monkeydude99
qwarkinator

Universal Health care

monkeydude99

monkeydude99

Con

The democrats almost all agree on this one topic universal health care. This is not only impractical but not smart. First of all in a country were money is low and we are funding two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were are we going to get the money need for universal health care? Well I know were that is coming from, it is coming from us...the people of the United States. Now to do this we are going to need to raise taxes, but wait aren't we doing that now well the answer is yes. So unless Obama or any other democrats can make money appear from thin air we are going to have raise the taxes on the already high taxes.
qwarkinator

Pro

Your main argument against universal health care is that our taxes in the US are too high. This is quite untrue, here is a chart for you.

Australia28.3%16.0%Korea17.3%16.2%

Austria47.4%35.5%Luxembourg35.3%12.2%

Belgium55.4%40.3%Mexico18.2%18.2%

Canada31.6%21.5%Netherlands38.6%29.1%

Czech Republic43.8%27.1%New Zealand20.5%14.5%

Denmark41.4%29.6%Norway37.3%29.6%

Finland44.6%38.4%Poland43.6%42.1%

France50.1%41.7%Portugal36.2%26.6%

Germany51.8%35.7%Slovak Republic38.3%23.2%

Greece38.8%39.2%Spain39.0%33.4%

Hungary50.5%39.9%Sweden47.9%42.4%

Iceland29.0%11.0%Switzerland29.5%18.6%

Ireland25.7%8.1%Turkey42.7%42.7%

Italy45.4%35.2%United Kingdom33.5%27.1%

Japan27.7%24.9%United States29.1%11.9%

Just for reference this chart is from http://moneycentral.msn.com... just so everyone can look it up. I put it on the actually debate post just because if I posted a link no one would ever bother to look. Also the column on the right is taxes on a single individual and on the left it is a family with two children. While some countries do have slightly lower rates than the US we have much lower taxes than most countries. Thus your argument is less than true. I would love to expound on why I believe in Universal Health care more but for the time being I only 1:13 to argue. I don't know if this has anything to do with the new site or not but it is quite annoying.
monkeydude99

Con

monkeydude99 forfeited this round.
qwarkinator

Pro

I don't have to much to say. Monkeydude said that we would have high taxes if we had universal health care. I looked up the stats on how high our taxes are and they aren't very high at all. That is the only argument he has made thus far therefore I anticipate a rebuttal and possibly a new argument.
monkeydude99

Con

monkeydude99 forfeited this round.
qwarkinator

Pro

No argument, no response
Posted by monkeydude99 8 years ago
monkeydude99
hello everybody. i really am truly sorry for forfieting those rounds. my friend was using my account and was stupid enough to make a argument when he had to leave in like two minutes. i do agree with him though. but dont take me as a bad debater if you look on my profile i started a debate on video games. this was just to try out the site. but if you look i am beating this guy 7-0. so sorry for the inconvienience. i will still debate just challenge me.
Posted by ANSmith 8 years ago
ANSmith
taxes are high because the government is spending money where it is not needed. To lower taxes, requires a cut down in the budget. And Obama has already promised to go through the budget line-by-line and cut out the useless things we don't need or are out of date.

also, universal health care is necessary for everybody. However, Senator Obama wants to make it available and AFFORDABLE for everyone, so it's universal health care that the beneficiaries pay for. Just like regular insurance, but much much lower.
Vote Placed by monkeydude99 8 years ago
monkeydude99
monkeydude99qwarkinatorTied