Beckyyy
Nyx999

University should base teachers' salary on students' performance

Beckyyy

Con

That breaks the moral.Teachers are meant to teach.
Nyx999

Pro

Well, I don't think it should be that straightforward, things can get complicated.

1. How would substitute teacher's salaries be determined? Measuring intelligence gained only in the course of one day is ineffective, since really learning something means it got committed to your long-term memory instead of your short-term memory.

2. What about teachers who teach the slow kids. I personally know that "slow" kids don't...progress as much as other kids, and even if they DO progress, oftentimes people don't realize it. My cousin didn't speak a full sentence until he met my brother, I'm pretty sure he was six or seven. He knew how to speak in full sentences, I guess he just didn't find anybody worth speaking to before he met my brother.

3. Some kids don't test easily, and some kids don't get good grades even though they are actually very bright. This may result from problems at home, problems with other kids, or a simple problem with authority. If it's a problem with authority, it's not the teacher's fault, it's the parent's fault. And if it is a problem with authority, they may be learning the material but purposefully flunking the tests to get at the teacher. Placing the teacher's salary in the children's hands is a dangerous transfer of power, some kids are...vengeful. There are millions of situations which may result in the child holding power over the teacher. With high school kids, a child might hold a crush on his or her teacher, and when the teacher spurns his or her affections, the child, depressed and vengeful might flunk his or her teacher's classes.
Beckyyy

Con

Beckyyy forfeited this round.
Nyx999

Pro

Nyx999 forfeited this round.
Beckyyy

Con

Beckyyy forfeited this round.
Nyx999

Pro

Here, I'm not going to argue because I realized that I was on the wrong side a while ago. I forfeited the rest of the argument in the comments, I just posted this to get the alert notice off my notice board. Sorry. :P So, vote for CON! (I'm Pro, don't vote for me)
Beckyyy

Con

Beckyyy forfeited this round.
Nyx999

Pro

Again, I apologize for wasting your time, I should have paid more attention. Vote for the other side!
Posted by Nyx999 3 years ago
Nyx999
Oh my geez you're right. Ploop. Ok I forfeit the rest of the argument.
Posted by Piccini 3 years ago
Piccini
Nyx999 got confused and argued for Con. Con wins. Those were good arguments nevertheless, haha.