migmag
RonaldTrumpkin

Universal Background Checks are NEEDED on ALL gun purchases both Public AND Private

RonaldTrumpkin

migmag

Pro

It's about time ALL gun purchases are required to go through a thorough Universal Background Chec
RonaldTrumpkin

Con

My opponent states that background checks are needed for all public gun sales, but such a system already exists in the form of the NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System) program. Its paternal establisher, the Brady Bill, covers all public gun sales. (1)

As for private gun sales, I do not disagree that background checks are not needed for privatized selling, but it would be immensely difficult to regulate, as any potential system could still be overcome via the black market or other illegal importing/smuggling.

SOURCE
(1)-- https://en.wikipedia.org...
migmag

Pro

as much as FIFTY PERCENT of gun sales and transfer of ownership takes place on the PRIVATE market. That is a HUGE LOOPHOLE for people to buy guns. Why have ANY background checks at all if FIFTY PERCENT of the guns acquired do NOT have to go through a background check? We NEED the SAME types of regulations as for cars. We need to REGISTER the guns JUST like a car. They should have INSURANCE JUST like a car. And you SHOULD have to PASS both a WRITTEN and a PHYSICAL test JUST like a car
RonaldTrumpkin

Con

My opponent has failed to refute my arguments and is not making any cases for himself. You are not addressing the resolution of why checks are needed. You are only stating what you would like to see happen.
migmag

Pro

I can do WHATEVER I WANT, it's called AMERICA, and the FIRST AMENDMEND, which is WAY more important than you GUN obsession! Long story short, EVERY country in the world that has STRONG gun control measure has WAY less gun injuries and deaths!
RonaldTrumpkin

Con

Ad hominem attacks assuming I have a gun obsession whereas I do not own a single firearm. Since my opponent is still failing to make any cohesive argument I am going to make an assumption that he is a troll, and a poor one at that.

You also make zero sources to back up your claim, and you're using a hasty generalization fallacy stating that EVERY country that has strong gun laws has less harm. As a matter of fact, there is little proof that that stricter gun laws even work (1)

SOURCE:
(1)--http://people.howstuffworks.com...
migmag

Pro

over NINETY percent of Americans think we should EXPAND Universal Background Checks on ALL Gun Purchases, if you disagree with that, you're in a TINY minority. WE have MORE of a RIGHT to LIVE and NOT be SHOT than YOU have to have your "precious gun"!!!!!
RonaldTrumpkin

Con

The poll that my opponent is citing is false. It makes no mentions of expanding background checks, it only states support for having checks in general. Rumours that it was for expanding them have been debunked. (1)

Again my opponent makes no argument to back up his statements and continues to fail to explain why checks are needed-- the resolution he created in the first place.

Source:
(1)--http://www.newsbusters.org...
migmag

Pro

MOST Americans believe that SINCE we have to REGISTER our CARS, gun owners SHOULD have to REGISTER their guns. SINCE we have to acquire car INSURANCE, gun owners SHOULD have to acquire GUN insurance, SINCE we have to pass a WRITTEN and a PHYSICAL test to be ALLOWED to drive, gun owners SHOULD HAVE to go through (and PASS) a Written and Physical TEST to be ALLOWED to get a Gun LICENSE (which you should Also HAVE to get)
RonaldTrumpkin

Con

You have failed to, in any way, support your resolution, which was essentially state why background checks are needed. You have given zero facts, zero sources, and are repeating yourself incessantly.

I stand by what I have posted previously.
Posted by migmag 7 months ago
migmag
It's common sense that IF you want access to something VERY DEADLY like guns you should have STRONG controls of that DANGEROUS weapon!
Vote Placed by Bored_Debater 7 months ago
Bored_Debater
migmagRonaldTrumpkinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to con due to pro's ad hominem attacks. Sources also goes to con since he's the only one to use sources.