Bubblehead
cherrytree

United States of America

Bubblehead

Pro

57 days (and 3 hours) until the day I am done with my only ever government job. Where I have to see millions and millions of dollars wasted in the name of so called "product quality" such as a $2,000+ refurbished, uncomfortable metal chair with a fake leather butt and back cushion or $28,000 (yes $28,000) on a multitude of refurbished touch screen computer monitors, in which touch screen is not ever utilized… A work site where someone who is known by all coworkers as being absolutely terrible at their job is promoted because they have "time in"... Where, on any given day (only during my 4.5 years of experience), tens, hundreds, or maybe even thousands of man hours are wasted in the name of excuses such as "I don't want my guys to get in trouble too early in the day"... When those who ever do screw up should simply be punished accordingly… When I don't have to prove that this light switch turns on that light bulb that lights up when I flip the light switch, not that gyro compass next to the bulb (while I know it's not always that simple, that situation is somewhat common). When I can trust the men (and soon to be women) to not "tell on me" for personal life decisions, such as drinking underage... Even though it is against the law which I have sworn to uphold, The Constitution... But because the underlying fact is: I will never trust that person with a bottle rocket near my home, let alone literally lying up against a 3,500 pound bomb placed next to my mattress as I peacefully sleep in bliss... And is in my opinion the biggest mistake of not so much of the military but the congress which forced the military's hand in mandating "equality" in a land where weakness dies and someday may kill us all and/or this nation. And last of all, maybe even most importantly, the weakness of the true patriot, an American hero, true only to the service of his or her nation, but who has let luxury, power and prestige overcome their sense of right and wrong. These honest people have let the power of the military industrial complex and big government to persuade their judgment in believing these lies... The lies that The United States of America has no limit to its allowance, that we have no boundaries to our military prowess and that we are invulnerable to internal threats or conspiracy theories. We need to remove ourselves from the status quo and return to a constitutional republic, so that even if you and I hate each other, at the very least we can both move to a different state which has morals we happily agree with.

This nation must realize that this money we have, our global power, our technology, our world respect and even our ambition is not forever. Even I know from history, The U.S.A. will most likely not last the test of time, but please let us prolong the existence of the greatest nation on Earth. Maybe you don't believe this but you must realize that at some point in our history, practically every nation has thought this about The Good Ol' U.S. of A.

Arguments have about our current state of affairs:

1. Gain a sense of responsibility: do not rely on the government or anyone for your needs.

2. Stop spending mine and everyone else's money on your lack of motivation.

3. People claim that a library education is bull crap. Well If I were to hire someone who claims they had knowledge on a particular subject with no degree, I'd say "Work for free for a week, month or however long it takes to prove your worth to my business". But that is impossible under this state paying for higher education of the society.

4. Reduce the military so we can: A. Save money and B. Stop creating our own enemies we strive to fight.

5. Bring back pride in accomplishment and do away with the government control of personal lives. If it is change in energy policy you want, invent a better energy source and do not wait for the government to pay for it. Stop the regulations.

6. Stop letting anyone and everyone move in and exploit this nation. Especially as we are now, the nanny state is running us dry. Political parties have strived for centuries to get the immense immigrant vote, but times have changed. We need to only attract the skilled and motivated, not low wage jobs Americans can do themselves. Goes to be said, American’s would take these jobs if welfare and unemployment benefits were not so easily obtained.

7. Do unto others as you would have done to you. Live free.

If you understand these statements, then feel free to offer a point of view or argument. I know this is somewhat of a rant more than an argument, but please feel free to challenge these statements!

Sources: Military experience and semi-recent enlightenment. More to come.

cherrytree

Con

we'll always rely on the government. and it is necessary for the government to have control of our personal lives, at least to some extent.

on the same token, i like cheese.
Bubblehead

Pro

Bubblehead forfeited this round.
cherrytree

Con

cherrytree forfeited this round.
Bubblehead

Pro

Bubblehead forfeited this round.
cherrytree

Con

cherrytree forfeited this round.
Bubblehead

Pro

Bubblehead forfeited this round.
Bubblehead

Pro

Bubblehead forfeited this round.
cherrytree

Con

cherrytree forfeited this round.
Posted by GenesisCreation 5 years ago
GenesisCreation
What exactly is your resolution?
Posted by InVinoVeritas 5 years ago
InVinoVeritas
tl;dr