution to bullying. Also, notice how Pro gives no sources to support most bullying taking place at school.

"Somebody who wore uniforms all his/her life would not nothing else. In other words, there would be different expectations on clothing and people would not feel uncomfortable."

"Not nothing else"

I don't think I could respond to he first sentence, sorry mate. I would say that if a girl feels uncomfortable in a skirt, they feel uncomfortable in a skirt. We also have the problem now that Pro dodges the argument I made regarding how uniforms restrict more active kids.

"Days, weeks, months. It varies"

Yet again, no source.

"uniforms are uncomfortable"

I'll count this as a concession?

"Does that mean people have to be comfortable for every hour of their lives?"

Of course not, I never said that. I do believe that people should not be forced into discomfort. Also, Pro ignores the fact that people don't have to be "Uncomfortable" or "comfortable," every second of life. It could be neither actually.

"Also, I would like to point out that with modern technology, uniforms can become very comfortable"

How? You haven't provided a source, and you still have yet to go into any detail regarding this modern technology.

"As comfortable as regular clothes"

Yet again, I can't just take your word. I need a source to prove this mate.

"Children get free education at school so yes, they should respect the school"

Yet again, there are many other ways to pay your respects as you even admitted with the analogy regarding USA. You ignored a neutral viewpoint argument, and pretty much everything I have said in this section of arguments.

Pro also ignored the fact that not every single student in America gets free school- Some actually go to a private school, and pay for it.

"For some reason, the government can afford tens of thousands of dollars on sports. New soccer and football fields every 10 years or so. So yes, I think the government/school can afford the money for uniforms"

No sources to prove this. Pro has so far presented no plan on how to get the money. We have a debt problem you know. [1]

"Students don't listen to dress codes. That is a big problem today. Also, if there were uniforms then there would be no need for dress codes"

Sure, but no proof has been showed that all students ignore the dress code.

"When I went to school, there were many people who noticeably wore different clothes every day (including shoes). Many people even admitted to wearing 7 different outfits per week"

In the last round, you were referring to days, not weeks. Also, this is a logical fallacy... [2]
Yet again he fails to provide a single source.

"My opponent will have to show that it is impossible to express yourself when kids have to wear uniforms"

This is a very outrageous claim made by Pro. I said it was *harder* to express yourself, as it limits your options drastically.

"I provided statistics that suggest that students do better at school if uniforms were put into place"

"I explained how students who wear uniforms at school will learn how to dress appropriately when they have a job in the future"

This was countered by me suggesting that students would follow the dress code for work as they did for school, which was then never addressed by Pro again...

"My opponent constantly tried to say that I presented no proof. However my opponent didn't present too much either"

Another logical fallacy. [3]

"He did not prove that bullies would find something else to bully about if a student wore uniforms. "

You're right I never did. We both couldn't find any statistics, and you agreed to that before...

"I agree"
"Also, my opponent never really proved that bullies would purposely try and seek out the person they want to bully over the weekends"

I never said they would, I just pointed out that on the weekends the bully's may see the child and bully him/her. It does not nullify all clothing related abuse in other words...

Pro did state at one point of the debate that this would be a law. The problems of this is that he never figured out how the government could afford this, he never properly addressed that it limits captivity and how one could express themselves, nor did he address properly how kids would be restricted in the uniforms and could not do many different activities.

I suggest Pro did not meet his burden of proof.

[1] http://useconomy.about.com...

[2] https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

[3] https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
Posted by TheLastMan 3 years ago
TheLastMan
RFD: Con countered the "ensuring equality" contention by pointing that bullies will find a new way to insult thdm. This does not adequately refute Pro's contention. It's not a direct response to Pros contention. It doesn't blame the idea of wearing uniforms and its benefits. Attacking the "weekends" point, was also a bad idea. His response to the "weekends" contention actually contradicts his own side. Pro said students do not need to wear uniforms during weekends. So, attacking this point means he is not attacking the idea of wearing uniforms. Infact, he is attacking his own original position of not wearing the uniforms. Cons response to the "sign of respect" point was also not sufficient to refute it. Con said there are different ways to respect school. He should have established that wearing uniforms to respect school is a bad idea, or it has a negative effect. But, he failed to establish that wearing uniform to respect school is a bad idea. However, Pro could have given better replies. He had a lot of chances to articulate better responses. Both sides spent most of the time stating unwarranted assertions and their personal opinions. I felt like Con was strawmanning Pro in someway. Thus, The uniform debate turned into a debate on bullying.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Some don't. Its a natural part of DDO.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Could the voters start using examples while they vote? It almost seems as if some don't read the debate...
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Not really.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Impressive guys.
Posted by Cooldudebro 3 years ago
Cooldudebro
Less than 5 minutes before forfeit! Nice job dudestop
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Pls ff DudeStop lol.
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
Don't you dare forfeit this.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
@dtaylor: go away.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
STALINDudeStopTied
Reasons for voting decision: Great debate on both sides. I'm giving this one to Pro for the bullying arguments. It does make logical sense that there would at least be some manner of inhibition of bullying from this. As far as money is concerned I thought neither side provided much evidence for which is more economically advantageous. Both sides talked about sources a lot, but neither provided much in the way of sources. Great first argument, Pro. Also, I found it hard to follow all the quotes on quotes on quotes. Con did a great job on defense but didn't provide much offense, but only responded to Pro. I recommend putting up a heading and summarize your opponent's arguments, or it get's confusing. Plus, paraphrasing saves space, and stops voters from seeing your opponent's arguments multiple times. All in all though, a strong debate on both sides. Congratulations to both of you on a debate well done. It was a pleasure to read.
Vote Placed by TheLastMan 3 years ago
TheLastMan
STALINDudeStopTied
Reasons for voting decision: Given in comments.
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
STALINDudeStopTied
Reasons for voting decision: I was more convinced with Pro's arguments just because they seemed to be a bit more realistic and reasonable and the sources practically fitted every point he made so he gets the point for convincing arguments and reliable resources.
Vote Placed by NateTheFirst 3 years ago
NateTheFirst
STALINDudeStopTied
Reasons for voting decision: It was shown to me that there are more negatives than there are positives to school uniforms. I don't agree witht the other voter that Con's were "less to the point. That's really not even how he should have scored it. Con: While I found the logical fallacy thing amusing, it is a bit rude. Both had terrible grammar.
Vote Placed by Cooldudebro 3 years ago
Cooldudebro
STALINDudeStopTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is the judging! Conduct goes to con because of better conduct. (obviously :P) S/G goes to con as well for better grammar. Reliable sources go to the pro because while they both presented the same quanity of sources, pro's were more on point. Overall, pro has convinced me that uniforms at school are good and should be used. Sorry DudeStop, you are eliminated.