ankitaahirwar
Kethen

Universal Brotherhood Is More Important Than Patriotism

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

ankitaahirwar

Con

In my opinion both are important but to think about universal brotherhood we need to have patriotism first. It's like 12th exams are more important than 10th, but without giving 10th examination you can't think of 12th examination. If a person don't have feeling of it's own motherland than how he can think for other's. So first we need to have patriotism then we can think of universal brotherhood.
Kethen

Pro

I will be arguing Pro for Universal Brotherhood. Yet, I don't believe World Peace is possible, I still wish it was and think it is important. Argument: Patriotism CAN lead to thinking one's country is supreme which leads to conflict. One could argue that Hitler and the Nazi party were just very patriotic and a little insane. I do include that patriotism for the world as a whole would be a good thing. Yet, the only way one can have world patriotism is if the whole world was working together- Universal Brotherhood.
I do not see any coalition between Universal Brotherhood and Patriotism unless you want one country to take over the whole world. It is more likely we will be forced to ban together for some apocalyptic reason. We must love each other and care for everyone before we can have Universal Brotherhood and History has proved Patriotism leads to the opposite.
ankitaahirwar

Con

I would like to inform you that when we are unable to achieve brotherhood even in our own society, our own nation...then how can we go further for universal achievement.....universal brotherhood is a very big platform. Firstly we have to create the feelings of patriotism in our self after that we can talk about universal brotherhood. We have to create internal brotherhood....that is the basic thing of our life it gives us inspiration to love our mother land to show our regret towards it. First we should learn to walk before we start running....
Kethen

Pro

I agree that we need internal brotherhood before universal but what does that have anything to do with patriotism?
Definition for patriotism:Web definitions: love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it;
That has nothing to do with loving for each other. Only our country. Many Many people in the south are patriotic. Yet they still are racist as can be.
ankitaahirwar

Con

My knowledgeable opponent you know what's going on in our country. There are lots of terrorism.....you know why, why it is....because we never make internal brotherhood. Our own politicians are not aware of what is going in the country, then universal brotherhood is very far from our thinking.......just leave it...first we have to improve ourselves and our own country.
Mahatma Gandhi is known all over the world for his patriotism towards India. He was respected by Martin Luther King yesterday and by Obama today. Obama got Nobel peace prize and his role model is Gandhi. Gandhi is known for his patriotic feeling that got freedom to India. When a person keeps some one who is patriot he is able win NOBEL PEACE PRIZE,so patriotism doesn't lead a country to blood shed but to a peace paradise.
MAHATMA GANDHI died only in INDIA but the whole world was crying....
Kethen

Pro

Kethen forfeited this round.
Posted by gerrandesquire 5 years ago
gerrandesquire
And your sources back me up. Dont know why you posted them.
Posted by gerrandesquire 5 years ago
gerrandesquire
Do you know what a warlord is? A person who has a lot odd power, a large civil and military control over the region because of ARMED FORCES loyal to him. A person who believes that a war is necessary for justice.

Its like an anti of everything he stood for.
Posted by Kethen 5 years ago
Kethen
http://vijaysrinivasan.wordpress.com...
Don't think of him as ruthless though it needed to be done.
http://www.cracked.com...
Like I said it was war. He handled it well though. In fact his tactics are studied. Non-violent, then violent.
Posted by Kethen 5 years ago
Kethen
You guys really didn't know Mahatma started off as a warlord? He was a christian warlord for quite awhile. Google it! I'll find some sources really quick hold on
Posted by gerrandesquire 5 years ago
gerrandesquire
War lord? Any source to back that up?
Posted by ankitaahirwar 5 years ago
ankitaahirwar
Mahatma Gandhi was not a war lord. He was a person who made Indians independent and made free their motherland from cruel British rules.
Posted by Kethen 5 years ago
Kethen
war lord*
Posted by Kethen 5 years ago
Kethen
One comment though. "MAHATMA GANDHI" started off as a world lord.
Posted by Kethen 5 years ago
Kethen
Sorry I didn't finish. I couldn't get on the internet. I have more comments to make but I didn't get here in time. So I will forever hold my peace.
Vote Placed by baggins 4 years ago
baggins
ankitaahirwarKethenTied
Reasons for voting decision: An excellent example of what happens when terms are not clearly defined. The meaning of patriotism in India (an extremely positive concept) is different from United States (Maybe positive, maybe negative). Con wins conduct due to forfeit.