Debestdebater20
kylerez

University should be free

Debestdebater20

Pro

I believe that universities should be free because education is important and we need more educated people.
kylerez

Con

We need more intelligent people in this world and having a free university would help a lot. But it's nearly impossible. I live here in the United States and we are too far in debt to start allowing students to join educational schools for free. Universities allow you a much better opportunity to succeed in life. You're expecting that much of a commitment to be free? Besides, different colleges have different standards between grades, scores, gender, money and much more. If college was free many colleges would have to expand their practices and classes and there would be much more flaw in the system.
Debestdebater20

Pro

Thankyou for your argument

Now I shall start my second argument.
Your argument is contradictory because you first agree to my point that universities should be free from the quote: "We need more intelligent people in this world and having a free university would help a lot", but then you argue points for it not to be free, so you agree then disagree.

You live in the United states but i live in the United kingdom so we are in different situations.
kylerez

Con

My argument is stating that free university would help a lot but it's not possible. I do agree that we should have free university membership but I disagree at the same time because you can simply snap your fingers and allow Universities to be free. It's not as easy as it sounds so please tell me the ideas you have to help pursue free Universities?
Debestdebater20

Pro

Technically your argument is pro for free universities because in one statement you say "I do agree that we should have free university membership but I disagree at the same time because you can simply snap your fingers and allow universities to be free", I know what you meant, but you still said it, I mean I have got the evidence. So you do agree with my point that universities should be free.

Due to your last point. To be able to have free universities, people pay more tax.
kylerez

Con

Yes but it's con because it is not possible. America need's more intelligent people but doesn't wish to care for the educated. Having free university would be useful to some extent but it could easily flaw an economy, the way secondary school's work, even diplomas and such.

"Due to your last point. To be able to have free universities, people pay more tax." Tax has been a problem for the last few decades. Who will be paying the most tax? The rich? The poor? The middle class? You expect everyone to afford higher tax, when it's been so high for years? I understand your concept but that's not enough to have free universities around the globe.

Thank you for this debate! It was fun!
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Free secondary education in Mexico seems to work there, however if you look at the quality of education in primary school, it is easy to see America does not want better educated people.
http://www.pewresearch.org...