Chamaeleon
spongessuck

United States is set to become a military corporatocracy

Chamaeleon

Pro

I will argue that, based on trends in recent years, the United States is devolving into a military corporatocracy. My opponent should argue that America is and will remain a democratic republic. If voters feel that our arguments indicate the rise of some other, unmentioned form of governance, they should vote for whichever side they feel is closer to that unmentioned form.

This debate will focus heavily on current and recent events, so Con should be prepared to support his or her views with numerous citations (but let's try to give concise summaries of the pertinent points of each article so the readers won't be discouraged by having to click every link if they don't want to). Either side may seek to discredit the sources of their opponent, though Ad Hominem attacks are discouraged.

The first round will be for acceptance only. Arguments will commence with round 2.
spongessuck

Con

I will argue that the United States will not devolve further into military corporatocracy, if necessary argue that it is already a de facto military corporatocracy, and that it will move more toward a democratic republic in the future.
Chamaeleon

Pro

Chamaeleon forfeited this round.
spongessuck

Con

spongessuck forfeited this round.
Chamaeleon

Pro

Chamaeleon forfeited this round.
spongessuck

Con

spongessuck forfeited this round.
Chamaeleon

Pro

Chamaeleon forfeited this round.
spongessuck

Con

spongessuck forfeited this round.
Posted by Chamaeleon 5 years ago
Chamaeleon
A & B. It IS the US military
C. Accept the debate and you'll see
Posted by Chamaeleon 5 years ago
Chamaeleon
What I mean is a military state in which wealth buys the use of military power.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
well in the sense of a large goverment he is right, but a military occupation is far stretched, So I agree with dan T.
Posted by DanT 5 years ago
DanT
I'm kind of confused. A military state is a belligerent military occupation. A corporatocracy is a rule by corporations. Thus a Military corporatocracy would be a rule by corporations under a belligerent military occupation.

An example of this would be the Cheyenne Government in the Jericho series.

A.) How would said corporations raise such a military?
B.) How would they defeat the US Army
C.) How on earth does current trends point to this.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
I kinda agree and kinda do not
Posted by DanT 5 years ago
DanT
corporatocracy (corporat + ocracy) means rule by corporations. In other words corporations play a direct role in governing the people.