hello2me22
magic_magpie

Uniforms in school

hello2me22

Pro

I think that uniforms are good. they are good because first of all, there is no bullying or discrimination on if you have more expensive clothes or not. Second of all, everyone has the same respect for everyone. You also don't have to spend lots of time deciding what to wear.
magic_magpie

Con

Salutations. People can express themselves thought there attire, uniforms take away that method of expression. This is not world ending, but school is when people have to slowly find out how they are and what they want to be, so losing one of the ways to explore who you are is not great. Moving on, uniforms do not mean that there will be respect for everyone. They do stop bullying based of clothes, in general, but kids will find other things to pick on that may be more damaging than what someone wants to wear. Uniforms are also not the most effective way to save time, and if one does not want to worry about what to wear, they could wear a similar outfit every day. It would have a compatible effect to a uniform in time saving.
hello2me22

Pro

True, true, but I go to a school where we have uniforms and we often have non-uniform days so that we can still get to express our creativity. I certainly get where you are coming from though. Uniforms are also most of the time cheaper. For example you could just spent $150 on uniforms but spend $500 on regular clothes. I am still for uniforms.
magic_magpie

Con

I will not argue that uniforms can be cheaper, but a smart shopper could pick up clothes for cheap to. Second hand stores and yard sales can have hidden gems for less than a uniform as well. Also some uniforms, thought not all, students might find uncomfortable like ones with ties. Being uncomfortable and sitting for hours a day make for a unsatisfactory learning interment.
hello2me22

Pro

In my uniform, I have a tie and it is never a problem. My classmates don't think does either. If you buy things from cheap stores with gently used clothes, you could get picked on for that reason too. People will be like "Oh you have cheap clothes cause you can't afford it" sort of thing. So I think that one of the main reasons why uniforms are important is for that reason.
magic_magpie

Con

The tie was just an example, but let me try to rework the argument. Say its time to take a big test like the ACT or the SAT. A student wants to have his lucky shorts, shore it is only a mental thing, but it makes him less nervous,so he can do better on the test. That is more what I meant than physically uncomfortable. People could get picked on because their bag looks cheap, if their watch is cheap or the phone they have is old. people might make fun of you for living in a bad part of town, or driving a beat up car or not being able to afford one at all. Clothes are not the only thing that bullies might pick on because someone cant afford something. Also it is not required to say where you buy your clothes. A jean jacket, for example, is a jean jacket even if it is second hand. People pick on others for being different, uniforms only mean they have to look for something new to target. So ask yourself, is stopping some bulling worth giving up your individuality?
Posted by cbarbee 7 months ago
cbarbee
uniforms in school have nothing to do with " respect for others", I go to a school and we have to wear uniforms, and hardly anybody here has any respect for anyone else....