prajapatihet4
Sitara

Universal Brotherhood is More Valuable Than Patroitism.

Sitara

prajapatihet4

Pro

I feel it is more important to be a human first than a citizen. For example, if someone is residing in his enemy country and if he is in urgency... then what should citizen of that country do...obviously they are gonna help him.
Sitara

Con

A lofty ideal at best. So people should coexist with countries that commit mass genocide and let by gones be bygones? I should think not. I would never coexist with the corrupt Al Saud regime, Al Qaeda, and others. I will coexist with people who take responsibility for there actions and do what is right though. You cannot coexist with people who want to kill you.
prajapatihet4

Pro

you should read an story, The Enemy by PEARL S. BUCK. in it there is a soldier of war who is successful of escapng the prison. and as he is badly wounded, an surgeon of enemy country shows humanity and saves his life. now you only say if the surgeon would think of patriotism, then the soldier must have died. he is only alive because of humanity.
Sitara

Con

Universal brotherhood is great, but so is fighting evil. Dictators need to be held accountable lest they be a threat to freedom. Dr. King once said that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere, and I am inclined to agree. Of course, war should be a last resort naturally, but there comes a time when singing kumbiya and holding hands is no longer effective. Do you honestly think India became independent by placating the British or America by placating the British, or Jews by placating the Nazis? No I am not calling the British Nazis. Just using an analagy. I believe that there is a time and a place for anything in life and that includes war and peace, brotherhood and patriotism.
prajapatihet4

Pro

prajapatihet4 forfeited this round.
Sitara

Con

Sitara forfeited this round.
Posted by brant.merrell 4 years ago
brant.merrell
I absolutely agree. When somebody accepts this challenge you better follow through with beating him.
Vote Placed by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
prajapatihet4SitaraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con presented a very strong argument against the resolution. Conduct tied due to both sides FF.