britkit_francis
EllieG

United States of America vs Russia in a war.

britkit_francis

Pro

I will be taking the side of the United States.

The United States has at the moment, the most powerful military, not to mention the Largest Naval fleet. I believe that in a conventional war (Yes I know this will likely never happen) the USA Would win, but with severe casualties. No, this would not be a nuclear war.
If you care to debate, post your argument for round 1, and good luck!

Originally posted by Dark_Soul. I may use his counterclaims if needed.
EllieG

Con

I think that before anybody will have a chance to 'win' as such, the casualties will be devastating and there will be a truce. The reason the Cold War ended was because of the casualties that were bound the entail upon both countries. If there was to be a war between Russia and the United states they would both attack each others allies or dominate them before attacking each-other. However, whether America would win is a different question. Sure you know they have the strongest military and allies but what do Russia have that we don't know about...
britkit_francis

Pro

If the situations you have stated were to come true, I doubt Russia would get involved with a war with the US, and even if they did, anybody else wouldn't get very far.

China and the USA's economy's at the moment are intertwined, a war would destroy both, But if it happened, I believe the war would move close to Japan, or north Korea. An invasion of North Korea would be the easier one, None of the countries stated would be able to invade US Soil, except maybe Alaska. Also you forgot a few countries that would ally the US (France, Germany, South Korea ) And with South Korea, an invasion of North Korea would be the most likely bet. The USA's Naval power dominates the pacific, and invasion on the Country itself (Excluding Alaska, or Hawaii) is near impossible. The US might get somewhere.

Good Luck in Round 2
EllieG

Con

EllieG forfeited this round.
britkit_francis

Pro

United States in every way has a stronger military, I doubt they would declare war on the US and get very far. But since he forfeited this round, I will not go into detail.
EllieG

Con

EllieG forfeited this round.